News Full English 'Shining Legends' Set List!

Honestly, this is how sets should be handled. At least for rarities and pull rates. (Though, that 1 in 15 chance for a Shining Pokemon card is very unfortunate...) Not a single non-holo rare to be seen, non-holo Stage 2's are just uncommon while their lower evolutions are both commons, a holo and reverse holo in every pack, and GX pull rates are slightly above average.

If only regular sets were like this. But no. Non-holo rares apparently need to continue to be a thing to pad out pull rates. You'll be lucky if you get one of each holo in a set after two booster boxes now, and you'll only scratch the surface, as far as ultra rares go. Every booster box 'needs' to contain 24 non-holo rares and a combination of 12 holos and ultra rares. (Though, if you're super lucky, you'll get 13 holos/ultra rares. Oh, boy!)

"What's that? The set size and ultra rare count are a lot higher than they've ever been? Don't change anything other than decrease the pull rates for ultra rares!" -TPCi

Geez... Even when I'm happy for a TCG product now, my frustration with TPCi can't resist coming out. =|

Honestly, this is how sets should be handled. At least for rarities and pull rates. (Though, that 1 in 15 chance for a Shining Pokemon card is very unfortunate...) Not a single non-holo rare to be seen, non-holo Stage 2's are just uncommon while their lower evolutions are both commons, a holo and reverse holo in every pack, and GX pull rates are slightly above average.

If only regular sets were like this. But no. Non-holo rares apparently need to continue to be a thing to pad out pull rates. You'll be lucky if you get one of each holo in a set after two booster boxes now, and you'll only scratch the surface, as far as ultra rares go. Every booster box 'needs' to contain 24 non-holo rares and a combination of 12 holos and ultra rares. (Though, if you're super lucky, you'll get 13 holos/ultra rares. Oh, boy!)

"What's that? The set size and ultra rare count are a lot higher than they've ever been? Don't change anything other than decrease the pull rates for ultra rares!" -TPCi

Geez... Even when I'm happy for a TCG product now, my frustration with TPCi can't resist coming out. =|
I like the rarity of Shinings. Shiny Pokemon are supposed to be rare which is why I wish Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Celebi were in the set. It reminds me a lot of the old Shinings and Gold Stars

I like the rarity of Shinings. Shiny Pokemon are supposed to be rare which is why I wish Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Celebi were in the set. It reminds me a lot of the old Shinings and Gold Stars
Well, there are two major differences between then and now (though, more so for the Neo sets). One is that, back then, the Shining Pokemon were the ultra rares of the set. Now we've also GX's, full arts, and rainbow rares as possible pulls for ultra rares in this set. That on top of the set being named after these Shining Pokemon, the pull rate just seems a bit too low. The other difference, though maybe not a huge factor, is that you can only buy these packs in ETB's/other boxes, so you kind of have to spend a good chunk of money for these products instead of being able to buy packs individually or in a booster box. With an average of 1 in 15 packs, you can spend $50 for an ETB and not get a Shining Pokemon, and that's a bit of a bummer. At least it is for me, since they're my main appeal for this set. (They really are similar to the Neo Shining Pokemon, and I love it.) You'll be able to buy the singles and individual packs online as a sort of way around that, though. Again, the pull rate just seems unfortunate to me.

Anyone else really happy to see the reverse holo energies? :)

Besides that, I think buying one Elite Trainer Box should be enough for me. Had hoped the pull rates of the shinings would have been one in 8/9 packs.

Well, there are two major differences between then and now (though, more so for the Neo sets). One is that, back then, the Shining Pokemon were the ultra rares of the set. Now we've also GX's, full arts, and rainbow rares as possible pulls for ultra rares in this set. That on top of the set being named after these Shining Pokemon, the pull rate just seems a bit too low. The other difference, though maybe not a huge factor, is that you can only buy these packs in ETB's/other boxes, so you kind of have to spend a good chunk of money for these products instead of being able to buy packs individually or in a booster box. With an average of 1 in 15 packs, you can spend $50 for an ETB and not get a Shining Pokemon, and that's a bit of a bummer. At least it is for me, since they're my main appeal for this set. (They really are similar to the Neo Shining Pokemon, and I love it.) You'll be able to buy the singles and individual packs online as a sort of way around that, though. Again, the pull rate just seems unfortunate to me.

No, the old shining pokemon had the rarity of secret rares. The old ex-Pokemon were the ultra rares back then. Or do you mean the Gen 2 shinies ? In that case, I don't know.

So maybe that guy selling the Shining Genesect for 30$ lowballed it pretty hard. I want to make the S-Genesect + Venusaur deck but it looks like itll cost a hell of a lot more than I originally thought :/

I'm really glad they didn't manage to fudge some random rainbow rares in here lol

But love this set, like generations and I've said before something nice only being able to get boosters in a premium purchase, almost makes them feel as special as they did when you where a kid and only able to get like 1-2 boosters max! You even sort of pay more attention to each and every card!

Also any confirmation on online codes is there a code per pack or does etb just unlock the 10 boosters online?

I will I got the Elite Trainer box and it's the same as usual; a code per booster pack.

In my pull I got 3 shinning Pokémon, full art Entei, and a reverse holo verizion. So it's not difficult to get legendarios or shinnies.

Best of luck if you get the pack :)!

I love small collector's sets like these. The massive number of secret rares in the Sun & Moon sets have put me off collecting those so I'm mega excited to start on this set!

Thanks for posting the full setlist!

Yeah, same for me. Just to much and so predictable that it's not even fun collecting. This set feels like a breath of fresh air!

No, the old shining pokemon had the rarity of secret rares. The old ex-Pokemon were the ultra rares back then. Or do you mean the Gen 2 shinies ? In that case, I don't know.
Yes, I was mainly talking about the Gen 2 Shining Pokemon. There have been several incarnations of shiny Pokemon in the TCG throughout the years/generations, though. Most are secret rares. But these are a bit different in the sense that they're actually part of the set and not numbered as secret rares.

All I'm saying is that this just seems a bit low, considering they're part of the numbered set with the regular Pokemon (not with the FA's and RR's), the set's named after them, and it would be unfortunate to wiff on getting one after spending $50 on an ETB. Just seems odd and unfortunate to me.

Sorry if this has already been asked but do the shining pokemon have reverse holos as well or is it just the common, uncommon and holo rares.

Sorry if this has already been asked but do the shining pokemon have reverse holos as well or is it just the common, uncommon and holo rares.
Shining Pokemon do not have reverse holos. They are textured like the DEX Secret rares.

that zoroark GX full art collection box is going to be hyped!!! It's the most expensive card in the set (with cell mewto) and made it easy to get with the box!!! prize drop alert! sell those zoroarks you got at the moment, they are worth prob. 4x amount they will be after release fa box!

Back