PTCGO The Pokémon TCG Online Troubleshoot Guide

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Yes bbninja, i have fully updated game and I did completely uninstall and download
How about any software that is not PTCGO, such as any antiviruses or other security software, or Windows as a whole? An update like that could potentially be blocking PTCGO from connecting with the server and consequently causing the error you have mentioned.

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
I'm having a relatively serious issue with my account. When I log into my account, I'm unable to access the friends list, despite the feature being fully allowed when checking my Pokémon.com settings. I've tried switching between screens and re-logging multiple times, but it's doing nothing. I need some help ASAP because I'm in the PB December Cup and am having issues playing my match because of this. Thank you in advance! ^v^

I should also mention that I've been able to play my previous matches, and that I used to be able to access it perfectly fine.

Last edited:

21times

Aspiring Trainer
Happy Boxing Day fellow Beachbums,

I have been playing way too much on PTCGO, but just wanted to let you know that this cycle's full art at the top of the versus ladder is a Pokemon Center Lady.

Tanure13

Aspiring Trainer
TY for the info bro!
Btw, we can see it before earning 690 points? Its possible?
Maybe in pokemon.com?

Otaku

The wise fool?
Thanks for the heads up, @21times. I was pushing myself to see it but that means I was really starting to hate playing. :p Now I can dial it back (I already have at least one FA for her, nor is she a card I use a lot and thus would desire a FA play set).

Adam Ryder

Aspiring Trainer
Hello. I recently installed the game on my tablet and I can't get past the Eevee card. It says I need to right-click to zoom in. I zoom in but the green arrow stays. What do I do?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Hello. I recently installed the game on my tablet and I can't get past the Eevee card. It says I need to right-click to zoom in. I zoom in but the green arrow stays. What do I do?
Is the program prompting you to click a certain part of the card, once you've zoomed in? Otherwise, it might be best to reset the software, and if the issue persists, you may need to uninstall and reinstall.

Tanure13

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone... I just open the PTCGO and see an advice. This is for everyone? What this is about?

Attachments

• aviso TCGO.jpg
    aviso TCGO.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 8

Otaku

The wise fool?
Hello everyone... I just open the PTCGO and see an advice. This is for everyone? What this is about?

If you go to the official PTCGO forums, you can read a post stating that they have been dealing with some people abusing the VS Rewards system. That is what the message you saw is about. If you're not farming the system, you have little to worry about. ;)

Grape Flavored

Aspiring Trainer
After I completed the tutorial the game isn't letting me get past the continue screen, when I click the button nothing happens. I was wondering do you have any ideas to fix this please?

EDIT Nevermind I just fixed the problem.

Wechselbalg

brb
I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue while trying to log in:

So yesterday evening (I am in Europe) I was in the middle of a match while suddenly the game crashed and as I tried to log in again I saw a notice that they were investigating "intermittent log in issues" so I was unable to log in and thought ok, once that's over I will be able to log in again normally. Except, after almost 20 hours have passed I still can't - I always just get a message saying that it was not possible to connect to the servers and that I should retry in a minute or so. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the client twice.
I just find it ironic that after a log in issue maintenance I am now unable to log in while the client has been functioning normally before ever since I installed it. (About 2 months ago.)

The worst thing is, I can't even report my issue on the official forums, since I also have a log in problem with my PTC account on the website. Every time I click on 'Log in' I get an error message from my browser saying that I am "not authorised" to open this website. (The rest of pokemon.com functions normally.) This sounds like a ban to me, except I never got a notification e-mail about being banned, and I don't see any reason why I should be, since I only created one account and have been using it to simply play the game. (No versus reward exploits, unfair trades, whatevers, etc.)

Has anyone else encountered similar log in issues before? Is there any way to fix this or can I say goodbye to the online client?

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Ugh, I just noticed I got report notification in my message box after playing for a few matches. Does anyone know if this is something I should worry about or is it something I should just leave for now?

And for the record, I rarely if ever use the in-game chat function.

Otaku

The wise fool?
Ugh, I just noticed I got report notification in my message box after playing for a few matches. Does anyone know if this is something I should worry about or is it something I should just leave for now?

And for the record, I rarely if ever use the in-game chat function.

Probably not; I've had it happen to me as well. If you hear more, they think you really did something. Given their Byzantium rules, you might have done something without even realizing it. XP I've also had that happen to me as well, and there wasn't much I could do about it but wait for a temporary "muting" to pass. To be fair, it was my second or third infraction, apparently.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Probably not; I've had it happen to me as well. If you hear more, they think you really did something. Given their Byzantium rules, you might have done something without even realizing it. XP I've also had that happen to me as well, and there wasn't much I could do about it but wait for a temporary "muting" to pass. To be fair, it was my second or third infraction, apparently.
Thank goodness for that. I was a bit worried about it for a bit, but luckily I haven't heard from them since.

And yeah, I probably did something that I didn't notice.

Otaku

The wise fool?
Thank goodness for that. I was a bit worried about it for a bit, but luckily I haven't heard from them since.

And yeah, I probably did something that I didn't notice.

That or someone was just mad at you and reported you; in fact, if you haven't heard anything since, that is the most likely. If you accidentally offend, they'll usually let you know about it (since they don't want you to do it again).

For example, there is another Pokémon TCG website that works with TPCi, is even a source for official rulings, but is not actually an official Pokémon website. I had already been warned because I mentioned and/or linked to some unofficial Pokémon websites, and mistakenly thought the ruling's website in question was official, and so I linked to it. So I was muted for a few days and realized you need to be a little paranoid to "safely" use the PTCGO.

On the other hand, I got a notice I had been flagged in chat, and when I inquired about it, they explained that just meant another user had reported me... even though I hadn't been using chat that day. So odds are, an accident or sore loser. ;)

Mazakoo

Sinnoh Trainer
I have a question if you own a theme deck like you purchased it with coins on TGC online but then later you purchased the physical cards with the code card included, what would happen if I already have that theme deck will I just get it again? Or will I get something else? Please help thank you. :)

Otaku

The wise fool?
I have a question if you own a theme deck like you purchased it with coins on TGC online but then later you purchased the physical cards with the code card included, what would happen if I already have that theme deck will I just get it again? Or will I get something else? Please help thank you. :)

As long as you do not open the second theme deck, since it was from a code card, I think it ends up being a tradeable copy of the deck.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Lately, basically every five minutes the game crashes to the login screen and says "The connection with the server has been lost". It always does this in the middle of games and it's getting pretty frustrating. I'm fairly sure its not my Internet connection since I've been able to play other online games without similar problems. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but it hasn't helped. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Also, I noticed that the promo Tapu Lele has been banned. Does anyone know if this is a permanent ban or a temporary ban?

Thanks in advance :)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
In case it helps, I downloaded the APK to my Kindle Fire so maybe its because it's not a supported device? Really hoping that's not it, since my Kindle is the only device I have. The crashing is so frequent (I log in, go into trade chat, start to type, and before I can even finish my message the game crashes) that it makes the game basically unplayable.