• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Marshadow GX Toolbox (SHADOWBOX!)

Skater_J

Aspiring Trainer
Haven't checked my post in awhile and just read through some of the comments. Thanks for the input!
I'm planning on dropping a Rescue Stretcher for Hoopa (Shining Legends). Not sure it'll be good enough as a staller though. Rescue Stretcher (and Plumeria) I'm usually not too excited to see, though Plumeria has occasionally saved me in a pinch.

What are people's thoughts on using Choice Band instead of FFB? On the one hand, CB lets you OHKO Lele (and other basic GX Pokemon) with a Berserk, on the other, FFB saves you from a banded Golisopod from OHKOing your Marshadow. I almost feel like I should drop both Plumeria and 1 FFB and add 2 CB and a third Guzma. Or possibly drop 1-2 Strong Energy. Not sure. I'm planning on taking this deck IRL to a tournament this weekend and want to tweak it to make it as good as possible. Don't want to change too much necessarily since I have a lot of experience with this current build.

I would go with the FFBs, I justify it by thinking that a FFB + Strong energy = a Choice band anyway but with the added benefit of +40HP. I would definitely recommend adding in a Magearna-EX and a Shining Mew, those 2 cards are indispensable in a variety of match-ups. Discard Shining mew as fast as possible to load any combination of special energy onto your Marshadow's, it has come in clutch in a few matches for me. Magearna-EX will protect your energy and prevent status effect/discard attacks as long as you have a rainbow energy. Just today I was able to protect myself from Trevenant Break's "Silent fear" attack with Magearna-EX. It also prevents Toxapex's "Super intense poison" attack for example and a variety of paralysis attacks. Magearna also doubles as a metal type attacker who can OHKO Gardevoir-GX, Sylveon-GX, and Ninetales-GX.

I definitely recommend adding a third Guzma and third Field blower as Garbotoxin is a deal breaker for this deck and you don't want to have to discard energy for retreating. I personally drop the Sycamore count in my deck in favour of Psychic's Third Eye. I also found Acerola to be very helpful at times to save a Marshadow and get the right energy off one and attach it to another.

I really want to add Zoroark-GX to my list, it has so much potential in this deck as both support and an attacker. But the cards online and offline are just too pricey at the moment. I'm gonna wait until the full art box is for sale.

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
I would go with the FFBs, I justify it by thinking that a FFB + Strong energy = a Choice band anyway but with the added benefit of +40HP. I would definitely recommend adding in a Magearna-EX and a Shining Mew, those 2 cards are indispensable in a variety of match-ups. Discard Shining mew as fast as possible to load any combination of special energy onto your Marshadow's, it has come in clutch in a few matches for me. Magearna-EX will protect your energy and prevent status effect/discard attacks as long as you have a rainbow energy. Just today I was able to protect myself from Trevenant Break's "Silent fear" attack with Magearna-EX. It also prevents Toxapex's "Super intense poison" attack for example and a variety of paralysis attacks. Magearna also doubles as a metal type attacker who can OHKO Gardevoir-GX, Sylveon-GX, and Ninetales-GX.

I definitely recommend adding a third Guzma and third Field blower as Garbotoxin is a deal breaker for this deck and you don't want to have to discard energy for retreating. I personally drop the Sycamore count in my deck in favour of Psychic's Third Eye. I also found Acerola to be very helpful at times to save a Marshadow and get the right energy off one and attach it to another.

I really want to add Zoroark-GX to my list, it has so much potential in this deck as both support and an attacker. But the cards online and offline are just too pricey at the moment. I'm gonna wait until the full art box is for sale.

Thanks for the detailed response! Good point on the FFB + Strong Energy argument, I'll roll with what I've got. I also was looking at Shining Mew, which will become even more important once Chaos Wheel Mismagius comes out. Unfortunately I don't own any, online or in paper. Not sure I'll be able to get my hands on one before this Saturday.

For the third Guzma and Field Blower, what would you recommend dropping? I'm also on the fence about the Shining Legends Hoopa I mentioned earlier. It may just be too cute when it's effect can essentially be done through proper use of Flash/Crystal Ray. I'll also see if I can grab a Magearna EX to test out.

Skater_J

Aspiring Trainer
I don't want to mess around with what works for you too much but if it were me, I would sacrifice in the following areas:

Go to 1 Jolteon-EX. The meta right now is evolution heavy right now so you'll be using Glaceon's attack (with Marshadow) the majority of the time. Yes, a opponent can go agro on a Tapu-Lele but that should give you time enough to find your Jolteon, or you could use Jirachi XY67 "Stardust attack" to discard their special energy and shield yourself. Jolteon-EX is a great card to have against Volcanion/Turtonator decks but you could use Glaceon-EX as an attacker to hit for weakness. Ho-oh is a card to watch out for if you don't have Jolteon-EX available (which would hit for weakness) but Clefairy's metronome attack can OHKO Ho-oh with a FFB (or a single strong energy).

Go to 1 Plumeria, this is a card that can come in clutch at times but at other times it works against you, especially when you need a draw supporter.

Go to 1 Sopholces, a great card but not always essential.

Go to 3 Marshadow-GX, sounds counter-intuitive but the less Marshadow you have in the deck the better chances you have at not starting with Marshadow. Remember, you can't attack with Marshadow-GX unless you have pokemon in the discard or 3 energy attachments. I use the strategy of using a low energy disruptive or supportive starter like Taurus-GX, spinda, clefairy (sing), Litwick, Drampa-GX (righteous edge), Shining Mew, or Jolteon-EX (swift) while I begin to discard and power up the bench. Ultraball is usually my best way to get Marshadow out. If I start with a single prize attacker I usually sacrifice it as it only helps Marshadow and gives me time to power up the bench. Ninja boy can also help get an unwanted GX/EX starter out of the active or bring in Marshadow a bit later in the match (or get Lele off the bench and back into your deck). I also find that having more than 2 Marshadow in the field is a liability as you don't have enough FFB to cover them all and they can be Guzma'd up and OHKO'd very easily (even Vikavolt can OHKO you).

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
I don't want to mess around with what works for you too much but if it were me, I would sacrifice in the following areas:

Go to 1 Jolteon-EX. The meta right now is evolution heavy right now so you'll be using Glaceon's attack (with Marshadow) the majority of the time. Yes, a opponent can go agro on a Tapu-Lele but that should give you time enough to find your Jolteon, or you could use Jirachi XY67 "Stardust attack" to discard their special energy and shield yourself. Jolteon-EX is a great card to have against Volcanion/Turtonator decks but you could use Glaceon-EX as an attacker to hit for weakness. Ho-oh is a card to watch out for if you don't have Jolteon-EX available (which would hit for weakness) but Clefairy's metronome attack can OHKO Ho-oh with a FFB (or a single strong energy).

Go to 1 Plumeria, this is a card that can come in clutch at times but at other times it works against you, especially when you need a draw supporter.

Go to 1 Sopholces, a great card but not always essential.

Go to 3 Marshadow-GX, sounds counter-intuitive but the less Marshadow you have in the deck the better chances you have at not starting with Marshadow. Remember, you can't attack with Marshadow-GX unless you have pokemon in the discard or 3 energy attachments. I use the strategy of using a low energy disruptive or supportive starter like Taurus-GX, spinda, clefairy (sing), Litwick, Drampa-GX (righteous edge), Shining Mew, or Jolteon-EX (swift) while I begin to discard and power up the bench. Ultraball is usually my best way to get Marshadow out. If I start with a single prize attacker I usually sacrifice it as it only helps Marshadow and gives me time to power up the bench. Ninja boy can also help get an unwanted GX/EX starter out of the active or bring in Marshadow a bit later in the match (or get Lele off the bench and back into your deck). I also find that having more than 2 Marshadow in the field is a liability as you don't have enough FFB to cover them all and they can be Guzma'd up and OHKO'd very easily (even Vikavolt can OHKO you).

I'll do some tests tonight on PTCGO using these recommendations. I'm a bit hesitant to drop a Jolteon, because it has come in handy a lot and I fear prizing it. Even being able to start with it active and retreat for free gives a lot of turn 1 flexibility (I'm always happy to see Jolteon or Tapu Koko in my opening hand because of free retreat and low cost attacks). But definitely dropping 1 Plumeria and I'll test dropping 1 Sophocles. I just fear not having enough discard outlets to draw into. And with 3 Marshadow GX have you ever had any issues drawing into them or digging them up? I'll test it out but back when I was playing Lurantis GX/Eevelutions I had a 4-4 line of Fomantis-Lurantis GX and still sometimes had issues getting the Pokémon I need.

Edit: Also, how many packs does Shining Mew go for online? I only have about 15 Burning Shadows and 6 Shining Legends packs for trade at the moment.

Skater_J

Aspiring Trainer
@EarthwormZim I prize 1 Marshadow every now and again but all I need is 2 and I've never had any issue getting them out with Ultraball or Pokemon fan club (Brooklet Hill in your case).

I got my Shining Mew for 5 Shining legends packs, but that was right after release. It might be going for more now. I hear some people are playing it in Mewtwo-GX decks.

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
@EarthwormZim I prize 1 Marshadow every now and again but all I need is 2 and I've never had any issue getting them out with Ultraball or Pokemon fan club (Brooklet Hill in your case).

I got my Shining Mew for 5 Shining legends packs, but that was right after release. It might be going for more now. I hear some people are playing it in Mewtwo-GX decks.

Meh, I guess I'll pass on Shining Mew for now. Especially since unless I pull one in the Elite Trainer Box coming in the mail Thursday, I won't have one by this Saturday anyways.

I'll give 3 Marshadow GX a shot though. I suppose unlike the Lurantis deck, Marshadow is a basic AND can be cheated out with Brooklet Hill. Thanks for the input!

A bit off topic, what are your thoughts on a single Kartana GX once it comes out? Can be used for Energy discard when needed, or its attack can be used to shuffle an injured Marshadow and all its energies into your deck, only to be tutored with Brooklet Hill the next turn. And finally its GX attack can be used for cheap wins when you haven't needed to burn a GX attack prior in the match.

Skater_J

Aspiring Trainer
@EarthwormZim Kartana-GX certainly looks good. It's like a re-usable E-hammer and Acerola in one and it has a decent GX attack to boot. Well not quite like Acerola but you know what I mean. I'm not quite sure if it will be a good fit for Marshadow or not. I would much rather use Acerola to get the energy back in my hand. I like Necrozma's GX attack better and I would rather have Magearna-EX as a metal attacker and for the mirror match as well (protect against special energy discard with Mystic heart)

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
Well had an unfortunate couple games. Dropped to 3 Marshadow, replaced 1 rescue stretcher with a third field blower, and added shining new. First game lost to Drampa Garb with Espeon Gx tech. Whenever I was stabilizing he would find more items to attach to Garb. Was a very long match. Second round went poorly but I still won. Was playing some Dugtrio/Raichu/Rotom brew that hits for 1 energy then moves the damage from the bench to the opponent's active with Rotom. Was annoying but I was able to beat it. Hardest part was deciding when to Crystal Ray and when to Flash Ray since he had a powered job lele the whole game.

Afterwards I noticed that they have the XY67 Stardust Jirachi in the shop for 250 coins, so I grabbed that. Also Shining Mew cost me 11 Burning Shadows packs. Not sure if that was a ripoff or not.

Skater_J

Aspiring Trainer
@EarthwormZim tech in a Magearna-EX into your list, it will help with both the Drampa-GX and Espeon-GX match-ups. Put Magearna on your bench, place Marshadow in the active with a rainbow energy and you can prevent both Special energy discard and confusion. Hopefully your third field blower helped with Garb.

Yeah I did the same with the XY67 Jirachi, grabbed a few from the online store and I ordered a couple IRL cards from Troll & Toad as well.

I'm sorry to hear that Shining Mew is getting so pricey these days :(

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
@EarthwormZim tech in a Magearna-EX into your list, it will help with both the Drampa-GX and Espeon-GX match-ups. Put Magearna on your bench, place Marshadow in the active with a rainbow energy and you can prevent both Special energy discard and confusion. Hopefully your third field blower helped with Garb.

Yeah I did the same with the XY67 Jirachi, grabbed a few from the online store and I ordered a couple IRL cards from Troll & Toad as well.

I'm sorry to hear that Shining Mew is getting so pricey these days :(

Yeah I'm gonna grab a Magearna to help with that. And honestly the loss was a combo of bad luck and sloppy play by me. I Ninja Boyed too early because I feared an N and got a Tauros stuck active as he proceeded to charge up 2 Drampas and a Garbodor (Confusion is rough. Would have gotten the KO on Espeon much earlier had I not lost that coin flip).

I'm not too upset by the Shining Mew cost. I had the packs handy already and didn't really need anything else. I'll definitely need it anyway because otherwise Mismagius will be able to singlehandedly shut down the deck without it. (Still can if you don't get a Rainbow Energy attachment quick enough).

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
Also, I'm planning on taking a Marshadow GX toolbox deck (still trying to figure out my finalized decklist) to a League Cup this weekend. It'll be my first competitive (other than pre-release, if you can even call that competitive) tournament, I usually only play at my LGS casually. You guys think it could contend? Personally I don't know what the full meta looks like in my area. I also have the pieces to make Solgaleo GX/Rayquaza and Greninja BREAK (though rotation was quite harsh on Greninja)...I could also make a janky M Charizard EX (GEN)/Kiawe/Fliptini deck, but I doubt that would do very well lol (I want to get my hands on 2 Shining Celebi to make a Charizard GX + GEN Charmander and Charmeleon/Fliptini deck to take advantage of Charmander's Playful attack. I imagine Shining Celebi will be ~$15 due to being an expensive box exclusive.)

Marshadow GX is my favorite to play, but I'm not sure if it's positioned too well right now.

Skater_J

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sure about your league but the last league cup I was at there were: 2 x Greninja, Espeon/Garb, 2 x Gardevoir-GX, Ninetales-GX, Golisipod-GX/Tapu-koko, Xerneas Break, Volcanion/Ho-Oh, Toxapex-GX/Raichu and my Tapu-Bulu/Vikavolt deck. The players here mostly seem to play meta decks.

Marshadow Toolbox is set up to counter all of those decks (as long as you have Magearna-EX, I have 2 in my list and 3 field blowers). Getting consistent enough with the deck is the biggest challenge. Just today I added Zygarde-EX to my deck because I always seemed to get strong energy at the wrong time (in the first hand) and didn't have a Marshadow to attach it to. Here's the dilemma, do I add another Marshadow or use Zygarde as another fighting type attacker? Zygarde is also a single energy attacker who can use strong energy and has 230 HP with FFB which is handy, terrible retreat cost though.

*Edit: Since there's a few break decks out there I wonder if the Giratina Promo is a good idea to include.

Last edited:

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah I was having trouble with my Strong Energy when only running 3 Marshadow GX. May go to 4 again. Also I did not pull a Shining Mew from my ETB so I won't have that this weekend. In fact, I've pulled zero shining Pokémon at all in 16 packs, but I have gotten Rainbow Rare Entei Gx, Zoruark GX, and Test Tube Mewtwo GX, so I can't be too upset.

I need to get Magearna EX before this weekend. Also not sure if I should put my Jirachi XY67 into the deck. I took it out initially because it's a tad redundant with Drampa GX's Righteous Edge.

I wonder if dropping 2 strong energy for a Water and Lightning would be worth it to help with attaching to non-Marshadow basics.

Edit: and I know for a fact I won't be able to get Giratina promo before the weekend lol.

Edit 2: Too bad a 2-2 line of Carbink BREAK would take up too much space to squeeze in. Another fighting type that retrieves special energies would be nice.

Last edited:

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
I'm not sure about your league but the last league cup I was at there were: 2 x Greninja, Espeon/Garb, 2 x Gardevoir-GX, Ninetales-GX, Golisipod-GX/Tapu-koko, Xerneas Break, Volcanion/Ho-Oh, Toxapex-GX/Raichu and my Tapu-Bulu/Vikavolt deck. The players here mostly seem to play meta decks.

Marshadow Toolbox is set up to counter all of those decks (as long as you have Magearna-EX, I have 2 in my list and 3 field blowers). Getting consistent enough with the deck is the biggest challenge. Just today I added Zygarde-EX to my deck because I always seemed to get strong energy at the wrong time (in the first hand) and didn't have a Marshadow to attach it to. Here's the dilemma, do I add another Marshadow or use Zygarde as another fighting type attacker? Zygarde is also a single energy attacker who can use strong energy and has 230 HP with FFB which is handy, terrible retreat cost though.

*Edit: Since there's a few break decks out there I wonder if the Giratina Promo is a good idea to include.

If you need to play against Trevenant or Greninja decks, Giratina is the pokemon of choice.

Regarding Zygarde, i did not consider it in the deck before, it could be good i guess. I personally opted for the Machamp-Ex/Comfey combo. Comfey gets you out of special condition effects and this is sometimes useful. Also, Comfey allows you to avoid being confused when using Steaming mad (as long as you have Rainbow energy attached of course). I do not see how Zygarde can be better than Machamp at first sight if it is paired with Comfey.

This is the deck i am experimenting right now. I am trying a few things here and there so the list is maybe not optimal it still in test phase (hello FA Multi Switch). Personally i do not like Brooklet, i prefer Po Town. I dropped Litwick and replaced it with Vulpix as it serves a similar role. Tried adding Baby Ninetales but could not find any use for it so far.

I play more Ninja Boy copies because it serves many purposes and i like it's versatility. You can use it as a switch if you Ninja Boy into a 0 retreat pokemon. It helps with not being stuck with Marshadow in the active (and this is a big deal). It serves as a recycle for Tapu Lele. It reduces the prizes on your bench and much more. I would probably have Tapu Koko promo in the deck but that is not a card i own.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 100
* 1 Clefairy EVO 63
* 1 Comfey GRI 93
* 1 Machamp-EX AOR 90
* 3 Marshadow-GX BUS 80
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 1 Magearna-EX STS 110
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 117
* 1 Shining Mew SLG 40
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 1 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28
* 1 Glaceon-EX FCO 20
* 1 Remoraid BKT 31
* 1 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Multi Switch BUS 164
* 2 Po Town BUS 121
* 1 N FCO 105
* 3 Sophocles BUS 123
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163
* 1 Plumeria BUS 120

##Energy - 12

* 4 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 4 Strong Energy FCO 115
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah I was having trouble with my Strong Energy when only running 3 Marshadow GX. May go to 4 again. Also I did not pull a Shining Mew from my ETB so I won't have that this weekend. In fact, I've pulled zero shining Pokémon at all in 16 packs, but I have gotten Rainbow Rare Entei Gx, Zoruark GX, and Test Tube Mewtwo GX, so I can't be too upset.

I need to get Magearna EX before this weekend. Also not sure if I should put my Jirachi XY67 into the deck. I took it out initially because it's a tad redundant with Drampa GX's Righteous Edge.

I wonder if dropping 2 strong energy for a Water and Lightning would be worth it to help with attaching to non-Marshadow basics.
If you need to play against Trevenant or Greninja decks, Giratina is the pokemon of choice.

Regarding Zygarde, i did not consider it in the deck before, it could be good i guess. I personally opted for the Machamp-Ex/Comfey combo. Comfey gets you out of special condition effects and this is sometimes useful. Also, Comfey allows you to avoid being confused when using Steaming mad (as long as you have Rainbow energy attached of course). I do not see how Zygarde can be better than Machamp at first sight if it is paired with Comfey.

This is the deck i am experimenting right now. I am trying a few things here and there so the list is maybe not optimal it still in test phase (hello FA Multi Switch). Personally i do not like Brooklet, i prefer Po Town. I dropped Litwick and replaced it with Vulpix as it serves a similar role. Tried adding Baby Ninetales but could not find any use for it so far.

I play more Ninja Boy copies because it serves many purposes and i like it's versatility. You can use it as a switch if you Ninja Boy into a 0 retreat pokemon. It helps with not being stuck with Marshadow in the active (and this is a big deal). It serves as a recycle for Tapu Lele. It reduces the prizes on your bench and much more. I would probably have Tapu Koko promo in the deck but that is not a card i own.

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 115
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 100
* 1 Clefairy EVO 63
* 1 Comfey GRI 93
* 1 Machamp-EX AOR 90
* 3 Marshadow-GX BUS 80
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 1 Magearna-EX STS 110
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 117
* 1 Shining Mew SLG 40
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 1 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28
* 1 Glaceon-EX FCO 20
* 1 Remoraid BKT 31
* 1 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Multi Switch BUS 164
* 2 Po Town BUS 121
* 1 N FCO 105
* 3 Sophocles BUS 123
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163
* 1 Plumeria BUS 120

##Energy - 12

* 4 Strong Energy FCO 115
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Personally I would replace the Alolan vulpix - Ninetails line with Litwick and Hoopa (shining legends), respectively. Litwick putts 2 cards into discard (which is where we want them) rather than to hand like Vulpix, meaning what was searched can't be ruined by the opponent's N. Hoopa is the same thing as Ninetails only Dark type, Basic, and with more HP. Since you have Oranguru, if you want to run another draw supporter I think Zoroark GX might be more useful. It lets you discard 1 (which is good for us) and draw two and has an attack that can be used for a single DCE in a pinch.

Just my thoughts. Other than that looks like a solid list. I'm intrigued by the higher Ninja Boy count. I don't always use ninja boy but there have been times where it was MVP and other times when I desperately wished I had it in hand.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Personally I would replace the Alolan vulpix - Ninetails line with Litwick and Hoopa (shining legends), respectively. Litwick putts 2 cards into discard (which is where we want them) rather than to hand like Vulpix, meaning what was searched can't be ruined by the opponent's N. Hoopa is the same thing as Ninetails only Dark type, Basic, and with more HP. Since you have Oranguru, if you want to run another draw supporter I think Zoroark GX might be more useful. It lets you discard 1 (which is good for us) and draw two and has an attack that can be used for a single DCE in a pinch.

Just my thoughts. Other than that looks like a solid list. I'm intrigued by the higher Ninja Boy count. I don't always use ninja boy but there have been times where it was MVP and other times when I desperately wished I had it in hand.

Personally, i do not like Litwick. I would rather do other attacks on my first turn than that discard attack (Shining Mew accelerating energy for exemple). Since i am using more Ninja Boy counts, discarding pokemons is not as crucial anymore since i do not have to send those pokemons in my discard pile. I can Ninja Boy into what is needed instead if the pokemon i need is still in my deck. Ninja Boy also serves an important purpose; relying less on Marshadow who can be countered by Garbotoxin. This means i usually get away with only 2 Field Blowers. Recycling Tapu Lele into your deck and placing that Remoraid or Oranguru on your bench instead is sometimes very useful. Finally, a big thing about Ninja Boy: you are less susceptible of being stuck with a Marshadow in the active to start with.

Regarding Hoopa (shining legends), it is not a card i own. Vulpix can be countered by N and thats one flaw but you can search for Remoraid/Octillery/Tapu Lele and this is a big advantage over Litwick imo. Zoroark could be a thing but then again, i do not have the card.

I do not have much data yet to back up all i am saying but when i do, i will make sure to let you guys know how it goes.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Maybe i do not have the twist yet, who knows but the deck still feels a bit clumsy to me. When the deck flows, it is very nice to play but that Strong Energy problem (you sometimes cant attach when you are left without a Fighting Pokemon) and the fact you are more susceptible to hit a bad draw and end up without the requirements (Rainbow energy, where are you). It might be the format (i am playing a lot more in expanded) or just me having bad luck. I will need to address the deck once more and see if i can adjust differently.

The score is positive but not up to my expectations considering the matchups i got. Heck, i just got 15W/1L in expanded with my Ninja Box again but this is not translating the same when i play Marshadow. The fact that prism energy is actually something in expanded changes the odds of Magearna/Comfey being efficient and it solves the fact that you can always attach an energy onto any pokemon (not the case with Strong Energy and this hurts the deck bad sometimes). You do not have the extra damage that Strong energy provides with the Ninja Box in expanded but you aim to hit the weakness or your opponent more often instead. I wish they would reprint Prism energy... keep dreaming. ;)

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
Just had a terrible run. Lost to Gardevoir/Sylveon, some waterbox nonsense, and Greninja + hammers (without the hammers I might have had a chance), but because of the hammers he set up waaaaaaay faster than me, which is ridiculous since it's Greninja. Only won against Volcanion/Ho-Oh because lol Jolteon EX and some absurd Venusaur EX/Venusaur deck (which took way longer than it should have since I only had Tapu koko promo and Clefairy for the first 5ish turns. Thankfully he stupidly used an N which helped me out tremendously).

Not feeling too confident in the deck's performance going into this weekend.

Edit: As for Expanded first change I would make is I would drop Strong Energy for Prism Energy.

Sonnenbrille

Aspiring Trainer

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 142
* 2 Zorua SLG 52
* 2 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 1 Clefairy EVO 63
* 3 Marshadow-GX BUS 156
* 1 Carnivine SLG 6
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 134
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Glaceon-EX FCO 20

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Acerola BUS 142
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 4 N DEX 96
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 2 Brigette BKT 161
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 10

* 1 Lightning Energy 4
* 1 Water Energy 3
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69

Total Cards - 60

Thanks for inviting me to your thread :).

Since I had the matchup against meta/Sol, jirachi attack was so useless. Thanks for giving me the tip to put espeon in this deck.
I also take tauros gx and mew out, because i never use them. Carnivine SLG 6 I think is great in this deck, I like to take an benched pokemon or discard some energys in the earlys.
I also put one Sycamore out for another brigette, I can discard her anyway.

I tested now 4 matches with Carnivine SLG 6 and it is really great:D

Last edited: