• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Archie's Greninja/Tapu Fini: ultimate bench snipe deck

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
A thing that confuses me about Greninja from BKP is why no one has seemed to successfully pull a play with this fantastic card using Archie's Ace In The Hole. Yes, yes, everyone loves Frogadier's Water Duplicates, and admittedly it is an excellent way to get set up. But it still doesn't justify playing a Stage 3 that takes several turns to even start doing Giant Water Shuriken.

In this thread, I will be exploring what I think is the ultimate bench sniping Expanded deck through the medium of Tapu Fini-GX and Archie's Greninja and Greninja BREAK.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 2 Exeggcute PLB 102
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 2 Greninja BREAK BKP 41
* 2 Greninja BKP 40
* 3 Tapu Fini-GX BUS 39

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 4 Superior Energy Retrieval PLF 103
* 2 Dive Ball PRC 125
* 3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Guzma BUS 143
* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 3 N FAC 105
* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 2 Switch EVO 88
* 1 Escape Rope BUS 114
* 2 Archie's Ace in the Hole PRC 157
* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
* 1 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102

##Energy - 12

* 12 Water Energy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The strategy here is to use Archie's Ace in the Hole to get Greninja out of the discard pile and onto your bench and evolve it up into Greninja BREAK on the following turn. The deck includes a number of switching cards because the ideal turn would be to pull off two Giant Water Shurikens followed by a Hydro Shot from Tapu Fini. The fact that this deck can snipe 24o damage a turn is why I think it is the ultimate sniping deck.

This deck is tight for space so I would love some input on potential card changes.

Maybe running Silent Lab or Alolan Muk to shut down Giratina, and Field Blower to shut down Garbodor.

Good point, I really liked your idea, but I would like to give these changes to your deck.

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 2 Exeggcute PLB 102
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Greninja Break
* 2 Greninja BKP 40
* 3 Tapu Fini-GX BUS 39
* 2 Keldeo Ex
* 1 Seismitoad Ex
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 3 Trainer Mail
* 2 Acro Bike
* 2 N FAC 105
* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 2 Archie's Ace in the Hole PRC 157
* 1 Computer Search PLS 128
* 4 Battle Compresor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Karen
* 3 Float Stone
* 1 Field Blower
* 1 Colress
* 1 Rotom Dex
* 10 Water Energy 3

Please note that i do not play Expanded usually. But im a fan of this Idea so i will give it a go.

Maybe running Silent Lab or Alolan Muk to shut down Giratina, and Field Blower to shut down Garbodor.
Depends. If you are really tight on Deckspace you don't really need to bother because you just could snipe both Tina (not quite) and Garb with Fini.
What i would add is maybe even a Tapu Koko Promo so you can make some snipes easier. And maybe a 1-1 Starmie line because you'll be throwing Energys out like a mad person. (potentially 4 per turn)

Also i don't see the point of Exeggcute. But again i don't really know about Expanded.

Please note that i do not play Expanded usually. But im a fan of this Idea so i will give it a go.

Depends. If you are really tight on Deckspace you don't really need to bother because you just could snipe both Tina (not quite) and Garb with Fini.
What i would add is maybe even a Tapu Koko Promo so you can make some snipes easier. And maybe a 1-1 Starmie line because you'll be throwing Energys out like a mad person. (potentially 4 per turn)

Also i don't see the point of Exeggcute. But again i don't really know about Expanded.
Superior Energy Retrieval and Ultra Ball both require discarding, but it is bad to discard your resources, so you play Eggs and take advantage of the Propagation ability so you can repeatedly discard it for ever SER and UB.

Lol, is sniping 240 damage a turn not good enough for you? Just kidding, you do make a valid point about the Koko.

I am pretty sure that the Superior Energy Retrieval and Aqua Patch should be enough as far as energy recovery goes, but thanks for you points!

As suggested by @Kingta 4 or at least 3 battle compressor makes Archie that much more effective. Prior to last rotation I played the deck using 4 talonflame and a 2-2-4-4 line for Greninja. I found once battle compressor rotated it was very hard to set up Archie and Greninja in discard.

Back