News Worlds 2018 in Nashville

This is the closest I will ever get to the World Championship for pokemon. I need to work my keester off and go! I need to get a bloody job.

So excited!!! I am not missing this oportunity.

I am glad it is closer to me than the previous locations. Guess this will be my opportunity to rack up points and get my invite. Better start saving money.

I expect a lot more players up and down the US East Coast will try to qualify for 2018.

In our area in Upstate NY, there are a lot of accessible events - League Challenges, League Cups, as well as access to many of the US Regionals. So much is within driving distance - Toronto, Hartford, Roanoke, Charlotte, even Ft. Wayne, and now Nashville Worlds. Airfare to Orlando, St. Louis, and Athens was fairly inexpensive.

Anaheim was a dream for a lot of folks, simply because of distance. Now with the tournament essentially on the East Coast, there will be a lot of players saying, "Oh, that's close enough we can share gas and hotel costs. Let's go for it!" Players will be able to get there from any point along the seaboard, out to the Mississippi, and beyond. The Challenges and Cups will be better attended. East Coast Regionals will be even bigger. I expect that League owners can even use this to boost weekly attendance.

At least in the US East, Pokémon will be bigger and better than ever. This is a good thing!

One of these days I'd LOVE to be able to get to a Worlds event before I get too old to continue with this (31 as is). Got invited to Nationals once, but due to a holiday at the time I couldn't make it there. Would also help if any of the shops I play at which runs TCG events were actually AFFILIATED with Play! Pokémon. Had I had been in an actual ranking this year, I think I would have gotten far with my Decidueye-GX/Shiinotic/Forest combo (Which I have to change up when I get back to Ireland)

Turn out would be lower...who wants to go to Japan?? Cali is close enough for players for Japan and such to make it

I think it's because TPCI has its headquarters in the US. But yeah, it is a really long way for players form Oceania to travel. At least it's easier for Europeans.
Pretty much, I also remember hearing rumors that TPCi had some issues with hosting Worlds in Vancouver that may have caused them to sway from hosting it internationally (The Gino/Mees fiasco being one of them).

One of these days I'd LOVE to be able to get to a Worlds event before I get too old to continue with this (31 as is). Got invited to Nationals once, but due to a holiday at the time I couldn't make it there. Would also help if any of the shops I play at which runs TCG events were actually AFFILIATED with Play! Pokémon. Had I had been in an actual ranking this year, I think I would have gotten far with my Decidueye-GX/Shiinotic/Forest combo (Which I have to change up when I get back to Ireland)

You're never too old to play.

they need to take a break from california because they have had 6 worlds there

Last edited:
I and my family joined 2017 world chanpionship for the first time and we had a great time and nice experiences even though we didn't have enough time to visit Disney. I hope we could be there in Nashiville in next year also.

Turn out would be lower...who wants to go to Japan?? Cali is close enough for players for Japan and such to make it
Who wants to go to Japan?? More then half the members on here let alone the Pokémon fanbase. You have to be typoing me.

I think it's because TPCI has its headquarters in the US. But yeah, it is a really long way for players form Oceania to travel. At least it's easier for Europeans.
Considering the TPCI has International and not America in its name and the fact that is has got headquarters in London also might open your views about how US decides its own privilege over the rest of the world little bit making them seem somewhat disloyal towards the rest of the world. As for Europeans getting it easy, that couldn't be further from the truth. Europe is generally regarded on maps to be at the center of the world but as the world population for Worlds it can be the same distance more or less for Asian and Oceanic players just on the other side. When it comes to merch quantity and release dates fo merch (not always) Europe seems to always be last in line and s*** on repeatedly to be truthfully honest.
I feel I should apologise that I left this message late to get back hold of for you. Was busy with work including this card wishlist that I have finally got up to date (as of 1st September) to Marshadow. I wish that there was a place on here I could export the file, because I think it would be very helpful if Pokébeach could allow poeple to make card wishlists and document their collections. ¬_¬ I would love for people be able to use my example list should people want to create their own. :)

Back