News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

But, Close Combat does a lot of damage; even OHKOing at times.

This does 90. Which OHKOs... Primeape.
Honestly, there isn't a lot 90 damage will knock out.

Unless we're sticking with the game reference, and it's a Choice Banded Primeape...!
Nice 120, for an attack that takes 2 turns to set-up, and can be revenge killed by most basic Pokemon...!

I just want a good Primeape card.
It's my favorite fighting type mon, but it's cards are never playable.

I think generally, Fighting type Pokémon aren't "allowed" to have attacks that have really high base damage for now, while Strong Energy is still legal for Standard.
Let's see if it'll change post-rotation, in the 2nd half of this SM era. I remember being a fan of Primape because of the TV show season 1, as well as a fan of the original PRimape from the Jungle expansion... but clearly it's not the golden child of Pokémon. Hope you get a Primeape-GX! What I liked about the EX mechanic in the XY era is that some unpopular Pokémon got to power-up and see gameplay. I think your favorite Primape would do well as a GX. :) Or better yet, come back as a non-GX but with a badass ability or attack next time it gets printed. :)

Dash pouch doesn't sound half bad, though I can't think of many decks that'll utilize besides possibly Gardy and Drampa/Garb, also, please say Chimecho means we get a Chingling in this set (I know the Mantine in STS didn't bring a Mantyke, but I miss the babies, we haven't gotten them since CoL)

That is the first Chimecho since Platinum Supreme Victors which came out in 2009! Glad to finally see it again! And it's adorable! :3

I like Dash Pouch. It makes me wonder if we can save special energy with it.

Going by English TCG wording, wouldn't Silent Bell be worded as "Your opponent can’t play Pokemon with Abilities from their hand during their next turn"?

That chimecho actually looks like might have some early game potential. Could potentially stop a lot of turn 2 and turn 3 evolutions (read Garde, Metagross, Decidueye) from happening.

That chimecho actually looks like might have some early game potential. Could potentially stop a lot of turn 2 and turn 3 evolutions (read Garde, Metagross, Decidueye) from happening.
Actually, I take it back - a turn wasted on this is a turn spent on not attacking with a real attacker.

please say Chimecho means we get a Chingling in this set (I know the Mantine in STS didn't bring a Mantyke, but I miss the babies, we haven't gotten them since CoL)
Sadly, I don't see it happening, since this Chimecho is a Basic. I agree, though - the babies really need the love they haven't gotten in six years.

Dash pouch doesn't sound half bad, though I can't think of many decks that'll utilize besides possibly Gardy and Drampa/Garb, also, please say Chimecho means we get a Chingling in this set (I know the Mantine in STS didn't bring a Mantyke, but I miss the babies, we haven't gotten them since CoL)
the chimecho is a basic so i dont think we are getting a chingling

the chimecho is nice, the dash pouch is real nice, when float rotates, which will be next year. but right now dash pouch isnt good since float is still a thing

Chimecho is going to be very good. Stopping your opponent from playing mons like Gardevoir and Tapu Lele is going to be very powerful.

Oh man. I love both of these cards. Chimecho giving the ability to lock opponents out of playing Shaymins and Tapu Leles is definitely cool.

I love the ability to use dash pouch to pick up Shaymins and Leles for multiple uses! And with Guzma, there are definitely a number of options to switch them in for some awesome plays!

Dash pouch is terrible. I can only think of one use. M Sceptile. You blower away your spirit links and attach energy dash pouch. Every turn you retreat your M Sceptile and promote the other one. Then Jagged Sabber the two energy back and heal the benched one. Unless your opponent 1 shots or gets rid of your tools, they can't make damage stick.

No. Chimecho is already a basic pokémon in here.

Back