Discussion Competitive Tier List

Decidueye definitally belongs on this list, maybe t2 or t3, as its winning lcs and a i think atleast 1 made day 2 at the last regional

How is Darkrai T3? It's much better than that. It may not be th emits popular deck but at least my list can rek most of the T1 decks on your list.

How is Darkrai T3? It's much better than that. It may not be th emits popular deck but at least my list can rek most of the T1 decks on your list.

Look at Top 32 lists from the past couple Regionals. How many Darkrai you see on there? Bremen had zero Darkrai in Top 32 this past weekend. There's a reason for that. I think Darkrai EX/GX are great, but are outclassed at the moment in a tournament setting.

Solgaleo/Rayquaza is viable, but Metagross is just better. I tried a Solgaleo/Rayquaza deck recently and it just didn't run as smooth as Metagross does.

I'd be interested in seeing what list you run because smoothness has never been a problem for me when running Solgaleo. The biggest issues I've had come down mostly to my own poor deck tuning (too little energy too many extraneous one-off supporters.)

Look at Top 32 lists from the past couple Regionals. How many Darkrai you see on there? Bremen had zero Darkrai in Top 32 this past weekend. There's a reason for that. I think Darkrai EX/GX are great, but are outclassed at the moment in a tournament setting.
Thats because none of those are good. None of them play Jirachi, which is huge in a ton of matchups.

Thats because none of those are good. None of them play Jirachi, which is huge in a ton of matchups.
so go play a regional and prove us all wrong as of right now darkrai isn't being played at the top tables of tournaments or even seeing much play at league cups

And all of a sudden this thread no longer became a discussion.

Thanks for contributing.

Your a different person than I.

Btw guess what won the last PB tourney
great job referencing an online tournament that is using a different format than the current standard.

on another note xerneas break should also be considered for the tier list as it had 4 top 32 finishes at Bremen and one top 8

Your a different person than I.

Btw guess what won the last PB tourney

Considering last month's PB tourney was before rotation, it's a moot point now. We're talking about Tier Lists for the Stardard Format NOW.

great job referencing an online tournament that is using a different format than the current standard.

on another note xerneas break should also be considered for the tier list as it had 4 top 32 finishes at Bremen and one top 8

I agree with that. I've been playing Xerneas Break a bit online and once it's set up, it's almost unstoppable. I hit a Gardevoir for 320 damage! I also do think Decidueye/Ninetales deserves a spot somewhere on the Tier List. It has been seeing more play at Regionals recently.

I would say lapras GX/LaprasBox is definitely at least tier 3. I think lapras has a lot of potential. I've been a big fan of lapras for a long time now and I've been trying to do my best with it across the board, and honestly it's match ups aren't the worst. It definitely has an auto loss against goliso/garb no doubt there (though that autoloss does really hurt considering goliso/garb's popularity), but it does stand a chance against pretty much all other meta decks, which I really like about it.

Yeah this is a good tier list here. Xerneas from OP is not good and seems like more of a niche deck.

My current Tier List would be as follows:

Tier 1:
Gardevoir GX
Volcanion and all it's variants
Golisopod/Garbodor
Tapu Bulu GX
Drampa/Espeon/Garbodor

Tier 2:
Alolan Ninetales
Metagross GX

Tier 3:
Greninja Break
Darkrai
Tapu Koko GX

I really want to put Alolan Ninetales in Tier 1, but I feel like it just falls short. It gained the baby Alolan Ninetales, but most decks have a way around it and Gardevoir, Ho-Oh, and Tapu Bulu all have ways to hit 210 damage to OHKO Alolan Ninetales GX.

I think Drampa/Espeon/Garbodor could be put in Tier 1 as well. Tord took the deck to Regionals this past weekend and got 2nd place, showing that it's still a deck to watch out for.

As much as I love Metagross, and run the deck a lot myself, it just has poor match-ups against any Fire deck and decks that run Garbotoxin, so that's why I placed it in Tier 2.

Greninja can still be a threat, but it lost a lot of consistency after rotation and it already had consistency issues to begin with. It's Tier 2 at best, but feel like it fits Tier 3.

Darkrai just gets dominated by Gardevoir. It also doesn't really have any match-ups where it has an auto-win. If Gardevoir quiets down a bit I would move this up to Tier 2.

While I agree that just about every Tier 1 deck has a way to OHKO Alolan Ninetales GX, that's also true for Golisopod GX/Garbodor and just about every Tier 1 deck can OHKO one another, so I don't think the fact that Alolan Ninetales GX gets OHKO'd by tier 1 decks other than Golisopod GX is the main issue here.

What I think Alolan Ninetales GX lacks as a multihit KO deck is the ability to apply consistent pressure with the same speed as Golisopod GX, an issue that I think Zoroark GX will fix fantastically. Golisopod GX/Garbodor is able to apply consistent, 120+ damage pressure with First Impression and locking out abilities which is why it passes as a 2 hit KO deck. It's also very sustainable with Rainbow Energy + Acerola. Alolan Ninetales GX needs to "set up" energy before it can swing for anything big, and it doesn't hit as hard as other set up decks like Bulu & Gardevoir. Its damage cap is 190 while Bulu can hit for 210, Gardevoir can hit for whatever it feels like, Turt/Ho-oh/Volcanion can hit 230+. If you don't have the numbers to take guarateed OHKOs over time, you need the numbers to guarantee 2 hit KOs rapidly which is what Golisopod GX achieves and Alolan Ninetales GX can struggle with.

I think Zoroark GX has the potential to be a Tier 1 attacker as it needs a single DCE to deal consistent damage and Mind Jack is incredibly powerful in a meta where people are liking 2 Brigette in their set up decks. I might be hyping up the card a bit too much but I honestly am incredibly excited for it to become a thing.
I am very excited for the new zoroark card as well and can see it as a tier one deck it standard as well as expanded with the sky field.

Back