News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Oh hey look a bad card.

Half the time you use this card, it may as well just say "Look at your opponent's hand", and the other half of the time, your opponent is still half likely to end up with an above average hand.

Oh hey look a bad card.

Half the time you use this card, it may as well just say "Look at your opponent's hand", and the other half of the time, your opponent is still half likely to end up with an above average hand.

I see your point, but you make it seem like seeing your opponents hand isn't helpful. I think this can be used in combination with N since you don't always want to force your opponent to shuffle if they have a bad hand. Worst case is that it will at least help you anticipate what your opponent may do on their next turn.

Definitely a disruption deck card. I could see it being useful if you're unsure if you want to use N or not, but deck space is just too valuable to competitively run this card.

sure, but if they keep their supporter card after a delinquent and then you use this to shuffle those 1-2 cards away, that could be rather disruptive. I like the idea of it.

Yo combo this after Plea GX (Sylveon GX's GX attack). Prefer to put their Stage 1 and 2 back to their hand and on their following turn they will set down the basic hoping to evolve. Next turn, play Peeping Red Card. Also good with Captivating PokePuff and Team Skull Grunt for disruption decks.

Opponent plays their hand out and passes with one card in hand. On your turn, you play Peeping Red Card and make them shuffle that Sycamore back in and draw one random card, probably putting them in topdeck mode for a while.

Me likey! Sounds like a great card for mill decks.

As much as I want to say 'it's good for disruption builds'. Disruption and control are already packed to the gills with disruptive cards and techs.

At least Red Card can be combined with Delinquent. This is just an item-based Wicke for your opponent and offers you ZERO solid disruption to hold over your opponent outside of very situational scenarios. And even then, you're better off using something that's better suited towards anything else that your deck is trying to accomplish.

And even then, N outshines it.

It's a cute card, but it's actual usefulness and range is VERY limited.

Opponent plays their hand out and passes with one card in hand. On your turn, you play Peeping Red Card and make them shuffle that Sycamore back in and draw one random card, probably putting them in topdeck mode for a while.

Me likey! Sounds like a great card for mill decks.

What if they play their hand down to one card and that last card isn't a supporter? It's not like someone is going to choose to NOT use a bunch of good cards in their hand just because they don't have a supporter.

Then you're wasting a card on nothing.

Even if your opponent has a supporter, there's a chance they'll just topdeck the same supporter.

Once you consider the fact that those situations are going to happen and this card is useless, and those situations are a subset of a situation that's already pretty unlikely...

The chance of being in a situation where this card CAN be good is low, and the chance of it actually being good in those situations is kind of high, but still inconsistent enough that it's not worth the deck space.

3 weeks after it's release date

Close. It's the third Friday of the month of release.

Also, this card is funky. Will it be good? Probably not. Is it cool? Definitely. Will I run it if I pack it in a pre-release? Most likely.

Also, holy cow, @bangiras actually posted for once, not just translated o:

Back