• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Post-Rotation Golisopod GX Build

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Here's a Golisopod GX deck I've been playing online. The deck was originally modeled after Andrew Mahone's Golisopod GX/Lurantis build, but I have since made some significant changes. Andrew ran A 3-2 Fomantis/Lurantis line to increase Golisopod's First Impression attack to get OHKOs. My issue was that Lurantis wasn't always easy to get out and you wanted to get both out which made it even more difficult. Plus, if Lurantis didn't have a Float Stone on it, it was Lysandre/Guzma bait. So I opted to go for a 2-2 Zoroark line. Zoroark doesn't increase Golisopod's attacks, but it provides a number of other benefits. It allows me for easy switching with its Stand In ability and it's a strong one-prize attacker that can disrupt the way my opponent plays when it comes to playing too many Pokémon on the bench. I think the deck has been running smoother since adding in Zoroark. I'd like to add in a third Tapu Koko but I only have 2 at the moment. It's been working fine with 2 though so maybe I don't need a third.

Kukui is the only Supporter I'm unsure about. It allows Golisopod's First Impression to hit 170 with a Choice Band which OHKOs Tapu Lele. It's just one of those Supporters where everything has to line up perfectly to play so it's consistency is questionable.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Oranguru PR-SM SM13
* 2 Zorua BKT 89
* 2 Zoroark BKT 91
* 4 Wimpod BUS 16
* 4 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Switch SUM 132
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 4 N FAC 105
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125

##Energy - 12

* 8 Grass Energy 1
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

No Super Scoop Up? You'd think it would be super busted in this deck since you both switch and deny prizes in the same turn. Also, have you thought about GRI Golie-polie? You already Play Choice Band and DCE, so it's not like it hurts you. It can also OHKO GX Pokemon while only yielding a prize, and it essentially has 160 HP. I haven't had time to playtest Golisopod yet, but I have an idea what my list would look like if I did.

No Super Scoop Up? You'd think it would be super busted in this deck since you both switch and deny prizes in the same turn. Also, have you thought about GRI Golie-polie? You already Play Choice Band and DCE, so it's not like it hurts you. It can also OHKO GX Pokemon while only yielding a prize, and it essentially has 160 HP. I haven't had time to playtest Golisopod yet, but I have an idea what my list would look like if I did.

I'm not a huge fan of most cards that depend on a coin flip. I run 2 Acerola (thought about adding a 3rd) which is a guaranteed Super Scoop Up. The downside is that it's a Supporter, that's true, but I haven't noticed any down sides to not running SSU, and least not yet.

I was initially running three GXs and one GRI Golisopod, but I always found myself opting to evolve to the GX when I had the option between the two. The main strategy of this deck is to consistently deal 120+ damage every turn for only one energy. The non-GX doesn't really fit that strategy, although I do see it's benefits. I'll probably add one in just to try it again.

Why not use Max Potion? You have only one Energy attached so you can heal it and then attach another Energy. Golisopod has 210 HP, so it will be in most cases 2HKO'ed, with a Max Potion it survives a round longer.

Why not use Max Potion? You have only one Energy attached so you can heal it and then attach another Energy. Golisopod has 210 HP, so it will be in most cases 2HKO'ed, with a Max Potion it survives a round longer.

I've considered it. Deck space is tight though and Acerola has been working just fine.

No Wally? I really like Wally in this deck, because the Wimpod has turn 1 free retreat, so another Wimpod + Lele for a Wally and and energy and you hit 120 a turn earlier. It could help get a donk too. It's at least one that I would put in the deck as an option. I think you could put it in place of the fourth Golisopod GX, because I imagine you almost never get all four of them on the field at once.

And I would drop a switch for a Float Stone. It's just one more you can give Zoroark after they Field Blower. It can even go on Golisopod to switch.

No Wally? I really like Wally in this deck, because the Wimpod has turn 1 free retreat, so another Wimpod + Lele for a Wally and and energy and you hit 120 a turn earlier. It could help get a donk too. It's at least one that I would put in the deck as an option. I think you could put it in place of the fourth Golisopod GX, because I imagine you almost never get all four of them on the field at once.

And I would drop a switch for a Float Stone. It's just one more you can give Zoroark after they Field Blower. It can even go on Golisopod to switch.

I guess I just view the whole "Wally first turn and try to get the donk" strategy as a gimmick, and gimmicks are rarely consistent. For that to happen I would have to start with a Wimpod on the bench, the Wally either in my hand or searchable with Tapu Lele, a way for me to retreat my active if it's not Tapu Koko or Wimpod, and an energy. Oh, and my opponent must only have one Pokémon on the field with 120HP or less. That's a lot that needs to line up perfectly to work. Not saying that Wally itself is bad. I could try one out.

I am currently trying to build a deck similar to this.
I'm wondering if its worth trying to use 1-1 lines of vaporeon/flareon. Both essentially giving the deck a huge boost against probably 2 of the most popular decks post-rotation (volcanion and metagross).
I believe you would cut the zoroark line to add these in but im not sure. It does leave you walled against baby ninetales, but you could have GRI golisopod to help with that.

Lastly, if someone could post an updated decklist to include revitalizers (because they feel vital in this deck) that would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently trying to build a deck similar to this.
I'm wondering if its worth trying to use 1-1 lines of vaporeon/flareon. Both essentially giving the deck a huge boost against probably 2 of the most popular decks post-rotation (volcanion and metagross).
I believe you would cut the zoroark line to add these in but im not sure. It does leave you walled against baby ninetales, but you could have GRI golisopod to help with that.

Lastly, if someone could post an updated decklist to include revitalizers (because they feel vital in this deck) that would be greatly appreciated.

Vaporeon and Flareon rotate in September which is why I did not entertain the idea of them. I also do not recommend removing Zoroark from this list. It's a great one-prize attacker that can get KOs and has an amazing ability that works well with Golisopod.

Between Acerola and Rescue Stretcher, I don't think Revitalizer is necessary.

I have updated my deck list from the one I originally posted at the start of this thread. I took out the two Professor Kukui and added a third Tapu Koko and a fourth Choice Band. I also took out a GX for one GRI Golisopod.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Oranguru PR-SM SM13
* 2 Zorua BKT 89
* 2 Zoroark BKT 91
* 4 Wimpod BUS 16
* 1 Golisopod GRI 9
* 3 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 2 Acerola BUS 142
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Switch SUM 132
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 4 N FAC 105
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125

##Energy - 11

* 7 Grass Energy 1
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I like this list a lot. I forgot the eevees were rotating.
What cards do you think you could drop to add in scoop ups?
Although I probably wont run them I want to test.

I like this list a lot. I forgot the eevees were rotating.
What cards do you think you could drop to add in scoop ups?
Although I probably wont run them I want to test.

Hmm, it'd be tough to fit in Super Scoop Up. I'm not a fan of it because you're relying on a coin flip and I build my decks to focus on consistency. If you wanted to try them though I'd start by replacing the two Acerola with them since both cards ultimately have the same effect.

Hmm, it'd be tough to fit in Super Scoop Up. I'm not a fan of it because you're relying on a coin flip and I build my decks to focus on consistency. If you wanted to try them though I'd start by replacing the two Acerola with them since both cards ultimately have the same effect.
Yeah I agree. probably best not to chance it. well I'm excited to try out this deck. I have been away from the TCG since Next Destinies so this will be my first competitive deck in awhile.
Any general tips for a returning player?

Yeah I agree. probably best not to chance it. well I'm excited to try out this deck. I have been away from the TCG since Next Destinies so this will be my first competitive deck in awhile.
Buy Leles before September 1st. You'll thank me later

Yup, pretty much. People are complaining about Lele's price right now, but it's just going to go up once rotation hits. I do recommend getting at least 2 this month! Other than that, most of the other staples you see in decks should be pretty cheap.

Other than that, I feel like you're coming back to the TCG at a good time. There's a lot of variety in the game at the moment. There's at least 8 different decks that I can think of off the top of my head that are viable and I'm sure I'm missing a few. There's even some budget decks that I think have some potential.

I'd maybe watch a bunch of recent deck building videos online. There's tons of channels that release multiple competitive decks builds every week.

Wayy ahead of you :) picked up these for $50 each at local card shop
1hz7oqB.jpg

DZQAq

Back