News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

That looks like a new Mewtwo!

Please let the ability be good.

From zooming in on the image it reads as follows:

As long as this Pokemon is your active _____
Opponent's Active Pokemon's Attacks _____
(Before applying weakness and resistance ___

This is just a hunch, but i would say that this Mewtwo has some sort of damage modifier to your opponents attacks. I thought at first pehaps they had to attach an extra energy card or something to attack, but that doesn't fit in with the whole "before applying weakness and resistance" line.

I reckon the opponents attacks are lowered before the weakness and resistance is what the cards trying to get at here. Knowing TPCI it would probobly only be about 20 less damage, maybe 30 if we're lucky. then it would be a Boufalant or non ex Lugia colne.

I love the look of these! However no booster boxes for this set means I'm going to be spending way more on little boxes and collections than I'd like too.

On the story WPM said, "Each box will cost $15.99. Both promo cards are brand new and haven’t been released in Japan yet."
I just want want to point out that the Pikachu has been seen before.

300px-PikachuSMPromo8.jpg

This card, Pikachu 008/SM-P, was on of the first Japanese Sun & Moon promos. It was in the Sun & Moon GX Starter Set, which was exclusive to Toys "R" Us in Japan. It's actually quite the pricey card and I still need it in my pikaCollection. ^_^

Was hoping we would get a shining Mewtwo in the box, maybe even a colourless one, oh well.

Last edited:
so... lets clear up a little confusion (myself and a few members that have been paying attention) on the ETbs...

-at one point it was posted that these were normal 8 packs with the Hooh promo for the normal $40
-then there was a Super Premium ETB with 10 packs and 4 promos for $80 (like the Mew/Mewtwo one)
-now this pic shows the $40 box minus the hooh promo, but you are saying this one is supposed to have 10 packs, for $50?

I noticed something interesting, I thought it was going to come with 8 packs as last reported but when looking at their official shop it had stated it would have 10 packs yet the picture showed 8. Now checking it again they edited the 2 packs in the picture.

Back