Help How to Test Decks?

MaxPotion

Aspiring Trainer
Hello as the tittle says where do i test out my deck my myself and without buying the trading the cards on ptcgo?

Otaku

The wise fool?
Do you mean by yourself?

Proxy the cards for your deck. Proxy (if need be) the cards for various levels of competing decks. Play both decks out, doing your best not to act upon the information you wouldn't normally have. You should note when a lucky guess or good deductive work would result in good plays; just note "I could have won if I played Card X, but I probably wouldn't have." and continue. For opposing decks, I recommend just using something easy to beat at first, just to help you get a basic feel for your deck; sometimes I've abandoned good deck ideas because I had a bad build or even a good build but I just was really bad at using new cards. XP When you're satisfied with the current level of performance, step up to the next caliber of deck.

Maybe start out facing some of the better Theme Decks. Recent examples would be
  • Roaring Heat
  • Steel Sun
  • Hidden Moon
  • Rock Steady
  • Luminous Frost
From there, move onto functional real decks, then bottom tier competitive decks, then keep moving up. If your deck is for Standard Format play and it's doing well against high-level Standard decks, even test against some Expanded Format decks.

If you are looking for a particular program, sorry, don't know. ^^'

MaxPotion

Aspiring Trainer
Do you mean by yourself?

Proxy the cards for your deck. Proxy (if need be) the cards for various levels of competing decks. Play both decks out, doing your best not to act upon the information you wouldn't normally have. You should note when a lucky guess or good deductive work would result in good plays; just note "I could have won if I played Card X, but I probably wouldn't have." and continue. For opposing decks, I recommend just using something easy to beat at first, just to help you get a basic feel for your deck; sometimes I've abandoned good deck ideas because I had a bad build or even a good build but I just was really bad at using new cards. XP When you're satisfied with the current level of performance, step up to the next caliber of deck.

Maybe start out facing some of the better Theme Decks. Recent examples would be
  • Roaring Heat
  • Steel Sun
  • Hidden Moon
  • Rock Steady
  • Luminous Frost
From there, move onto functional real decks, then bottom tier competitive decks, then keep moving up. If your deck is for Standard Format play and it's doing well against high-level Standard decks, even test against some Expanded Format decks.

If you are looking for a particular program, sorry, don't know. ^^'
oh ok
thanks !