• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Ninja Box

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 2 Tauros-GX SUM 144
* 1 Turtonator-GX GRI 18
* 2 Mewtwo-EX BKT 61
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 3 Toxicroak-EX FLF 41
* 2 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor LTR 68
* 2 Kyurem-EX PLB 30
* 3 Seismitoad-EX FFI 106

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 3 Professor Juniper PLF 116
* 3 N FAC 105
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 1 Ghetsis PLF 101
* 3 Virbank City Gym PLS 126
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 2 Muscle Band XY 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Rock Guard PLF 108

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Okay, right off the blocks, please do not sue me for copyright @Laurier_Ex, just trying to improve on a fantastic strategy!

This deck aims to exploit many different strategies and opposing weaknesses. When you look at it first, you'll probably groan and just say: 'Uhh, he's made another damn Toad deck, try something new.' Please bear with me, guys.

Let me explain my Pokémon choices:

- Toxicroak-EX, the quick Special Condition set-up master.
This is probably the Pokémon you want to start with, just because it helps you establish Poison early on in the game. I am not bothering with weird Seviper BUS techs, but I am running 3 copies of Virbank on top of Muscle Band just to increase my damage output. Toxicroak-EX's Triple Poison attack is the perfect way to kick off a game: by infuriating your opponent!

- 2-2 Garbodor, the Special Condition enforcer.
As your deck virtually uses no abilities, beside Shay and Lay, it is great to hinder your opponent's strategies by running a semi-thin Garb line. It also shuts off Virizion-EX's (is that a thing anymore?) Verdant Wind ability, which is especially relevant as that would destroy your Poison-centric strategy.

- Seismitoad-EX, the infamous Item locker.
Kicking off my list of damage outputters in this deck is the notorious Toad. You could say it is my main attacker, and with Garbodor locking off abilities and Quaking Punch locking off your opponent's Items, with heavy Poison output as well, it is worthy of that title.

- Kyurem-EX, the late game hatred-unleasher.
Kyurem-EX's Outrage attack is brilliant for taking clutch two-prize knockouts, potentially wrapping up games. However, it serves a different purpose to Tauros-GX, which I have also chosen to include.

- Tauros-GX, the GX attack of choice.
Mad Bull-GX is simply amazing. I have won so many games by just letting that attack loose. Just 6 damage counters on one of your Pokémon and then you can immediately parachute in something that will do 180 damage for a DCE. I just love having it, as well as Kyurem, here: the idea of a Toad/Tauros engine was basically the beginning of the Ninja Box back when SUM was first released.

- Turtonator-GX, yet another wall!
Shell Trap is just so much fun. I have taken whole double prize knockouts on TCGO from people forgetting about this attack. Sure it can be played around with Pokémon Ranger, but who still uses Pokémon Ranger?

- Mewtwo-EX, yay, more walls!
Whilst the Photon Wave Mewtwo-EX from BKT is generally considered the bad one compared to the hugely powerful one with the Damage Change attack. But considering the damage done to one of your Pokémon has a direct impact on the amount of damage on the other Pokémon to choose to use in a match, the reduced damage can be valuable. You may think that this defeats the object of Kyurem and Tauros, but no one wants the opponent to be taking knockouts: being softened up is valuable to them, not being knocked out.

Benefits of the Ninja Box:

- You get to exploit many different strategies that give you an advantage against the opponent.
- If one of your Pokémon has weakness to your opponent's attacker, don't use it! There are more than enough options in this deck.
- You get to use ability lock without having your strategy damaged by it.
- Mad Bull-GX

Last edited:
Did you trial Ghetsis so once you plan to switch or feel Seismtioad is going to die you can rid their hand of their built up items in case you dont have a seimsitoad on bench? I play one in trevenat break and has come in handy once i switch out to Wob or something.

Did you trial Ghetsis so once you plan to switch or feel Seismtioad is going to die you can rid their hand of their built up items in case you dont have a seimsitoad on bench? I play one in trevenat break and has come in handy once i switch out to Wob or something.
I did consider Ghetsis! Wasn't sure what to replace it with though.

I did consider Ghetsis! Wasn't sure what to replace it with though.
I am not that fond of 2 turtonator, id consider trialing it out by taking out 1 turt. I am curious on your reason for puzzle of time, as quad sylveon player i love it but do you feel it is necessary when you have 4 vs seekers at your disposal?

Puzzles are just generally great in this deck because they allow you to reuse your resources that you chow through more quickly in a disruption toolbox deck.

Puzzles are just generally great in this deck because they allow you to reuse your resources that you chow through more quickly in a disruption toolbox deck.
Oh ok, makes sense then I would try taking out 1 turt and see how Ghetsis does for you.

Hey mate, nice to see you are trying to build around Ninja Boy. This card is so much fun. By the way there is no copyright and i am pleased to hear you liked my Ninja Boy deck for expanded. I guess i tried to improved an idea that other people also came up with (hey professor K). My goal was to make people try to build Ninja Box deck and i am very pleased to see that it did work after all. Ninja Box is not played much but after testing and tweaking around it for almost a year or so, i am confident that this deck can be respected and it can be considered a high tier deck for expanded. I am still trying to get something going for standard but it did not reach my expectations yet. I am hoping that maybe Shining Mew could help make it competitive soon but for now i do not see how i could get the deck to work properly in standard format.

I like your idea and i definitely see where you are going with it. Since i do not have all the cards needed to try your deck for myself i will not be able to give much feedback to you but i will be following your progress. How does your deck fare against the top tier decks right now? With some inputs i guess i could probably help you out improving it.

Hey mate, nice to see you are trying to build around Ninja Boy. This card is so much fun. By the way there is no copyright and i am pleased to hear you liked my Ninja Boy deck for expanded. I guess i tried to improved an idea that other people also came up with (hey professor K). My goal was to make people try to build Ninja Box deck and i am very pleased to see that it did work after all. Ninja Box is not played much but after testing and tweaking around it for almost a year or so, i am confident that this deck can be respected and it can be considered a high tier deck for expanded. I am still trying to get something going for standard but it did not reach my expectations yet. I am hoping that maybe Shining Mew could help make it competitive soon but for now i do not see how i could get the deck to work properly in standard format.

I like your idea and i definitely see where you are going with it. Since i do not have all the cards needed to try your deck for myself i will not be able to give much feedback to you but i will be following your progress. How does your deck fare against the top tier decks right now? With some inputs i guess i could probably help you out improving it.
Well, with all it's locks, I see it faring extremely well against a variety of top decks. The biggest deck in Expanded right now seems to be M Rayquaza-EX, which traditionally burns through items like they are going out of fashion in order to set up. Turn one Toad would ruin them. Also, Mega Ray usually runs 4 Shay, 2 Lay and often up to 3 Hoopa-EX. If I can lock them all with Garbodor on turn two I can see utter devastation against that deck. I also have a LaserBank damage output engine to knock away their Sky Field.

Back