• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded All Kangaskhan Deck Revised

vyolet127

Aspiring Trainer
This is a revised version of a deck I posted a while back.

Pokémon: 8
2 Mega Kangaskhan EX FLF
2 Kangaskhan EX FLF
Kangaskhan (Call for Family)
Trainers: 34
4 VS Seeker
3 Mega Turbo
4 Trainers' Mail
2 Rescue Stretcher
4 Evosoda
2 Winona
3 Cassius
4 Steven
4 Pokémon Center Lady
4 Skyla
Energy: 18
4 Double Colourless
2 Grass
2 Water
2 Fire
2 Electric
2 Psychic
2 Darkness
2 Fairy

This deck is entirely based off of getting Mega Kangaskhan out and ready to fight. Call for Family is helpful getting the two Kangaskhan EX onto the bench. Evosoda or Winona can evolve it. Skyla is round, and VS Seeker helps repeat uses of Supporters that aren't on hand. Steven helps keep a flow of energy, and Rescue Stretcher is good for late game, getting the Kangaskhan back in circulation. Cassius is the key; whenever a Pokémon, especially a Kangaskhan EX, is close to being KOed, shuffle it back into the deck and get it back easily with the mentioned techniques.
I know Accerola would be a massive improvement, but I don't have enough...
Thanks for reading, and I'd love some feedback!!

First off you have far too many energy in your deck. Keep the DCE and maybe some Metal energy so you can tech in Magearna EX. Also, Steven is not a very good card, so remove that and add in 4 Sycamore. Remove the Evosoda for Ultra Balls as well, you can use them to get energy in the discard for Mega Turbo. In addition, you could probably cut 2 Skyla and a Pokémon Center Lady for 3 N; four Skyla is excessive. Some other options include Victini from Guardians Rising to help you if you flip badly on the Megas attack, and an Octillary line for draw, if you can't afford Shaymin or Tapu Lele. Maybe you could thicken the Mega Kangaskhanline to 3-3. The baby Kangaskans could probably be dropped because you probably want to start with Kangaskhan EX. Finally, you could use Choice Band to increase damage because Kangaskhan doesn't have a Spirit Link.

Personally, I would make it like this:

Pokemon: 13

3 Kangaskhan EX FLF
3 M Kangaskhan EX FLF
2 Victini GUR
1 Magearna EX STS
2 Remoraid BKT
2 Octillary BKT

Trainers: 36

4 Ultra Ball SUM
4 Vs Seeker ROS
3 Trainers Mail ROS
3 Choice Band BUS
2 Mega Turbo ROS
2 Field Blower GUR
2 Rescue Stretcher GUR
1 Special Charge STS
4 Professor Sycamore STS
3 N FA
2 Skyla BPT
2 Pokemon Center Lady GEN
1 Lysandre AOR
1 Guzma BUS
1 Winona ROS
2 Parallel City BKT

Energy: 10
4 DCE GUR
6 Metal Energy BUS

I hope these suggestions were useful!

Last edited:
First off you have far too many energy in your deck. Keep the DCE and maybe some Metal energy so you can tech in Magearna EX. Also, Steven is not a very good card, so remove that and add in 4 Sycamore. Remove the Evosoda for Ultra Balls as well, you can use them to get energy in the discard for Mega Turbo. In addition, you could probably cut 2 Skyla and a Pokémon Center Lady for 3 N; four Skyla is excessive. Some other options include Victini from Guardians Rising to help you if you flip badly on the Megas attack, and an Octillary line for draw, if you can't afford Shaymin or Tapu Lele. Maybe you could thicken the Mega Kangaskhanline to 3-3. The baby Kangaskans could probably be dropped because you probably want to start with Kangaskhan EX. Finally, you could use Choice Band to increase damage because Kangaskhan doesn't have a Spirit Link.

Personally, I would make it like this:

Pokemon: 13

3 Kangaskhan EX FLF
3 M Kangaskhan EX FLF
2 Victini GUR
1 Magearna EX STS
2 Remoraid BKT
2 Octillary BKT

Trainers: 36

4 Ultra Ball SUM
4 Vs Seeker ROS
3 Trainers Mail ROS
3 Choice Band BUS
2 Mega Turbo ROS
2 Field Blower GUR
2 Rescue Stretcher GUR
1 Special Charge STS
4 Professor Sycamore STS
3 N FA
2 Skyla BPT
2 Pokemon Center Lady GEN
1 Lysandre AOR
1 Guzma BUS
1 Winona ROS
2 Parallel City BKT

Energy: 10
4 DCE GUR
6 Metal Energy BUS

I hope these suggestions were useful!
Yes, I see what you are saying, though there are some changes that would actually hurt the play.
The baby Kankaskhan are actually critical. It is much better to start with a Baby Kangaskhan than a Kangaskhan EX because of the Baby's Call for Family. By the third round, all Mega Kangaskhan are already out.
Pus, I like the idea of all Kangaskhan, which is why I don't really want to use any other...
Besides, I'm poor anyways. I do like the idea of Victini, though, and I do have some on hand... And I totally cannot afford to get too many more pricey cards, though I absolutely love the idea of thickening the EXs, since it is common for baby Kangaskhan to need to be retreated because CfF wouldn't yield any benefits...
Would this deck be improved if I ran a 4 - 4 Kangaskhan EX and M Kangaskhan?
Evosoda is critical, given it is a vital mean of getting Mega Kangaskhan because Evolution Cards cannot be gotten with CfF.
Choice band is a good idea. Any other Pokémon Tools that might be a wise add in, given my deck has none?
Draw support and supporters are not necessary because of how 'pick and choose' every search card in this deck is. Plus, I hate draw supporters, besides Cheren, Tierno and Hau, and Bill from Base. Haha, I love those. But I usually am consuming cards quickly, as though I was running draw supporters, except I'm getting exactly what I need every single time.
The only thing I am ever lacking while playing this deck is Energy, which is why I keep my Steven and lots of energy.
And there is no point in having Ultra Balls. There just isn't. Any use is replaced by something else, and I don't need to discard extra energy because Babys bring them down with them.
Anything else? Thanks for your feedback!!

Float stone could be an option because all of the Kangaskhan have at least a two retreat cost.

Why? It's alright to use the same Pokemon as someone else did in their deck. That's what a lot of people do, and them they adapt the deck to suit them.

Back