• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Night March

Vulcan195

Aspiring Trainer
I was wondering if anyone can help me with my night mach because I am going to expanded reginals.

Pokémon - 19

4 Joltik PHF 26

4 Pumpkaboo PHF 44

4 Lampent PHF 42

1 Mr. Mime GEN 52

2 Tapu lele-GX GR 60

1 Mew FC 29

2 Marshadow-GX BUS 156

1 Magearna- EX STS 110

Trainer Cards - 31

3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107

1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

1 Lysandre AOR 79

1 N FCO 105

1 Teammates PRC 141

2 Dimension Valley PHF 93

1 Parallel City BKT 145

4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109

4 Ultra Ball SLG 68

4 VS Seeker PHF 109

1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

1 Escape Rope PRC 127

1 Float Stone BKT 137

1 Special Charge STS 105

1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97

1 Computer Search BCR 137

Energy - 8

4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

4 Metal Energy SUM

Total Cards - 60

So my strategy is to get joltiks or marshadow out as fast as I can to hit for weakness on Yveltal and Zoroark
and just discard the lampents and Pumpkaboo.

Last edited:

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like an excellent list to me but I do question why you are playing Magearna and you probably need 1 or 2 Shaybae.

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
I am running magerna counter oricorio and severe poison from salzzle.
i have major concerns with your deck
1-you need to attach a dce almost every turn so the metal energy will never get into play so the magearna will almost never be useful
2-nobody plays salazzle in expanded so magearna just does not matter
3-the metal energy is useless based on point 1
4-2 marshadow and 1 mew is excessive 2 total is probably fine
5-after you use all compressors and you get karen'd its game over
6-zoroark gx and acro bike are really good based on point 5
7-the last Night March to do really good was Michael Pramawat's win at Fort Wayne so consider looking at it even though the meta has shifted some https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/fort-wayne-regionals-2018/tcg-masters/
8-you are going to need shaymin ex likely 2
9-not sure Mr Mime is very useful but test it yourself to find out
10-do lots of testing and try to do it IRL with other good players with a variety of decks you expect to see
11-good luck

Kevin Wind

Aspiring Trainer
First of all, maybe you should add more copies of Marshadow because Night March attackers have low health and consistency is very important. You can also add Dowsing Machine to discard and to bring back pokemon or Puzzle of Times. I also recommend Sophocles to discard any cards that will further thin out your deck in a late game situation. You should also want to counter against these cards because your playing expanded.
Aegislash-EX( Immune to pokemon with special energy)
Giratina-EX(Locks you from playing Special Energy, Stadiums, and Tools)
Karen(It will keep you from having pokemon in your discard pile)
94633_200w.jpg
200px-GiratinaEXAncientOrigins93.jpg
1103778.jpg

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of the size of the Karen, this is only to emphasize how important this card is to your deck.

Kevin Wind

Aspiring Trainer
I also forgot a card Mega Rayquaza players might recognize that basically has a win condition against your deck.
XYA_EN_28a.png

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
First of all, maybe you should add more copies of Marshadow because Night March attackers have low health and consistency is very important. You can also add Dowsing Machine to discard and to bring back pokemon or Puzzle of Times. I also recommend Sophocles to discard any cards that will further thin out your deck in a late game situation. You should also want to counter against these cards because your playing expanded.
Aegislash-EX( Immune to pokemon with special energy)
Giratina-EX(Locks you from playing Special Energy, Stadiums, and Tools)
Karen(It will keep you from having pokemon in your discard pile)
94633_200w.jpg
200px-GiratinaEXAncientOrigins93.jpg
1103778.jpg

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of the size of the Karen, this is only to emphasize how important this card is to your deck.
once you get past the first two rounds of a regional and begin reaching the mid to top tables nobody will be playing either giratina or aegislash so those really shoud not be concerns. while karen is a concern for this deck sophocles is not the answer. aslo you should play less marshadow not more as the goal of this deck is to win the prize exchange not go even by playing marshadow. and nobody plays mega ray in expanded especially not a lighting variant

Kevin Wind

Aspiring Trainer
Confusion
Unless you didn't see my past comment it didn't have any explanation related to "mega ray in expanded," as I only mentioned Mega Rayquaza because there is a variant of its own deck with Jolteon, a card that can shut Night March completely. Not that anybody plays Mega Rayquaza in the expanded format. Also, some examples of Giratina and Aegislash being played are the top cut of the 2016 Dallas TCG Master's Regionals, the Orlando TCG Master's Regionals, the 2017 Anaheim TCG Master's Regionals, the 2017 Toronto TCG Master's Regionals, the 2016 California TCG Master's Winter Regionals, the 2016 Utah TCG Junior's Spring Regionals, etc.

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
Unless you didn't see my past comment it didn't have any explanation related to "mega ray in expanded," as I only mentioned Mega Rayquaza because there is a variant of its own deck with Jolteon, a card that can shut Night March completely.
What other deck uses Jolteon?
Also, some examples of Giratina and Aegislash being played are the top cut of the 2016 Dallas TCG Master's Regionals, the Orlando TCG Master's Regionals, the 2017 Anaheim TCG Master's Regionals, the 2017 Toronto TCG Master's Regionals, the 2016 California TCG Master's Winter Regionals, the 2016 Utah TCG Junior's Spring Regionals, etc.
What about Hex?

Kevin Wind

Aspiring Trainer
Good question Latte1504, in this post I will tell you some decks that can use Jolteon-EX. Though I did explain it can ruin Night March, I never said it had competitive play. Also, Hex Maniac doesn't stop Jolteon-EX, as it has no abilities. I think you meant Pokémon Ranger. Which is a fair argument towards what can beat Jolteon.
1.Glaceon/Jolteon
2.Glaceon/Jolteon/Vileplume
3.Seismitoad/Jolteon
4.Mega Rayquaza (Chip Richey's deck in the top cut of the 2017 Athens TCG Master's Regionals)
1111375.jpg

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
Confusion
Unless you didn't see my past comment it didn't have any explanation related to "mega ray in expanded," as I only mentioned Mega Rayquaza because there is a variant of its own deck with Jolteon, a card that can shut Night March completely. Not that anybody plays Mega Rayquaza in the expanded format. Also, some examples of Giratina and Aegislash being played are the top cut of the 2016 Dallas TCG Master's Regionals, the Orlando TCG Master's Regionals, the 2017 Anaheim TCG Master's Regionals, the 2017 Toronto TCG Master's Regionals, the 2016 California TCG Master's Winter Regionals, the 2016 Utah TCG Junior's Spring Regionals, etc.
those results are irrelevant there have been 2 expanded regionals in the US this season. When looking at the 2 most recent events there are 0 appearances of agislash and giratina and as for jolteon you simply lysandre or guzma around it and it should never be a concern.

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
1.Glaceon/Jolteon
Never an expanded deck.
2.Glaceon/Jolteon/Vileplume
Way dead, FOGP is banned.
3.Seismitoad/Jolteon
Never a deck anyway.
4.Mega Rayquaza (Chip Richey's deck in the top cut of the 2017 Athens TCG Master's Regionals)
This was a standard Regional, it is completely irrelevant.
Good question Latte1504, in this post I will tell you some decks that can use Jolteon-EX. Though I did explain it can ruin Night March, I never said it had competitive play. Also, Hex Maniac doesn't stop Jolteon-EX, as it has no abilities. I think you meant Pokémon Ranger. Which is a fair argument towards what can beat Jolteon.
You completely missed my point, I was saying you can Hex around the (non-existant) Aegislash. By the way, do you know anything about the actual meta of Expanded/POP tournament system? You don't seem to realize that the meta at every tournament is different and that standard also happens at regionals.

Kevin Wind

Aspiring Trainer
You took my post a certain way. Oh, I thought you meant Jolteon. You didn't specify which you were talking about. Though the comments about some of the decks are true, I do know that strategies are incorporated differently through certain formats. I was just listing decks that contained Jolteon, not which ones that are still relevant. Which you and I know. Yes, I know the regionals I listed some of which were standard, but while listing I didn't put any restrictions about format, date, relevancy, and place. This is why you should pay attention of the restrictions I list to explain my own point. This might be my last reply to this conversation. Me myself, was pretty reluctant listing the decks that contain Jolteon like you.

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
You took my post a certain way. Oh, I thought you meant Jolteon. You didn't specify which you were talking about. Though the comments about some of the decks are true, I do know that strategies are incorporated differently through certain formats. I was just listing decks that contained Jolteon, not which ones that are still relevant. Which you and I know. Yes, I know the regionals I listed some of which were standard, but while listing I didn't put any restrictions about format, date, relevancy, and place. This is why you should pay attention of the restrictions I list to explain my own point. This might be my last reply to this conversation. Me myself, was pretty reluctant listing the decks that contain Jolteon like you.
All that I am trying to prove is that Jolteon is an almost entirely irrelevant card to the format. If we agree, let's stop arguing.

Kevin Wind

Aspiring Trainer
I agree. Also, I will post two Seismitoad variants. One will be dedicated to energy denial to make item locks more devastating, and a poison variant to inflict damage quicker.
(Poison Cards)
SM3_EN_50.png
51xJ78t4eCL._SY300_.jpg
1064148.jpg
pkm_smb_124rev.jpg

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Which expanded regionals are you going to? I’m going to the Dallas one in January.

Look up Michael Pramawats winning list in Fort Wayne for some guidance. In Night March, the only energy you should be running is 4 DCE.

Also, start looking into maybe including Zoroark GX.

I’ll post a bit more later.