News Worlds 2018 in Nashville

Wow Worlds in a "more centralized location" in the US I like it. Should hopefully bring down travel cost for some people inside the US.

Well, Tennessee's closer to me than any previous Worlds, so that's neat. =D

It was very fun watching the live streams this entire weekend! I'm happy to see Gardevoir GX won not once, but twice! (Though, I suppose that will drive up the prices. I only have one regular art, and I want all of them... RIP, my wallet. :()

Why always in the bloody US? It seems unfair for east Asians and Australians when I was dreaming it to be in Paris at the center of the world... :(

Why always in the bloody US? It seems unfair for east Asians and Australians when I was dreaming it to be in Paris at the center of the world... :(

I think it's because TPCI has its headquarters in the US. But yeah, it is a really long way for players form Oceania to travel. At least it's easier for Europeans.

Well, Tennessee's closer to me than any previous Worlds, so that's neat. =D

It was very fun watching the live streams this entire weekend! I'm happy to see Gardevoir GX won not once, but twice! (Though, I suppose that will drive up the prices. I only have one regular art, and I want all of them... RIP, my wallet. :()

Yeah, Nashville is also a great fun city too. Also, it doesn't hurt that my best friend lives over there as well. I completely bought into the hype went ape crazy on them and bought and trade for a bunch. I now have 3x RR for my deck, and I'm getting ready to trade in some of my RA for some goodies in the next few days.

I was hoping for Houston or Philly, but this is great! Finally it's a more central location. Maybe I'll be able to go this year if I'm lucky! :D

I'm pleased about this. Closest Worlds to me ever, so even if I don't qualify, I might be able to make a trip out of it w/ a spectator pass. Plus, Nashville is a cool city.

The JW Marriott in Nashville is near the convention center. Usually we see a "regular" Marriott, but this would be good. There are a lot of Courtyards/Residence Inns/Springhill Suites/etc. (all by Marriott) in the area.
The Convention Center is near the Country Music Hall of Fame as well (Pokeparents take note).
This could actually be a good one.

Can we get back to Kona in 2019 though?

Doubt I'll ever be able to qualify for one of these but I'm defenitely going to go to spectate. Glad that It's finally not somewhere unbelievably far away from me.

Hey that's only 11.5 hours away! :D

In all seriousness, I'm glad it's closer to more players here in the south than it has been for quite a few years!

Back