News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

The Ultimate Umbreon

To Ultra space and beyond!
I must say, I'm a little disappointed by the outcome. FA Olivia is cool but I was hoping for some more stuff That was not in the Japan set. We could have got masked royal, the memory cards from SM4+,Lille from SM4+,mother beast Lusamine from SM4+ and some other cool stuff. We got turtonator, vulpix and togedemaru in burning shadows so I was hoping for a similar thing here.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
It's nice to see a normal-sized set again, rather than what has become our usual two-and-a-half-in-one Sun & Moon sets, just to keep up with Japan's releases. All thanks to making Shining Legends its own set. This can allow for better pull rates in Crimson Invasion, in the sense that there are fewer different ultra rares to pull, so getting one that you want has a higher chance of being pulled. Too bad future set(s) will be going back to being giant...

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
This set feels underwhelming as a whole, which is a bit of a bummer because I like the Ultra Beasts. With that said, there's still some cool cards I wanna get.

That Miltank is nuts with Gardevoir. Have a Gardevoir that's about to get knocked out? Attach an energy for turn and another with Secret Spring and you just healed 180 damage.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Great set and nice balance if secret rares should be more achievable l, hope still a full art trainer per booster box (on average) would like a couple of Gladion's and lusamine for a bling bling deck.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
It's so nice to see sets like Shining Legends and Crimson Invasion. Smaller, easier to collect sets are way better than monsters like GUR and BUS. Shame that USUM's set will be massive, but...Even then, USUM could very well make or break this era.
What they need to do is three things:
1: Make GX cards actually have variety in terms of art. New Solgaleo and Lunala are done by PLANETA, instead of 5ban Which is a HUGE step in the right direction. Hopefully more people like Ayaka Yoshida and Ryo Ueda come back into the scene and do some GX cards, hopefully new people come in too.

2: Make the full arts look interesting. What happened to backgrounds? Is that just not a thing anymore? While they do reflect very well in the light, it's not enough to have just that and a plain background. Why not add some more detail? Full art EX cards are some of the most gorgeous cards ever printed. They all looked and felt special, unlike the new full art GX cards. Even having a background would remedy this.

3, and the most important: kill off the rainbow rares. These cards are the most unnecessary things that Pokemon has ever put out. I really do hope USUM kills these off, they have no reason to exist, and are why sets like GUR, SM base, and BUS are such a pain to complete. Yes, some of them like Primarina are really pretty, but they're so lazy. Just take the model of the full art and give it a rainbow coat. It takes a lot of the character out of the Pokemon.

I just hope USUM does that. Much like how XY and BW were rusty for the first few sets, hopefully once Sun and moon reaches a certain point it'll be an era worth remembering. Shining legends and even CRI are a step in the right direction, so hopefully they follow through.

Also FINALLY, FA Olivia. I've wanted that ever since they first revealed it.

miyamoris

Aspiring Trainer
has to be active but I'm sure there is a combo of retreat, attach heal and guzma/switch

I skipped the active part, ops. But yeah, with Guzma and other resources (fairy garden, float stone, switch) this doesn't seem that hard to pull off.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Glad I could help and that it turned out great!

I like this set, it will go easy on my FA collection :p

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
It's so nice to see sets like Shining Legends and Crimson Invasion. Smaller, easier to collect sets are way better than monsters like GUR and BUS. Shame that USUM's set will be massive, but...Even then, USUM could very well make or break this era.
What they need to do is three things:
1: Make GX cards actually have variety in terms of art. New Solgaleo and Lunala are done by PLANETA, instead of 5ban Which is a HUGE step in the right direction. Hopefully more people like Ayaka Yoshida and Ryo Ueda come back into the scene and do some GX cards, hopefully new people come in too.

2: Make the full arts look interesting. What happened to backgrounds? Is that just not a thing anymore? While they do reflect very well in the light, it's not enough to have just that and a plain background. Why not add some more detail? Full art EX cards are some of the most gorgeous cards ever printed. They all looked and felt special, unlike the new full art GX cards. Even having a background would remedy this.

3, and the most important: kill off the rainbow rares. These cards are the most unnecessary things that Pokemon has ever put out. I really do hope USUM kills these off, they have no reason to exist, and are why sets like GUR, SM base, and BUS are such a pain to complete. Yes, some of them like Primarina are really pretty, but they're so lazy. Just take the model of the full art and give it a rainbow coat. It takes a lot of the character out of the Pokemon.

I just hope USUM does that. Much like how XY and BW were rusty for the first few sets, hopefully once Sun and moon reaches a certain point it'll be an era worth remembering. Shining legends and even CRI are a step in the right direction, so hopefully they follow through.

Also FINALLY, FA Olivia. I've wanted that ever since they first revealed it.

I, for one like consistency. Therefore I actually like the plain backgrounds. However, I do think that the EX ones look better.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I, for one like consistency. Therefore I actually like the plain backgrounds. However, I do think that the EX ones look better.

Honestly, I do like the full art GX cards, I agree with you, the consistency is nice. They also really do reflect in the light incredibly well. But when I wanted full arts from sun and moon I was basing it off the desire I had for MORE full art EX cards. They're not at all bad, and I'm fine if that's what they're gonna be. I just hope in the future that they can outdo themselves and make something even better one of these days, which they have done in this era. The foil effects on evertthing are a huge improvement, and ghe SR item cards look better than ever before. There's obviously still room for improvement, at least in my eyes.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Hehe. I won, @jessalakasam. So far my partial set list were official, and hehehe! FA Olivia was there, I was right. And thanks for not adding SR Metal... AGAIN!

Ooh! I forgot, Sea of Nothingness was confirmed the name of Nihilego's dimension in USUM.