Finished Mafia XLIII - Battle of the Royal Palace ~ GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, I'm gonna post my role now that Trainer Josh claimed:

*ORIGINAL ROLE*

You are Rosalina and are aligned with the kingdom. You are a princess who dwells on a comet observatory with star-like beings, living peacefully. While your life may be peaceful, and you don’t want to hurt anyone, your abilities are spectacular, and can do much harm. You wish to protect Mario, Peach, and their friends from any threat that could harm them.

[Ability: Galactic Foretelling]: snipped out for time being

Active Ability - Luma Frenzy: You have the lumas loyalty and gratitude, and they are always around you. Every night, you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be swarmed by lumas, and have all of their night actions cut off by the lumas for the night.

Win Condition: Eliminate all players not aligned with the kingdom.

*NEW ROLE - END OF NIGHT 2*

You intended to block Celever last night, but someone stole your own powers right from underneath you. As a result, you've gotten weaker.

ROLE UPDATE:
---
You are Rosalina and are aligned with the kingdom. You are a princess who dwells on a comet observatory with star-like beings, living peacefully. While your life may be peaceful, and you don’t want to hurt anyone, your abilities are spectacular, and can do much harm. You wish to protect Mario, Peach, and their friends from any threat that could harm them.

[Ability: Galactic Foretelling]: snipped out for time being

---

As you can see, my role originally had 2 abilities, the Galactic Foretelling, which I chose to snipe out for the time being (because I feel it will be better for me to do so at this very moment) -- it's the one that gave me 4 people and at least 1 is not aligned with town.

The second one is Luna Frenzy, which is basically a nightly roleblock. However, as you can see, it was stolen Night 2 when I tried to block Celever. I originally did not want to reveal that I had a 2nd role because it would have been better not to for reasons I will disclose at a later time (when I post Galactic Foretelling for same reason above), but now that Trainer Josh role claimed, I feel like it would be much better for town to know that I do have a 2nd ability, and the 2nd one was indeed removed rather than Galactic Foretelling.

Now why am I posting this?

A) Trainer Josh claims "Boo" which doesn't sound like a very "Townie" character at all.
B) He claims to have only 1 Ability, which is incredibly weak, compared to like everyone else in this game.

Here is my hypothesis. Trainer Josh has is not aligned with Town and has some ability that involves stealing other people's abilities. (I assume it would be scum). He used that ability to try to steal my seer ability, but instead got the roleblock, hence why he was the first person to mention that the ability that was "STOLEN" from me was "NOT" the 1 seer ability that I claimed as my only ability at the time. Since he stole the ability, Lorde probably gave him a knock off version, hence why it can only be used "TWICE" in the game, (which makes no sense if it was his only ability cause roleblock that doesn't block nightkill (I asked already) is already not a strong ability, and then having a limit of two makes it even worse). Additionally, unlike everyone else's roles that have been posted by lynches or claims, there is usually a lot of flavor/fluff added to make the game interesting, and yet you can see Trainer Josh's ability has no fluff at all. It is much more likely that the ability was stolen, hence why its just bare bones, no fluff, cause I am 99% confident that everyone's role contains some sort of fluff/unnecessary flavor in their abilities to begin. (It also makes no sense for him to aimlessly edit the fluff out cause that is time consuming and not helpful).

My final thoughts are Trainer Josh is scum, stole my ability, but he stole the wrong one, questioned me about a 2nd ability accidentally leaking some scummy stuff, and then edited his role to only have that 1 ability, which he stole from me > : (

If I'm not dead by tomorrow, I can talk more regarding the other stuff, but just focus on this stealing stuff for now please.

@NinjaPenguin @quakingpunch73 @rainyman123 thoughts?

Also

@Jadethepokemontrainer @mirdo @GM DracLord @Blakers make some more posts so you don't get modkilled.

Active Ability - Petrifying: Twice during the game you may PM me 'Petrifying [Player]' and you may attempt to block that player from performing any actions.
Like tae said, this seems like a fake/stolen ability. There is absolutely no flavor/fluff whatsoever. Every other role I've seen has some more flavor to it instead of just getting right to the point. This claim is giving pretty big scummy point to josh.

god I'm tired...

As you can see, my role originally had 2 abilities, the Galactic Foretelling, which I chose to snipe out for the time being (because I feel it will be better for me to do so at this very moment) -- it's the one that gave me 4 people and at least 1 is not aligned with town.
You've already claimed what the ability is, so why snip it out?

He claims to have only 1 Ability, which is incredibly weak, compared to like everyone else in this game.
ftr, I also only have one ability, but this isn't really relevant to say I guess. just thought I'd point this out.

You've already claimed what the ability is, so why snip it out?

ftr, I also only have one ability, but this isn't really relevant to say I guess. just thought I'd point this out.

Part 1 of what you said I already answered earlier, reason will be explained in due time if I'm not dead by then.

It's fine if someone has 1 ability, but it makes no sense that Josh would have 1 ability only that seems to be a stolen knock off from mine, and coincidentally very weak. Like an understandable role would be like 1 ability, nightly roleblock, which I got that + the seer ability, so it would make no sense that he just has a two use roleblock and nothing else.

Like tae said, this seems like a fake/stolen ability. There is absolutely no flavor/fluff whatsoever. Every other role I've seen has some more flavor to it instead of just getting right to the point. This claim is giving pretty big scummy point to josh.

god I'm tired...

The ability is believable and when compared to mine.. Like mine, the ability is straighforward with no fluff.. However I do find him having a too weak ability as it has limited usage.

Here is my hypothesis. Trainer Josh has is not aligned with Town and has some ability that involves stealing other people's abilities. (I assume it would be scum). He used that ability to try to steal my seer ability, but instead got the roleblock, hence why he was the first person to mention that the ability that was "STOLEN" from me was "NOT" the 1 seer ability that I claimed as my only ability at the time. Since he stole the ability, Lorde probably gave him a knock off version, hence why it can only be used "TWICE" in the game, (which makes no sense if it was his only ability cause roleblock that doesn't block nightkill (I asked already) is already not a strong ability, and then having a limit of two makes it even worse). Additionally, unlike everyone else's roles that have been posted by lynches or claims, there is usually a lot of flavor/fluff added to make the game interesting, and yet you can see Trainer Josh's ability has no fluff at all. It is much more likely that the ability was stolen, hence why its just bare bones, no fluff, cause I am 99% confident that everyone's role contains some sort of fluff/unnecessary flavor in their abilities to begin. (It also makes no sense for him to aimlessly edit the fluff out cause that is time consuming and not helpful).
This was similar to what I was thinking had happened as well, which confirms my suspicions on Josh. My role also has the fluff/flavor in the abilities too.

Day 3: Activity Notice #3

Everyone has completed the post requirement, awesome. Looks like no ones gonna be mod killed today. You have 24 hours left in Day 3. Also, for anyone wondering, the vote count right now is identical to this one from yesterday.

Also, my updates will be 1 hour earlier than in the past, because 9AM EDT is impossible for me at the moment. To balance this, Night 3 will be only 47 hours.

A) Trainer Josh claims "Boo" which doesn't sound like a very "Townie" character at all.
That is correct. But we had some of these "tweener" characters in past games aswell so i wouldn't bet on that beeing the tipping point.

What is suspecious that Boo is a character in the universe known for Stealing Items and roles and all that Jazz (see Mario Kart) and that he has a really similar role to the one you lost TaE.
Could be that he isn't scum. But i don't think that that is pro Town either.
I can also confirm that my Role is pretty fluffy in comparrision to that very bare bones one Josh has.
We pretty much have both Josh and Blakers for Lynching now. Both are likely to not be town. Question is do we Lynch Josh (who might be harmless from now on because his stealing ability probably is a 1 shot) or Blakers first.

Josh is still prob. indie, but this almost confirms him as anti-town (which, although I think Blakers is very likely scum, he's not almost confirmed). He has a role directly weaker than both mine and TAE, and I honestly don't see Lorde putting 2 roleblockers (him and TAE) on the same teams. Today, let's lynch Josh. If he flips scum, start indie hunting (which I don't have the time to do). If he flips indie, lynch Blakers. If he flips town, lynch TAE no matter what, as there surely won't be two roleblockers on the same team.
##UNVOTE: Blakers
##VOTE: Trainer Josh

Josh is still prob. indie, but this almost confirms him as anti-town (which, although I think Blakers is very likely scum, he's not almost confirmed). He has a role directly weaker than both mine and TAE, and I honestly don't see Lorde putting 2 roleblockers (him and TAE) on the same teams. Today, let's lynch Josh. If he flips scum, start indie hunting (which I don't have the time to do). If he flips indie, lynch Blakers. If he flips town, lynch TAE no matter what, as there surely won't be two roleblockers on the same team.
##UNVOTE: Blakers
##VOTE: Trainer Josh

I have to agree with this plan. Since I'm pretty confident Josh role seems imcomplete hence he had remove part of it.
If I cast my vote on Josh right now it would be the 4th one and a fift vote meant majority right. Unless something happen between now and the next 12 hours, I'll put my vote on Josh

For what it's worth, I'm going to ask that you don't lynch me today for reasons I can't disclose at the moment. You could just disregard this message and lynch me, but all I'm saying is I need a little more time.

For what it's worth, I'm going to ask that you don't lynch me today for reasons I can't disclose at the moment. You could just disregard this message and lynch me, but all I'm saying is I need a little more time.
If it's that important, you could tell us, since you're not going to be not lynched without a really good reason said really quickly.

If it's that important, you could tell us, since you're not going to be not lynched without a really good reason said really quickly.
Unfortunately, telling you would simply prevent my plan from actually working. I know I'm giving off the ultimate indie vibes right now, but I just want to point out that I still strongly believe the wedding was somehow related to the indie's win condition.

Unfortunately, telling you would simply prevent my plan from actually working. I know I'm giving off the ultimate indie vibes right now, but I just want to point out that I still strongly believe the wedding was somehow related to the indie's win condition.
At this point, you're going to be lynched unless you give reasons quickly because you have 3, potentially 4 votes on you. Telling us and having a plan not work is better than a mislynch that could be prevented.

You are Boo and are aligned with the kingdom. Now, you’re supposed to be helping Bowser and his koopa army out in destroying the kingdom, but you really could care less about helping him. You’re actually quite angry that King Boo sent you out here and made you help him. You’ll surely be punished upon return, but really, if Bowser is the reason you’re out here you’re going to make him pay.

Passive Ability - Ghostly: Seeing as you’re already dead, you cannot die. You can, however, still be banished seeing as that will not kill you.

Active Ability - Haunting: Your skill in haunting has brought you great success in the past. Each night, you may PM me ‘Haunting [PLAYER]’ and you will haunt this player. While haunting them, you will learn who this player targeted that night.

Seeing as my only option is to give up on my plan, here is my real role PM. My goal was to try and convince the scum a) I had lied about my role in order to create a mood of uncertainty, and b) allow them to think I have a "plan". My hope was this would be enough to be convince them I am a worthy candidate for the night kill (given many others are part of the "useless club" in terms of night actions) , and when they attempted to kill me they would of course fail thanks to my first ability, buying the town another day to lynch anyone suspicious.

If that's true, why did you lie and say that you were a two time roleblocker (when you could have easily claimed tracker)?

His previous response was phrased to good to be a "lie".

Still 99% confident he has an ability that steals other people's abilities which is why he had this:

"Active Ability - Petrifying: Twice during the game you may PM me 'Petrifying [Player]' and you may attempt to block that player from performing any actions."

The phrasing seems to be truthful, so Lorde probably did write this in a role update.

I am still going to follow my gut and lynch the dude cause I do think he stole my ability and it makes no sense for town to have a 'steal an ability' ability and moreso use it on someone who had a seer like ability.

Gonna place my bets that is his safeclaim.

If that's true, why did you lie and say that you were a two time roleblocker (when you could have easily claimed tracker)?
It's far more likely I had lied or faked the role PM somehow if I put a mediocre ability like roleblocker, and claimed it could only be used twice (something that will normally be seen with a power role). Plus, in order to raise even more doubts about it, I of course didn't include any sort of stealing ability which would have lined up with conveniently with TAE losing a roleblocker ability earlier (making it possibly my true role PM). I was betting that the scum wouldn't do any reverse psychology stuff, and accept that everything about that role PM was a lie.

It's far more likely I had lied or faked the role PM somehow if I put a mediocre ability like roleblocker, and claimed it could only be used twice (something that will normally be seen with a power role). Plus, in order to raise even more doubts about it, I of course didn't include any sort of stealing ability which would have lined up with conveniently with TAE losing a roleblocker ability earlier (making it possibly my true role PM). I was betting that the scum wouldn't do any reverse psychology stuff, and accept that everything about that role PM was a lie.
Have you ever heard of Lynch-all-Liars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back