• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Shadow Hunter (Silvally GX / Necrozma GX / Dawn Wing Necrozma GX / Mimikyu / Lunala Prism Star)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
SHADOW HUNTER
250px-773Silvally.png

Pokémon (14):

• 1 Dawn Wing Necrozma GX (beatdown)
  • 1 Lunala Prism Star (beatdown)
  • 2 Necrozma GX (beatdown)
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX (beatdown)
  • 3 Silvally GX (beatdown)
  • 3 Type: Null (beatdown)
  • 2 Mimikyu (beatdown)
Trainer (32):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Bridgette (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 N (draw)
  • 2 Fighting Memory (beatdown)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 2 Fire Memory (beatdown)
  • 3 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 4 Max Elixir (accelerate)
  • 2 Field Blower (discard)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
Energy (14):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 10 Psychic Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Type: Null and set up with Bridgette. Search for Lunala Prism Star and two attackers Accelerate with Turbo Drive, Max Elixir, and Full Moon Star to stream attackers. The deck is able to ohko with Prismatic Burst and Rebellion GX and can hit three relevant weaknesses in the current format. Mimikyu is an excellent vengeance attacker who can mimic acceleration and ohko attacks alike.

SPOILER:

Dawn Wing Necrozma GX
Basic Psychic Pokémon
HP: 180
Ability: Invasion
Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is on your bench, you may switch this Pokémon with your active Pokémon.
[P][P][P] Flash of Darkness: 120
This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.
[P][P][P] Eclipse Moon GX: 180
This attack can only be used if you have more prize cards remaining than your opponent. Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon during your opponent’s next turn.
Retreat Cost: CC
Weakness: D
Resistence: F

Lunala Prism Star
Basic Psychic
HP: 160
[P] Full Moon Star
For each of your opponent’s Pokémon in play, attach a [P] energy from your discard pile to your Pokémon in any way you like.
[P][P][P][P] Psystorm: 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the amount of energy attached to all Pokémon in play.
Retreat Cost: CC
Weakness: D
Resistence: F

Cynthia
Trainer - Supporter
Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw 6 cards.

Fire Memory
Trainer - Pokémon Tool
The Silvally GX that this card is attached to is now a Fire type.

Last edited:

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
What is psychic memory helping you do? You one-shot garb without it, so it's useless unless you're specifically playing against espeon/garb and specifically hitting espeon.

I would recommend adding Koko and Espeon EX so that you have the option of going for spread damage/devolve against evolution decks.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Xeynid,

Thanks for the review. Psychic Memory allows Wobbuffet to have free retreat since he locks down abilities on non-psychic Pokémon and he is used to clean house after Silvally GX and Necrizma GX.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Hm, this deck seems consistent but I think there is something you could do to make this better.
I personally would add 1 or 2 dimension valley. Yes that would make this deck expanded (I think it is already? Wobb?) not standard, However, it would make this deck hecka better, and hecka faster. Not to mention Silvally's Psychic Memory works hand in hand w/Dimension Valley.

Having Silvally GX's attack for a DCE (AKA single attachment) instead of 3 colorless is extremely good and that means powering up the bench faster and such.

Necrozma benefits a TON from Dimension Valley, Black Ray GX for a single DCE? That is insanely ludicrous, you can get 100 damage on each of your opponents GX's on turn 2. You can Black Ray early, use Prismatic Burst to knock one of your opponent's GX's out (If you Psychic energy attached), and if you don't have this card in your deck already, you can float stone into a Silvally, charge up the Necrozma again, float stone switch, and while you're charging up your Necrozma you also might be taking knockouts!

I personally believe since this is a very Psychic driven deck, so Dimension Valley could help deliver you some insane early KO's with the combo of Black Ray and Silvally's Turbo Drive. Charging up your benched Necrozma and taking prizes in the process? Insane to say the least.

I really hope you consider this fundamental change-AFEX

Last edited:

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Hm, this deck seems consistent but I think there is something you could do to make this better.
I personally would add 1 or 2 dimension valley. Yes that would make this deck expanded (I think it is already? Wobb?) not standard, However, it would make this deck hecka better, and hecka faster. Not to mention Silvally's Psychic Memory works hand in hand w/Dimension Valley.

Having Silvally GX's attack for a DCE (AKA single attachment) instead of 3 colorless is extremely good and that means powering up the bench faster and such.

Necrozma benefits a TON from Dimension Valley, Black Ray GX for a single DCE? That is insanely ludicrous, you can get 100 damage on each of your opponents GX's on turn 2. You can Black Ray early, use Prismatic Burst to knock one of your opponent's GX's out (If you Psychic energy attached), and if you don't have this card in your deck already, you can float stone into a Silvally, charge up the Necrozma again, float stone switch, and while you're charging up your Necrozma you also might be taking knockouts!

I personally believe since this is a very Psychic driven deck, so Dimension Valley could help deliver you some insane early KO's with the combo of Black Ray and Silvally's Turbo Drive. Charging up your benched Necrozma and taking prizes in the process? Insane to say the least.

I really hope you consider this fundamental change-AFEX
This is a standard decklist not expanded wob is standard legal.

Necrozma has a good attack but you won't be able to stream it and it's gx attack won't take prizes like sillvally. I like idea of wobb but I think your better of putting a float stone or aptar of moon on it and using fighting memory on silvally to deal with drampa and the like.

I can't think of any other attacker for a phycic based silvalley deck but silvally can do pretty well by itself and I do believe won and necrozma can clean up after him so nice idea

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi AFEX;

Thanks for the review. The list above is for the standard format. In expanded Dimensional Valley would be a certain inclusion but in expanded I would also run Eeveelutions to assist Silvally GX a little more. To be honest, the idea works a lot better in expanded. Will also look into other partners for Silvally GX for standard.

Hi Aurajackle,

Thanks for the review. Tested the deck a little an on usual it either uses Rebellion or Black Ray. It comes down to the match up. I am still not pleased with the list and will look into alternate partners for Silvally GX in standard. Depending on Celesteela GX Metal could be a viable combo with Silvally GX since it can use Double Colorless Energy and has a diversified weakness. I went with Psychic Memory because of Wobbuffet but I agree that Fighting Memory would be better. The problem was to fit Altar of the Moone into the deck without sacrificing consistency.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi folks,

Tested the deck a little and decided to take out Wobbuffet. I included Rayquaza instead since Turbo Storm allows me to accelerate from the discard and stream attackers.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi folks,

Updated the deck list above with cards from the new expansion released this week. Considered to include one Pal Pad to retrieve supporter cards but was unsure whether it is needed and how to fit it into the current list.

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
Would you consider 1 Ninja Boy to switch into a more suitable attacker (or simply returning an undesired Lele) every now and then? Also, Acerola could work here as a sort-of Max Potion, since you're running mostly big basics.
You could also fit in Mewtwo (EVO) as a one-prize cleaner.

ulheel

Aspiring Trainer
Hey Dark, just ran a similar build to yours as I came across this while looking for a non-metal Silvally build. A few things. One, this is so much fun to play and I’m not even kidding how fun it is to use mimikyu against people and even to use Prism Lunala to really accelerate things. Two, this deck actually has a hilariously hard time against a solo Lele field. For instance your opponent knows you can’t damage with any weakness AND, you’ve already giving yourself 60 damage from your three energy attachment. That paired with the fact that you aren’t one shotting it (maybe with DW Necrozma or regular Necrozma), you set yourself up for some interesting plays. Third, this is missing one small element for switching out memories, Magearna from UPR. This card single handedly makes for some really diverse plays and allows you to run one more memory (psychic or electric for those annoying wall out decks). Just being able to pull back and reset the memory can be a great plus. Anyway all in all I absolutely love this deck. Thanks for sharing it.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi ulheel,

Thanks for the review. Like the deck a lot too and used it often since the release of SM5. Tested Magearna and did not like it that much in either the Psychic or Metal variant. The main reason for this could be that in most matches Silvally GX needs only one of the two different types of memories included in my lists. How did the deck work out for you thus far?

ulheel

Aspiring Trainer
Magearna was by no means an mvp, but it allows me to play out my memories as opposed to discarding them and then can get them back easily. As for the rest of the deck, everything serves a niche purpose and that’s one of my primary loves of this deck. I find that it’s less consistent than metal but I’m still gonna play it because I like this decks overall feel and originality. I’m thankful you put together a nice skeleton and shared with us!!

ulheel

Aspiring Trainer
Hey DE, just wanted to get back with you after some testing. I have been THOROUGHLY pleased with my results so far (10-1, lost to buzz/roc for obv reasons). One change I would encourage here is 2 DW Necrozma and maybe just leave plain old Necrozma out altogether. My reasoning for this is that its ability it meh, it attack isn't loopable turn to turn, and its GX attack doesn't insure you get you continuous knockouts. I point this out because in my games I found that I expend my Silvally's to spam attack and setup a late sweep with DWN as my primary method to a win. Oddly enough I rarely depend on the memories and I absolutely love the look when they see Lunala Prism hit the board and nail a 6 energy attachment turn 2 or 3. I am curious as to how you are using regular Necro because I really can't find a good enough reason to keep it vs adding maybe Skyla to grab you a much needed stretcher/blower/memory. Anyway, just wanted to update you that I am still loving this list and with very few changes I have had a lot of success and it auto-pilots itself beautifully. Also, forgot to mention that I run -1 Sycamore and -1 Blower for 2 Nest balls. This allows me to use Lele for things other than brigette turn 1 AND gets me any card I usually need to setup (only evos are Silvally so...)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi ulheel,

Nice to hear that the modified verion of the deck works fine for you. I still like Necrozma GX in this deck as a cleaner. The main idea here is to set up two of them with Lunala Prism Star at once and get two ohkos with tPrismatic Burst if neither of them is knocked out prior to being able to attack. Necrozma GX works similar to Dusk Mane Necrozma GX in the metal version of this deck. I also like the GX attack when faced with Fire or Water Box decks. I can see the benefit of a second Dawn Wings Necrozma GX in this deck and might consider to remove one Mimikyu for a second one.