News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

TCG_Destory

Darkness player
I wouldn't say that. It makes inflicting status a lot more useful because it shuts down one of the ways they can cure it. I could see this being fun with Alola Dugtrio to increase their retreat cost and Field Blower to shove away any float stones that are hanging around.

Muk GX is going to love this. So will pokemon that inflict Confusion, Poison decks that abuse Seviper, Pokemon like Mega Ampharos and Mega Venusaur that can constantly Paralyze the target, decks that use Porygon-Z or Espeon EX to devolve and kill basic pokemon between turns.. It is a situational card, but far from useless.
Although Alolan Muk probably still prefers Po Town to set up Acerola plays.

TCG_Destory

Darkness player
One quick word about Special Conditions at the moment: Zoroark, Comfey, Float Stone, Switch, Escape Rope, Guzma, Acerola, Pokémon Center Lady and just Retreating all at least counter some of them. Many of them counter them all.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I dunno why, but the artwork kinda reminds me of the Forgotten City from Final Fantasy VII.

Artwork aside, nice concept, can be a good counter for certain deck types.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Think this is meant to be that ultra beast zone? Was bleak in the games - but it really does look like a background from ff7 or something lol

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
I am not going to call this an amazing card -- it's not at ALL going to be meta. Status is still not that easy to integrate into a deck and it's situational, as I already mentioned prior. It just really seems harsh to outright call the card useless. It's not like we're talking about something dumb like Tormenting Spray that relies entirely on luck.

Forgive me for "stretching." I do like coming up with weird strategies and find it a lot of fun. I already see some ways around its problems and will likely experiment with this when Crimson Invasion makes its way to the states.
Agree totally, not sure why some outright call the card useless. Absolutely there are ways around status problems other than evolving. However I do think this card can see some play.

I for one will not evolve my eevee if it is up against another eevee and I have first turn due to getting out of confusion (Espeon-gx) by evolving on my second turn. With this stadium that strategy no longer works....yes there are other ways out of confusion but the stadium does have some playability. And if opponent uses Guzma to get out of it...there goes their supporter use and also 1 of a few Guzma to discard.

Cooper

Aspiring Trainer
Well first of all i kinda like artwork but maybe thats just me... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Abyhiw this card is a good stadium in decks like muk where you dint have to worry as much abiut using an early salazzle sunge they wont heal it of by evolving. Ofc switching is alqays an option but its something and i think it will see some play. Maybe not super competitive but surely not useless
Yeah so do I, it would be better if it said special conditions can't be removed by evolution, devolution, retreating or item cards.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
One quick word about Special Conditions at the moment: Zoroark, Comfey, Float Stone, Switch, Escape Rope, Guzma, Acerola, Pokémon Center Lady and just Retreating all at least counter some of them. Many of them counter them all.

Almost all of those are countered or at least pressured by Garbodor variants since abilities are shut down and using items is risky. Espeon GX, Toxapex GX, and other psychics can play with Garbodor easily while applying status, which really limits what you can do to stop it. It's also worth noting that almost all of the current meta decks need 2 or 3 energy to retreat and rely on float stones or switch to move around.

Omarphylax

Aspiring Trainer
Please stop stretching, a simple float stone, guzma or free retreater can reverse the effects not that you have to because you can just replace the stadium or field blower it before evolve. Stadiums that depend on your opponents action to get value are bad, regardless if their effect is also bad.
So, you are saying that this "useless" stadium would make you force to waste some cards on pokemon you may not need to. Like a float stone on a pokemon that would likely need a band or a dumbell, or having to waste a guzma which would be hard to now that you don't have seekers. Also, if you don't have a guzma or a float stone you'll need to throw away some cards or to waste a lele just to save a pokemon. Not worth, so this "useless" stadium will make some people struggle.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
So, you are saying that this "useless" stadium would make you force to waste some cards on pokemon you may not need to.

I would like to remind you that this stadium only prevents your opponent from removing status effects by evolving pokemon.

This stadium is 100% useless unless you apply a status condition to an unevolved pokemon that your opponent intends to evolve.

How often does that happen?

TotoBoss

Kappa
The new primal groudon is here! 100 + 100 if stadium and then discard it. I like it. You cant power it up with strong energy like you could with groudon but choiceband already makes it a nice 230.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Gyarados-GX's effect might say "You may take up to 6 of your Prize Cards. If you have less than 6 Prize Cards left, you win."

That would make it a p good card. P splashable in the current meta

Arneboy11

A Mega Absol Trainer!
Advanced Member
oh look, another Gyarados :p
Cool card, but still, some variaty in the choice of Pokémon would be nice :) (Butterfree-GX or something? :p )

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Confirmed that there won't be Celesteela, Xurkitree and Pheromosa GX in Crimson Invasion. Don't forget that we will get them in a Ultra Beast Premium Collection Box as the set releases on November

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
That Gyarados is going to be nuts, especially with Lusamine being able to recycle stadiums.