News New Lycanroc Form In 1.5 Hours?

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Meh. Looks too similar to Midday, while also having features of the Midnight form. Hopefully the Dawn form is more interesting (if it exists, that is).
It's supposed to, it evolves at Sunrise (atleast in the anime). So it borrows many elements from morning and some from night. If Dawn exists I expect it to be the opposite

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
It's supposed to, it evolves at Sunrise (atleast in the anime). So it borrows many elements from morning and some from night. If Dawn exists I expect it to be the opposite
Dusk happens before the night, so that's leaning towards when the sun sets.

Lalo

Aspiring Trainer
It looks like Midday starting to turn into Midnight... So Dawn will be Midnight with Midday characteristics?

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Impressions
Okay! I thought it was a DayLyc, but a DayLyc painted in Orange and having NightLyc's hair called--- DuskLyc. I called it another Lycanroc GX in SM5. What makes me ODDISHappointing is Mr. Sugimori doesn't release the official DuskLyc artwork but it's fine, hehe.
  • Speculations
Stats: High on Atk, Medium in Spe, Medium in Def
Ability: Inner Focus/Sturdy/No Guard (HA)
Shiny: Still Blue
Has Signature move? Yes.
What? I don't know.
Wide Movepool? Yes.

• Hopes
Hopefully it can learn Earthquake.
  • Method
Since a Level 25 Rockruff evolves on either Midday or Midnight based on the game version and the time where it evolves, I think it'll evolve into Dusk Form via Max Happiness or learning something like Rollout.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Evolves with a Dusk stone possibly? And DawnLyc would evolve with a Dawn stone?

...Hey, it fits.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Wow this is so lazy. It's literally just a recolor of Midday. Sounds like they just have a skeleton crew working on this game if this is their idea of a new form.

oryantge

Aspiring Trainer
Yucky. I hate the color scheme. I hope there's a dawn form and that it's sunrise pink or a light blue, because this orange is offensive to the eyes.

Talking about colors makes me sound more dramatic than I am, but I hate that color.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
My problem with it isn't that, it's this:
Wow this is so lazy. It's literally just a recolor of Midday. Sounds like they just have a skeleton crew working on this game if this is their idea of a new form.

ZMonsBRUH

Darkrai
This is amazing news, we are finally getting news for ultra sun and ultra moon, took long enough. To me, it looks like a rock fighting type, the dawn form, if there is one, is probably gonna be rock fairy. There may not be a dawn form either, there could be,"ultra"lycanroc, who can have a combination with necrozma, but atleast we will be able to get more information now that they will hopefully be releasing trailers once every 2 weeks

ZMonsBRUH

Darkrai
  • Impressions
Okay! I thought it was a DayLyc, but a DayLyc painted in Orange and having NightLyc's hair called--- DuskLyc. I called it another Lycanroc GX in SM5. What makes me ODDISHappointing is Mr. Sugimori doesn't release the official DuskLyc artwork but it's fine, hehe.
  • Speculations
Stats: High on Atk, Medium in Spe, Medium in Def
Ability: Inner Focus/Sturdy/No Guard (HA)
Shiny: Still Blue
Has Signature move? Yes.
What? I don't know.
Wide Movepool? Yes.

• Hopes
Hopefully it can learn Earthquake.
  • Method
Since a Level 25 Rockruff evolves on either Midday or Midnight based on the game version and the time where it evolves, I think it'll evolve into Dusk Form via Max Happiness or learning something like Rollout.
I think it will evolve with a dusk stone... and if there is a dawn form, it would probably evolve with a dawn stone...

ZMonsBRUH

Darkrai
when does episode 37 come out in japan, when it does come out, rotom will probably reveal its types, super hype

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
This is very interesting. This will be the first time that we get a non-interchangeable form in the sister game(s). They've never done this probably because it means that that Pokemon or that forme of the Pokemon would be unusable in competitive battles as you couldn't get it in the original games. This may mean that Sun and Moon could get an update to allow these new Pokemon to go to the original games (or they could lock the original games or this new forme out of competitive play, either of which seems a little strange).

This is awesome because it opens the door for a lot of possibilities such as more non-interchangeable formes such as Dawn Lycanroc forme and even more Alolan formes (hopefully it isn't just Gen 1 Pokemon getting that awesome treatment). We could even see completely new Pokemon or evolutions.

But this means that Gamefreak either has to:
1: Lock these new Pokemon and non-interchangeable formes out of competitive play until Gen 8
2: Lock Pokemon Sun and Moon out of competitive play and force players to get Pokemon Ultra Sun and/or Ultra Moon
or 3: Create an update for Pokemon Sun and Moon that allows you to trade the new Pokemon and/or non-interchangeable formes to the original games and allows them to compete in battles that involves the new Pokemon and/or formes.

Option 3 seems to be the most likely but if they only introduce a handful of new Pokemon and/or non-interchangeable formes, they may just choose option 1. If they do introduce quite a few new Pokemon and/or interchangeable formes, it's unlikely that they'll choose option 2, since it could alienate a lot of players, particularly younger players

What this means is that we'll see a handful of new Pokemon and/or non-interchangeable formes that it'll be locked out of competitive play or we'll see a fairly large amount of new Pokemon and/or non-interchangeable formes and an update for Pokemon Sun and Moon that allows them to be used in trades and battles.

Either way, what Gamefreak does is going to be very interesting.

Now on to the Lycanroc Dusk forme...

It's disappointing. It's Lycanroc Midday forme, but with an orange coat and a forward-facing rock on the top of it's head. I like Gamefreak but this is sheer laziness. At this point, they could have saved themselves the trouble by not making it to begin with. You can imagine that the rumored Lycanroc Dawn forme will just be a re-painted Lycanroc Midnight forme with a new rock on it's head facing in a different direction than the others. I doubt that it's typing will be any different from it's other formes but hopefully it has an interesting and usable move set and ability (or it might not even matter if it's locked out of competitive play).

This Lycanroc forme is incredibly disappointing but it's reveal means awesome potential for new Pokemon and/or non-interchangeable formes in Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, something that hasn't been done before in the sister game(s) of any generation in the Pokemon franchise.