News Japan's SM4+ Set: 'GX Battle Boost!'

BKRapper

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, so we're getting a Lele GX reprint?! I guess this will be everyone's best chance at getting a few copies at reduced price.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Wow, so we're getting a Lele GX reprint?! I guess this will be everyone's best chance at getting a few copies at reduced price.
Nope, it'll still be exclusive to Japan, look at CP4.

Guzzlord Gx and Silvally GX: Tins

Tapu Fini: Pin Collection

3 UB Full Arts: either Crimson Invasion or USUM
Guzzlord is in the Guzzlord GX Box in January
The UBs are in USUM, we have proof it's not in CRI

supermattdab0ss

Sylveon is da b0ss
Gold secret rares, way better than rainbow. Tapu lele reprint is monumental, hopefully we get a reprint in English so the price will cool down a little. That would be nice. May by some Japanese packs from this amazing set!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Gold secret rares, way better than rainbow. Tapu lele reprint is monumental, hopefully we get a reprint in English so the price will cool down a little. That would be nice.
Once again, the fact that it has the same art guarantees we won't get it look at CP4 and BoXY.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Why can't we just get those amazing full arts from steam siege and fates collide again (and that FA Promo Shaymin EX)?? Hyper Rare Volc full art was amazing. The Gold Rare is WAY better than the RR but it's still a step backwards IMO. It's curious that the SM base set Solgaleo is the one that gets the GR treatment but whatever.

I'm interested to see if that Shiinotic sees anymore use that the Grass version. It's a pretty amazing effect IMO

EDIT: sooooo was the update that something was added to the post or that everything in the original post was the only new stuff we'd be getting?
if you consider getting out fairies is your top priority in a fairy deck, its probably use for gardevoir

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Is like they want you to use the REGI's in this ancient crystal. but i dont see how useful this is unless you want stall them. and they need to make lunala a better pokemon, the counterpart is already OP.

sagen888

Shine on you Crazy Diamond
The art design for the Celesteela Full Art is pretty disappointing in my opinion... they could have drew a much more interesting pose instead of a lazy, lifeless/unexciting head on perspective. I do think that Xurkitree's Full Art looks pretty cool though.

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
Who's the wise guy who said the Rainbow Rares look bad? They really don't.
The SUPER SECRET GOLDEN RARE CARDS look amazing.
I did, because they are completely lazy and look like really bad fakes only they're not and that makes it even worse, they are literally the full arts without color, the secret rares from Steam Siege, Fates Collide, BreakThrough, and BreakPoint looks 100 times better than the unoriginal trash that are rainbow rares

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Oh god, I want those golden cards...

So this set is presumably launching in feburary, and it has reprints of Solgaleo and Lunala,
Does this mean we are going to get the new Solgaleo and Lunala in SM6? (Ultra Sun and Moon set)

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Some RR cards are okay looking, but really the big issue is how unnecessary they are. They're soulless compared to the SR cards of the last two eras, being a palette swap with a single rainbow pattern on them, they all end up just looking bland and nearly exactly the same.

At least the gold cards are secret rares that feel somewhat special. They could have done more than just a palette swap (same could be said for RRs, but those are quite a few levels worse than these) though. At least the shading is really nice, so it's not that bad.

They were meant to be binder bling for the collectors, and deck bling for the players, duh.

The Ultimate Umbreon

To Ultra space and beyond!
I thought this set was japans way of getting all the promo cards we have like the promo ho-oh gx,marshadow,and nercozma from the tins. As well as kommo-o gx, and the team skull collection guys..