• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Skeleton Gardevoir GX

osmyth

Aspiring Trainer
This skeleton list is based on the 7 top-8 Worlds decks (across all ages), and for post-rotation.

Obviously, each player has their style of play and the cards they prefer, but wanted to create a skeleton list as a starter.

4 x Ralts
3 x Kirlia
3 x Gardevoir GX
1 x Gallade - BKT-84
2 x Tapu Lele GX
1 x Remoraid
1 x Octillery

4 x Professor Sycamore
4 x N
4 x Ultra Ball
3 x Guzma
1 x Brigette
3 x Rare Candy
2 x Choice Band
1 x Rescue Stretcher
1 x Super Rod
1 x Acerola
2 x Field Blower

4 x Double Colorless Energy
8 x Fairy Energy

7 free spaces

Options include (some of my choices in bold):
+1 Kirlia
+1 Garde
+1 Lele
+1/1 Octillery
Diancie/Alolan Vulpix/Xerneas/Sylveon-GX
Oranguru/Sudowoodo

+1 Guzma
+1 Rare Candy

Retreat - Float Stone/Fairy Garden
+1 Rescue Strecher
+1 Super Rod
+1 Acerola
Max Potion
Fisherman
Mallow
Parallel City
+1/2 Fairy Energy
Specific techs, e.g. Giratina

Anything else you care to consider....

Will be interesting to see what replaces 4 VS Seeker and 1 Hex Maniac from these lists.

Last edited:

osmyth

Aspiring Trainer
Actually, going to propose
-2 Choice Band
+2 Fairy Energy

for the following reasons (based on main use of CB on Garde):
An energy provides the same amount of damage anyway.
An energy damages all, CB only damages EX/GX.
You can use the +2 energy instead of only 1 CB, if required.
The energy will probably stick more (more decks play Field Blower than energy removal?).
The energy is more easily retrieved from the discard (Super Rod, and Fisherman if playing).
The energy could be used as a retreat mechanism on other poke (e.g. Alolan Vulpix/Diancie).

Any thoughts.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing Gardevoir since it became available and have tried multiple variations. Here are some of my thoughts:

Diancie is a must if you want consistency. I've tried both Alolan Vulpix and Sylveon GX and Diancie has been the most consistent option with helping me get out Gardevoir as quick as possible. I actually liked Diego's list and how he played both Diancie and Alolan Vulpix so he could use either one depending on the situation. I definitely think Alolan Vulpix is great, and is a better Turn 1 option if you have to use an energy to retreat your active, but if I have a choice between starting with Diancie or Alolan Vulpix, I'm going with Diancie.

As far as your Gardevoir line, a 4-3-3(1) with one Gallade has worked best for me. I used to run 4 Gardevoir plus one Gallade, but I think 3 is just fine because between Acerola, Rescue Stretcher, and Super Rod, you're able to reuse your Gardevoir. Some lists use 2 Kirlia with 4 Rare Candy but I prefer 3 Kirlia with 3 Rare Candy and that's because I'm playing Diancie. Plus, if you're hit with Espeon EX's Miraculous Shine and it doesn't knock you out, you can evolve back to your Gardevoir no problem without having to worry about having a Rare Candy in your hand.

As far as Trainers go, your Supporters look good. There's nothing I'd change there. I think the biggest discussion piece is whether or not to play Choice Band and how many Float Stones to play. Both the decks that won Japan's Nationals and the deck that won Worlds used only one Choice Band. I think running one isn't a bad idea because it can allow you to get a KO on something so you can attach your energy for the turn elsewhere. I don't think it's necessarily needed, because like you said, running more energy basically provides the same bonus Choice Band does. I think Float Stones are absolutely needed. You need switch options, especially in a format where most decks are going to be running thick Guzma lines. I don't like Fairy Garden because it forces you to attach a Fairy Energy to something you might not want to attach an energy to that turn. That one energy can make all the difference between getting that needed KO or not so for that reason I prefer Float Stone. I actually play four copies of Float Stone. I know some people might think that's too many, but with Field Blower out there I think four is justified.

The optimal energy count that I've played is 4 DCE and 9 Fairy Energy.