News Massive 'Premium Trainer's XY Collection' Releasing in November!

Would have preferred a full art Tierno over N, Shauna and Delinquent. Not for playability just for him being a better character.

From a collector's point of view, with the cards not being textured AND with only 2 booster packs, I think it's a waste of money. I may buy it if it has some resale value.

The cards are most likely going to be textured, judging upon the Mega Powers Collection, and really any other collection with a textured full art.
tcg-gx-premium-collections-169-en.jpg

Do these look textured? I don't think so. Yet they were in real life.

Everybody including WPM said they won't, but idk

Yes most of the promos are not textured. PokeBeach went over this a couple weeks ago and if anyone is thinking bout buying this, it is worthless. The only textured cards are Shaymin and Yveltal EX.

WPM even said it himself: "We don't know for sure."

Not to mention, the only reason "Everyone" is saying they won't be textured is because WPM made a speculation about what the product description meant. Speculation isn't the truth, you know. Just because WPM speculated something doesn't mean it's true. Whoever it is, it doesn't make it automatically true.

Textured or not, I still like how everyone is calling this product worthless. You guys do realize that there's a Full Art N there, right? Even if it's less valuable than the original one, it's still a full art N. It's going to hold value. The rest of the cards are going to hold value. Sleeves and Dice also have a bit of a price tag on them. This product is completely worth it. Maybe not as much if you exclusively do nothing but play Standard, but Expanded is getting bigger and bigger each year. The price of something like Computer Search or Dark Patch are insane right now. Full Art Supporters are holding big value right now too. There's going to be value in this product.

It's especially funny to me how people are complaining about there being "just" two packs.

A booster box typically yields 5-7 UR's a box nowadays IIRC. For around the same price not only are you getting 14 full arts, but 14 playable full arts. There's tons of accessories too, the dice, the sleeves, etc. Those two packs are just icing on top of the cake, really. Maybe it's just that me being someone who mainly buys singles but this two packs thing really doesn't bother me.

People are calling this product "bad" and "horrible" but there's so much worse out there. Just look at pretty much any premium collection, those worthless EX reprint boxes. None of them are worth the price unless you're lucky enough to get them on sale. For once I can say this is a product that's actually worth it, on sale or not. It's not for everyone, but in my viewpoint of someone who plays Expanded, AND someone who's mainly a collector? This is a fantastic package.

It's so expensive.... but I'm gonna get it anyways. The art is just too gorgeous! And almost all of them are staples! Not to mention that it finally brings another way to get Jirachi (a real pain of a card to get). And for an average of $7 a card (not counting any other aspect of the box set into the price)? Definitely worth it, despite the high cost.

I honestly don't mind the price point in this for the cards contained, from both a player and collector view - these are awesome, but wish the pack was slightly better done I think should have been a flap at front that opens up and cards displayed in nice windows underneath! But I'm preparing for this to be an expensive day, between this and the dual edition usum!

Ok so N is in this $100 box, does that mean his price is going to go down?(AHEM the n from noble victories)

I'm thinking it's going to be a PLF/SM Ultra Ball situation. The old N, like PLF UB won't drop by too much and the new N will be worth a bit less than the old. But who knows, really. I'm just basing it off prior events.

I'm a max-rarity whore, so I better get 100 dollars FAST. Uh-someone wanna buy a few pairs of Nikes? I might actually try to sell most of my shoe collection, since I want 2 of the actual boxes, and to buy 2 N's from TCG.

The ful art N is really the only card I REALLY want. Even then, I don't know if I can justify $100 for a bunch of cards I'm not going to use competitively. Hmmm...

Wow, this box artwork is amazing! Might have to save up for this one... (Or just buy it when a discount arrives.)
Also, I find it a little bit odd that there's only two packs? o_O

Looking at that Blacksmith and Team Flare, I'm quite sure these are textured. I couldn't imagine them making these flat but shiny when the textured SR supporters are selling like mad right now.

The cards are most likely going to be textured, judging upon the Mega Powers Collection, and really any other collection with a textured full art.
tcg-gx-premium-collections-169-en.jpg

Do these look textured? I don't think so. Yet they were in real life.

WPM even said it himself: "We don't know for sure."

Not to mention, the only reason "Everyone" is saying they won't be textured is because WPM made a speculation about what the product description meant. Speculation isn't the truth, you know. Just because WPM speculated something doesn't mean it's true. Whoever it is, it doesn't make it automatically true.

Textured or not, I still like how everyone is calling this product worthless. You guys do realize that there's a Full Art N there, right? Even if it's less valuable than the original one, it's still a full art N. It's going to hold value. The rest of the cards are going to hold value. Sleeves and Dice also have a bit of a price tag on them. This product is completely worth it. Maybe not as much if you exclusively do nothing but play Standard, but Expanded is getting bigger and bigger each year. The price of something like Computer Search or Dark Patch are insane right now. Full Art Supporters are holding big value right now too. There's going to be value in this product.

It's especially funny to me how people are complaining about there being "just" two packs.

A booster box typically yields 5-7 UR's a box nowadays IIRC. For around the same price not only are you getting 14 full arts, but 14 playable full arts. There's tons of accessories too, the dice, the sleeves, etc. Those two packs are just icing on top of the cake, really. Maybe it's just that me being someone who mainly buys singles but this two packs thing really doesn't bother me.

People are calling this product "bad" and "horrible" but there's so much worse out there. Just look at pretty much any premium collection, those worthless EX reprint boxes. None of them are worth the price unless you're lucky enough to get them on sale. For once I can say this is a product that's actually worth it, on sale or not. It's not for everyone, but in my viewpoint of someone who plays Expanded, AND someone who's mainly a collector? This is a fantastic package.
Thank you. You see the value in this product while every one else just sees the 100$ price tag and two packs
My best prediction is that this product will contain textured full arts, besides jirachi
No way they will give us 12 non textured full arts and TWo PACKS for a hundred, the value is definitely in the cards promoted in this product with the extras being that EXTRAS...
I for one am getting this strictly as a collector and am giving hope toward tpci in hopes that they make this collection worth it, both in cards but also in conditions
I don't want to drop 100 just for 14 damaged cards and two packs, which I can almost guarantee one will be steamsiege or evolutions
Thanks for the positivity and light on the matter... ; )

I am definitely getting this, the tag is workable and the product itself just gives me so many questions
Like, how will they look irl, how will they be packaged, the "kickstand" box and its look, and the demand for the cards I'm looking at you N! And Shaymin!
I'm going to go to the crimson invasion prerelease for this product as well as the alolan Taichung or salazzle prerelease promos, as well as show off my new expanded deck and see how it fares against the new gx meta
I'm my honest opinion, this product is tpci best product they decided to release in a long time, it gives new players good cards to start if with, ways to carry their new cards and ways to protect them, while giving current players more cards to use in the ever growing expanded format... ; )

Thank you. You see the value in this product while every one else just sees the 100$ price tag and two packs
My best prediction is that this product will contain textured full arts, besides jirachi
No way they will give us 12 non textured full arts and TWo PACKS for a hundred, the value is definitely in the cards promoted in this product with the extras being that EXTRAS...
I for one am getting this strictly as a collector and am giving hope toward tpci in hopes that they make this collection worth it, both in cards but also in conditions
I don't want to drop 100 just for 14 damaged cards and two packs, which I can almost guarantee one will be steamsiege or evolutions
Thanks for the positivity and light on the matter... ; )

The packaging is one thing that concerns me a lot, I'm really hoping they do go the extra mile to ensure they're gonna be quality. The Black and White Kyurem decks did it pretty well iirc, where the cards weren't held in by anything. Here's hoping it's like that. I'd rather not deal with taking out the ultra Rares with surgical precision. Most likely that's what itll come to be sadly, but I'll live. It's still gonna be a blast to get this baby.

Back