News Japan's SM4+ Set: 'GX Battle Boost!'

Adler

Aspiring Trainer
A Psychic Metagross-GX with different weakness and with the same ability and attack cost... Geotech System could have more sense than I thought.

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
Lusamine Hype train is about to murder me...

The Lusamine art is ok? I really don't think it's all that great. It's got nice color choice, Lusamine has a maniacal facial expression, good for blinging out a deck, but really it's just mediocre. C'mon we've seen better full art trainers people, like, Lillie.
And Skyla ;)

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
This is the first time in the history of the TCG that a new card shares the exact same attacks and Abilities as an older card. Once in a while a Pokemon may reuse an attack from an older card, but the new card’s attack will usually have a different cost or damage. In those rare cases, the card’s other attacks will always be different so that the card is still unique and distinguishable from previous cards. Not in this case, though!

I wonder why Pokemon Card Laboratory decided to do this. Could we see “new” versions of other cards as different types in the future?

These cards are... confusing.
The Araquanid, due to the fact that it's the same card, but with a different typing...
I'm not sure why they chose Araquanid for this, as it's ability cemented it as a solid water type (being that it was anti-fire), and it doesn't make much sense for a grass type to have it...

I'm also confused as to why they chose to print two different cards, instead of making it a dual typing.
I wonder if they'll do anymore "re-prints" like this...
Could be cool, but it's something to be cautious of; as it does affect the meta (ex. making a water Golisopod would lower the viability of fire decks).

I find the Lusamine print a bit... weird, because it's another FA of a card, even though we just received it's original FA...
Again, kind of confused on why they chose to print this; especially when you consider:

I'm surprised they didn't make an original Ultra Space Lusamine card with a different effect like how Lysandre also had Trump Card.

I think I'll go with everyone else's reaction, and just say...

"Interesting..."

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
I personally think the concept of an alternate type for a pre-existing card is rather cool. And that's some cool art for both Araquanid and Lusamine!

Pokeprinxe

I HAVE A CUBONE TATTOOED ON MY FACE.
Not as good as VS Seeker, but it'll do for now. (I miss VS Seeker so badly) But the FA does look incredible!

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
I GOT MY BAE AS A CARD AS I WANTED FROM THE START IN HER YOG-SOTHOTH FORM! :O WOOOOOO))))) Think I'll add it in the full page worthy section of my collection.
And the extra full art of her is just class to include it too. Yeah baby, way to start the day.

Last edited:

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Somebody called that new-style-Lillie full art yesterday, nice call! And nice card btw, I love Lillie!

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like all the Lillie waifus crying on the Yog Sothoth Lusamine page got what they whined just as I did for wanting Lusamine way back.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
I've got a playset of the current full art Lillie already....but what's 4 more right?

This is a REALLY good full art. I need it in my pants. You know, pant pockets. Where I have my deck box.