• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Drampa Garb w/ Po Town

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Pokemon (14):

3x Drampa GX
1x Garbodor BKP
3x Garbodor GRI
4x Trubbish BKP
3x Tapu Lele GX

Trainers (34):

4x Sycamore
4x N
2x Guzma
1x Bridgette
4x VS Seeker
1x Super Rod
1x Rescue Stretcher
4x Ultra Ball
2x Field Blower
4x Choice Band
3x Float Stone
4x Po Town

Energy (12):

8x Psychic Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

I've been testing this list lately and it's done pretty well. Ideally, start Drampa with a Trubbish on the Bench, attach to Drampa. Turn 2, play Po Town, evolve Trubbish, and attach a DCE and Choice Band to Drampa. I really want to fit a Necrozma GX in here for the GX attack. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the list.

All suggestions are appreciated :)

The deck looks solid..can't see much change required... That said with the rotation a week away I feel time is better spent focusing on post rotation deck list unless you are going to play in major tourney prior to the rotation
-4 VS Seeker
+1 Guzma
+1 Briggette
+1 Acerola
+1 Necrozma GX

The deck looks solid..can't see much change required... That said with the rotation a week away I feel time is better spent focusing on post rotation deck list unless you are going to play in major tourney prior to the rotation
-4 VS Seeker
+1 Guzma
+1 Briggette
+1 Acerola
+1 Necrozma GX

I would have to disagree with adding another Bridgette. If you happen to have both of them available to use (not prized), you will really only ever use 1 Bridgette. I would consider adding more copies of Acerola as this card will most likely be used more than once. Having 1 copy of it in the deck will make it inconsistent as you'll really only be able to use it once. If you happen to discard it with sycamore because you have no choice, then you're just out of an acerola :(

List looks good to me, although I do agree with Alphahitman4. I'd start thinking about adapting the deck for post-rotation since we're almost a week away. Since you want to run Necrozma, what about teching in one Espeon EX for it's Miraculous Shine attack? Being able to Black Ray GX and then following it up with Miraculous Shine could completely disrupt decks like Metagross and Gardevoir. I use it in my Drampa/Garbodor deck and although I haven't played many games with it yet, it's currently 9-2.

-4 VS Seeker
+1 Guzma
+1 Briggette
+1 Acerola
+1 Necrozma GX
List looks good to me, although I do agree with Alphahitman4. I'd start thinking about adapting the deck for post-rotation since we're almost a week away. Since you want to run Necrozma, what about teching in one Espeon EX for it's Miraculous Shine attack? Being able to Black Ray GX and then following it up with Miraculous Shine could completely disrupt decks like Metagross and Gardevoir. I use it in my Drampa/Garbodor deck and although I haven't played many games with it yet, it's currently 9-2.
Here's the post rotation list:

Pokemon (17):

3x Drampa GX
1x Necrozma GX
1x Espeon EX
4x Tapu Lele GX
1x BKP Garbodor
3x GRI Garbodor
4x BKP Trubbster

Trainers (31):

4x Sycamore
4x N
3x Guzma
1x Brigette (2 is nice but in a deck with only one evolution line I don't see the need)
4x Ultra Ball
2x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Super Rod
4x Choice Band
3x Float Stone
4x Po Town

Energy (12):

8x Psychic Energy

Thanks everyone :)
(Edited, took out Acerola for Espeon EX.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokemon (16):

3x Drampa GX
1x Necrozma GX
4x Tapu Lele GX
1x BKP Garbodor
3x GRI Garbodor
4x BKP Trubbster

Trainers (32):

4x Sycamore
4x N
3x Guzma
1x Acerola
1x Brigette (2 is nice but in a deck with only one evolution line I don't see the need)
4x Ultra Ball
2x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Super Rod
4x Choice Band
3x Float Stone
4x Po Town

Energy (12):

8x Psychic Energy

Espeon EX sounds attractive but I can't find the space. @Ecko9i6 Another Acerola would be awesome but in reality I don't see it being used enough.

Id say drop either a drampa, acerola, or 1 po town for the espeon. Personally i dont think necrozma makes much sense without the espeon.

Id say drop either a drampa, acerola, or 1 po town for the espeon. Personally i dont think necrozma makes much sense without the espeon.

Yeah, I agree. Necrozma GX and Espeon EX make a good combo. Necrozma by itself is still useful though because it can get Stage 2s into KO range, which Drampa finish off. I just personally like the option of being able to devolve my opponent's Pokémon and get multiple KOs in a single while also stopping my opponent from getting those evolution Pokémon back out.

I played a post rotation game, and the Necrozma/Espeon combo won it. My opponent got up two Gardevoir GXes by turn three, but I was able to pull off Black Ray followed directly by Miraculous Shine. Later in the game, Po Town stayed in play and my opponent couldn't find their rare candies so they had to evolve Ralts-Kirlia-Gardevoir, and Po Town put 60 damage on their Gardevoir, allowing me to one shot with Drampa. Afterwords I Guzmaed up a Lele for the last two Prizes. Will be keeping Espeon in :)

I played a post rotation game, and the Necrozma/Espeon combo won it. My opponent got up two Gardevoir GXes by turn three, but I was able to pull off Black Ray followed directly by Miraculous Shine. Later in the game, Po Town stayed in play and my opponent couldn't find their rare candies so they had to evolve Ralts-Kirlia-Gardevoir, and Po Town put 60 damage on their Gardevoir, allowing me to one shot with Drampa. Afterwords I Guzmaed up a Lele for the last two Prizes. Will be keeping Espeon in :)

Po Town and Necrozma GX as a tech keep Drampa Garbodor in tier 1 :).

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but don't most of Drampa Garb lists play 4 Tapu Lele not 3? and you might want to add 1 more Super Rod, in case one got discarded, by Sycmaore, UB, Etc, unless super rod is a worst case scenario card.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but don't most of Drampa Garb lists play 4 Tapu Lele not 3? and you might want to add 1 more Super Rod, in case one got discarded, by Sycmaore, UB, Etc, unless super rod is a worst case scenario card.
He has a Stretcher and a Super Rod, so I there isn't a needful another. And 4 Tapu Lele is just a thing of preference, most of the time you won't even use more than 1-2.

I had four in at first but I cut the fourth Lele for the fourth Choice Band and it's been an improvement. I run a Rescue Stretcher in addition to Super Rod so a second isn't nessescery. After rotation I will run 4 Leles.

I had four in at first but I cut the fourth Lele for the fourth Choice Band and it's been an improvement. I run a Rescue Stretcher in addition to Super Rod so a second isn't nessescery. After rotation I will run 4 Leles.

Even after rotation three Tapu Lele GX will be sufficient. Just run a total of nine to ten draw supporters instead since they do not tkae up bench slots. You have rescue Stretcher and Super Rod to retrieve defeated and discarded Tapu Lele GX when needed.

Ok gotcha, I myself don't have a single Tapu lele So i can't talk much anyway LOL. I have heard it is a thing of preference but, oh well if you don't have four, I get what you mean about the rescue stretcher and rod, i thought a 2nd rod might be useful but, i guess not, just trying to give people the best advice i possibly can :D

After rotation you play 2 Garbotoxin, so no 4 Lele. Unless you're bad... There's 2 ways to play this deck post-rotation: the Rainbow Energy variant and the Po Town variant. Po Town is probably the more consistent way, but takes more deck space. Update your list for post-rotation and I'll critique. I will say that if you play Necrozma, then play Max Elixir, and if you play no Rainbow Energy, play 4 Po Town.

After rotation you play 2 Garbotoxin, so no 4 Lele. Unless you're bad... There's 2 ways to play this deck post-rotation: the Rainbow Energy variant and the Po Town variant. Po Town is probably the more consistent way, but takes more deck space. Update your list for post-rotation and I'll critique. I will say that if you play Necrozma, then play Max Elixir, and if you play no Rainbow Energy, play 4 Po Town.

Pokemon (17):

3x Drampa GX
1x Necrozma GX
1x Espeon EX
4x Tapu Lele GX
1x BKP Garbodor
3x GRI Garbodor
4x BKP Trubbster

Trainers (31):

4x Sycamore
4x N
3x Guzma
4x Ultra Ball
2x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Super Rod
4x Choice Band
3x Float Stone
4x Po Town

Energy (12):

8x Psychic Energy

(Edited, took out Acerola for Espeon EX.)
I don't think Max Elixir is needed, it takes too much deck space and fuels Garb. Also running 2 Garbotoxin would mean cutting to 2 Trashalanche, which is not something I want to do for consistency reasons.

I don't think Max Elixir is needed, it takes too much deck space and fuels Garb. Also running 2 Garbotoxin would mean cutting to 2 Trashalanche, which is not something I want to do for consistency reasons.
Max Elixir isn't needed, but it's nice to have to power up a quick Necrozma, or just make up for a missed energy attachment. 2 Garbotoxin IS needed because of what the post-rotation meta looks like. If you're relying at all on Trashalanche to win games, then you're sorely mistaken. It usually won't even do that much late game just because 2 of the best staples rotate, slowing down the game to the point where people can just choose not to play items for a turn and it won't make a difference to them. BKT-on is going to be a giant chess game, so Garbodor isn't going to win just because the opponent sets up. The new format is going to show who's actually good at the game, and who's posing as a competitive player. I'm watching you Wazowski... ALWAYS WATCHING...

I would also like to add that Garbotoxin makes this deck good post-rotation. Otherwise, you lose to Metagross and Gardy. And don't use "well, I've faced X-amount of Gardy/ Metagross and won Y-amount of games on TCGO". TCGO isn't really a viable testing ground since most players on the latter are bad. Most of the good TCGO players don't really care to play games without rewards either, so you usually won't get the chance to play them.

Back