• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard COMING SOON! Solgaleo-GX Deck

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
After the possibly 5-Geodude, Solgaleo GX Promo which will be coming soon, I made my own Solgaleo Deck.

Pokémon - 18
1 Kartana-GX
3 Cosmog
2 Cosmoem
2 Solgaleo-GX (NEW)
1 Solgaleo-GX
2 Registeel
1 Alolan Vulpix
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Rayquaza
2 Tapu Koko

Energy - 14
10 Metal Energy
4 DCE

Supporters - 11
3 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Guzma
1 Gladion
2 Brigette

Items - 17
4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
2 Field Blower
3 Choice Band
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Escape Rope
3 Max Potion

TOTAL - 60

Is my list consistent enough?

I would really just go all in on Solgaleo.

4 Cosmog
3 Cosmoem
2 Solgaleo-GX (NEW)
2 Solgaleo-GX
1 Solgaleo (GRI) (for Hoopa and Alolan Ninetails as well as other OHKO's without discarding)
2 Registeel
2 Alolan Vulpix
2 -3 Tapu Lele GX

+ 1 N
+ 1 Sycamore

- 1 Max Potion
- 2 Tapu Koko
- 1 Rayquaza
- 1 Escape Rope (Ultra Road)
-1 Gladion (You have more pieces for your evolutions)

Maybe - 2 on the DCE's then as well to add more trainers. I like Heavy ball in this for all the Cosmoem and Solgaleo pieces as well as Registeel.

Last edited:
Great point. I would add Heavy Ball to easily searched Cosmoem and OLD Solgaleo

I don’t think kartana is that good in this deck, it’s gx attack is not as good a sol burst and the hit and run is not that good. I would also add baby solgaleo #heynick for GRI to deal with band alolan ninetails and Hoopa SHL.

Having the baby Solgaleo would a great addition to this deck. It gives you options whenever you go against anti GX/EX Pokemon like Hoopa and A. Ninetales.

Although it's hard to say now already, I'm really wondering how consistent the deck would be, given the fact that you will use multiple stage 2's and Solgaleo GX / Metagross GX didn't work out. Sure, you did need at least 2 Metagross GX and Solgaleo GX out to function well, which is more difficult than just 1 or 2 Solgaleo GX to start with in the 'new deck'.

But still, it feels like if you Guzma out 1 or two Cosmog / Cosmoem's early, or use Espeon Ex if they evolve with rare candy (maybe combined with Po Town), you can possible make it harder to have the consistency. Although I really understand the hype about the card / combination, once they set up, it will be very difficult for most decks to win indeed. So if you're not Garbotoxin Garbodor / Salazzle or Golisopod / Garbodor or something like that, you have to disrupt the set up I guess.

Personally, I think consistency is a non issue.

Solgaleo GX is the only stage 2 deck with a non-Ultra Ball searchable middle evolution (Heavy Ball + Cosmoem). Plus, Heavy Ball also searches our current Solgaleo GX and the non-GX Solgaleo, making your offensive options a lot more stable. Heavy Ball is basically what Dive Ball was for Greninja decks, but Greninja is a "Stage 3" deck while Solgaleo is just a stage 2. Solgaleo GX is about as consistent as a Stage 2 deck can get in terms of evolution.

The Guzma + Espeon concern is a concern that every evolution deck has so I don't consider it to be a "flaw" exclusive to this deck. Also, Solgaleo GX is more Espeon proof than other decks with the global heal and max potion. I think Acerola is also a pretty good option if you are playing a 3 line of Cosmoem and set up your board appropriately to drop a Solgaleo on a Cosmoem. With the consistency that 3 Cosmoem + 2 to 3 Heavy Ball have to offer, you really are not going to struggle to evolve.

The worst part of Metagross GX/Solgaleo GX is that you need 2 Metagross GX and 1 Solgaleo GX set up to function as intended, and if you faced a fire deck that was never happening. With a pure Solgaleo GX build, you're only relying on one evolution chain (Brigette for 3 Nebbies), and you only need 1 of each GX set up to have your full system. If you're not facing fire, you can set up SuMo Solgaleo GX first and get an early huge OHKO, then the following turn set up New Solgaleo GX and get that energy loop going. It's a lot easier, a lot more consistent, and your energy loop doesn't get shut off by Garbotoxin like Metagross/Solgaleo did. If you're really good, you can Guzma up a Garbodor, OHKO it with the new Solgaleo GX while simultaneously charging 2 energy onto SuMo Solgaleo GX, then on your next turn, attach for turn, then Ultra Road and get a 230 OHKO on a GX.

I am currently working on a list to maximize consistency, even if I have to run excessive counts of some cards and then cut back later. This deck has so much power and defense that if you can simply guarantee a full Solgaleo set up by turn 3, it's basically GG. 230 base power to OHKO all GX's, and 120 base power to OHKO unprepared evolutions like opposing Cosmoems while accelerating energy onto your 230 base Solgaleo GX.

With 230 base power and 250 HP, Solgaleo GX is a battle of consistency.

Although it's hard to say now already, I'm really wondering how consistent the deck would be, given the fact that you will use multiple stage 2's and Solgaleo GX / Metagross GX didn't work out. Sure, you did need at least 2 Metagross GX and Solgaleo GX out to function well, which is more difficult than just 1 or 2 Solgaleo GX to start with in the 'new deck'.

This isn't an issue because you use the same basic to get to different GX, which have different purposes. You will use the SM card for killing other GX decks and the SM5 Solgaleo-GX.

I think the OP list runs a few too many different pokes. There's little point in running both Rayquaza and Registeel, and honestly I think Vulpix is more important than either and will be used as your one prize trade in most games anyways. I think the pokemon lineup for this deck should be

4 Cosmog
3 Cosmoem
2 Solgaleo-GX SM1
2 Solgaleo-GX SM5
1 Solgaleo GRI
2 Lele-GX
2-3 Vulpix

Koko isn't that big of a benefit for this deck, the spread doesn't make a major difference, choice band gives you the damage to OHKO anything with SM solg and 2HKO anything with SM5 Solg.

I agree I guess. My point basically is that if you are facing this deck (Solgaleo GX combi), you just have to disrupt the set up 'cause otherwise it will be very, very hard. So I think you can expect your opponent to try to disrupt early on, so while making this list you could try to think about counters as well 'cause this deck will recieve a lot of attention, that's what most of us expect right now I guess.

And yes, they use the same basic, but you still need to build up multiple stage 2's. So for me, that looks like the best 'counter'. Because once set up, 250 HP, no weakness, a switch possibility every turn, possibility to accelerate energy etc. means you almost can't stop it anymore.

I think there will come another card like Garbotoxin or Hex Maniac if Solgaleo GX combi will be(come) that big, and I think decks like Weavile / Espeon EX / Po Town etc. might become (even) more interesting, but we'll see, that is not really a 'deck garage' discussion anymore.

Are there any ways to counter Espeon? Because that seems to me to be the only real threat to this deck. As an added note can Zoroark work in this deck or would that make it to clunky?

I agree I guess. My point basically is that if you are facing this deck (Solgaleo GX combi), you just have to disrupt the set up 'cause otherwise it will be very, very hard. So I think you can expect your opponent to try to disrupt early on, so while making this list you could try to think about counters as well 'cause this deck will recieve a lot of attention, that's what most of us expect right now I guess.

And yes, they use the same basic, but you still need to build up multiple stage 2's. So for me, that looks like the best 'counter'. Because once set up, 250 HP, no weakness, a switch possibility every turn, possibility to accelerate energy etc. means you almost can't stop it anymore.

I think there will come another card like Garbotoxin or Hex Maniac if Solgaleo GX combi will be(come) that big, and I think decks like Weavile / Espeon EX / Po Town etc. might become (even) more interesting, but we'll see, that is not really a 'deck garage' discussion anymore.

Hex Rotated, Garbodor is the only ability lock in standard

I know, just read what I said.. I said I think there will be another way to shut down abilities (like in new card releases) if Solgaleo GX really will become that big.

Are there any ways to counter Espeon? Because that seems to me to be the only real threat to this deck. As an added note can Zoroark work in this deck or would that make it to clunky?
As in Espeon you must mean the EX and not really when it comes to Miraculous Shine. Zoroark will make it too clunky and is one of the main counters. Pokemaster26 and I covered it at school yesterday.

I know, just read what I said.. I said I think there will be another way to shut down abilities (like in new card releases) if Solgaleo GX really will become that big.

The thing about ability lock is that it still means that only fire Pokemon + ability lock are going to have a highly favorable match up against this deck. Introducing further ability lock would just mean that fire would take over even more, and then everyone would go play Alolan Ninetales. It doesn't exactly breath more life or variety into the competition.

If ability lock without Garbodor becomes more prominent, then just change out field blowers for float stones and your Guzma plays are still viable. Solgaleo's damage output, 250 HP, and energy acceleration are not affected by ability lock. It's part of what makes it so good. The only purpose ability lock serves is to grant fire a winnable match up. Something like Golisopod/Garbodor isn't exactly going to have a free win against this kind of deck still.

While I think that more ability lock is totally fair and possible, I don't think that's the change that's going to make the game more diverse.

a few things, first can you add the translations so lazy people like myself don't have to go to the front page
2nd, would it not make more sense to drop a few of the backup attackers and just be as consistent as possible?

The thing about ability lock is that it still means that only fire Pokemon + ability lock are going to have a highly favorable match up against this deck. Introducing further ability lock would just mean that fire would take over even more, and then everyone would go play Alolan Ninetales. It doesn't exactly breath more life or variety into the competition.

If ability lock without Garbodor becomes more prominent, then just change out field blowers for float stones and your Guzma plays are still viable. Solgaleo's damage output, 250 HP, and energy acceleration are not affected by ability lock. It's part of what makes it so good. The only purpose ability lock serves is to grant fire a winnable match up. Something like Golisopod/Garbodor isn't exactly going to have a free win against this kind of deck still.

While I think that more ability lock is totally fair and possible, I don't think that's the change that's going to make the game more diverse.
Yup Golisa/Garb will have a terrible match-up against this. So will Gardevoir!

Back