News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

MrMister

Aspiring Trainer
I see your point, but you make it seem like seeing your opponents hand isn't helpful. I think this can be used in combination with N since you don't always want to force your opponent to shuffle if they have a bad hand. Worst case is that it will at least help you anticipate what your opponent may do on their next turn.

You make it seem like this card isn't bad. You'll never need it and even if you think you do you'll almost never have it in your hand at the right time. With high supporter counts and octillery in the new format, your opponent's hand changes every turn anyway, so it's another useless card.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
Goes well with Gumshoos So you can time exactly when you want to use this among other disruption cards. I know everyone hates using Gumshoos, but i've found him very useful in expanded with the original Red Card, Delinquent, team skull grunt, etc. and it's made my plays less of a guessing game.

Not to mention that even WITHOUT Gumshoos, it lets you punish any searches people make a turn in advance. this card is great to stop people using pokemon based searches like Sylveon GX and Alola Vulpix. It lets you shuffle away evolutions that were taken off with your opponent's Devolution Spray or Acerolla. It lets you make Lusamine a wasted card slot. etc, etc. and it does all of this without needing to change your own hand.

BossZombie123

Aspiring Trainer
Time to be hated at my tournament by playing mismagius, octillery since octillery's attack is for one colorless energy. I won't have any friends.

DN-AYYYYYE

Aspiring Trainer
i feel this is a fun, and somewhat playable card, though not made for all decks, i think it could give sylveon a really good chance as you could acquire a red card, delinquent and peeping red card as you have the option to run 4 of each for max disruption; the play being red card, then delinquent, and if they keep a supporter to benefit their hand, peeping red card. though at that point, tormenting spray would be better as its straight up discarding it. but if a player was smart enough to keep a card like a lele to search it, peeping red card would be more beneficial to that scenario,

as it goes for most decks? i don't see it being a popular card for the meta-game as it doesn't do anything to make your own setup and output consistent, it just disrupts your opponent, but in hindsight can also hinder yourself as that slot could be dedicated to another consistency card (rare candy, second Skyla, a beneficial tech, extra draw supporter)

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Interesting... I have heard of a deck tactic getting popular, where a user plays Wicke after the opponent ends their turn with only a few cards left, just as a way to make them draw dead unexpectedly near the start of the game. That said, Wicke could be taken out via Lele-GX, so it's much more consistent.

However, the neat thing about this card is you get to check their hand, and you get the *option* to disrupt the hand! That part is quite neat: If you N an opponent down to one, you can check to see if they really drew dead with this card, and ensure the winning card wasn't drawn.

Again, though: the problem is consistently getting the card out - and you probably only want one or two in a deck...

EGrim

Rising Top Competitor
I think this is a great item card, its in a sense a item N card, a little worse but I think its great disruption, especially for seeing whats in your opponents hand. Like they say, half the battle in Pokemon is knowing.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Could be useful early or late game. Often times first turn leaves some players with 3 cards after using ultra balls, energy, Brigette etc. Generally leaving a draw supporter in hand. Peeping red card allows you to disrupt that supporter with three hopefully energy/Pokemon/tool cards. Similarly late game it can be used in a similar way.

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
Ok I actually really like this one
As long as I can easily stop myself from having special conditions

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
The ugly artwork goes with it because this sounds like a very depressing place to live. Quite a mean card.

TotoBoss

Kappa
Well first of all i kinda like artwork but maybe thats just me... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Abyhiw this card is a good stadium in decks like muk where you dint have to worry as much abiut using an early salazzle sunge they wont heal it of by evolving. Ofc switching is alqays an option but its something and i think it will see some play. Maybe not super competitive but surely not useless

Kyrushi

Squirrel
I wouldn't say that. It makes inflicting status a lot more useful because it shuts down one of the ways they can cure it. I could see this being fun with Alola Dugtrio to increase their retreat cost and Field Blower to shove away any float stones that are hanging around.

Muk GX is going to love this. So will pokemon that inflict Confusion, Poison decks that abuse Seviper, Pokemon like Mega Ampharos and Mega Venusaur that can constantly Paralyze the target, decks that use Porygon-Z or Espeon EX to devolve and kill basic pokemon between turns.. It is a situational card, but far from useless.

MrMister

Aspiring Trainer
I wouldn't say that. It makes inflicting status a lot more useful because it shuts down one of the ways they can cure it. I could see this being fun with Alola Dugtrio to increase their retreat cost and Field Blower to shove away any float stones that are hanging around.

Muk GX is going to love this. So will pokemon that inflict Confusion, Poison decks that abuse Seviper, Pokemon like Mega Ampharos and Mega Venusaur that can constantly Paralyze the target, decks that use Porygon-Z or Espeon EX to devolve and kill basic pokemon between turns.. It is a situational card, but far from useless.

Please stop stretching, a simple float stone, guzma or free retreater can reverse the effects not that you have to because you can just replace the stadium or field blower it before evolve. Stadiums that depend on your opponents action to get value are bad, regardless if their effect is also bad.