• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tapu Koko In 2018 Standard!

MagicFash

Aspiring Trainer
Listen, I have fell in LOVE with the Koko, okay? However, this deck needs support. And Burning Shadows is the PERFECT set for a Koko comeback! Here's the list I've created to get players like me ready to make the Koko work!

4 Tapu Koko GX (The Main Guy)

2 Raikou (My preferred secondary attacker)

2 Tapu Lele GX (No Brainer)

1 Tapu Koko Promo (Spread damage to get cheeky KOs)

4 N (Shuffle draw in 2018 is better than discard draw ##RIPVSSeeker)

3 Professor Sycamore (Same explanation as N)

3 Acerola (Thicker supporter lines are a MUST3 Guzma

3 Guzma (Same explanation as Acerola)

2 Professor Kukui (Bonus damage + Acerola explanation)

4 Ultra Ball (DUH!!)

4 Super Scoop Up (To manipulate Aero Tail and to Scoop Lele for Wonder Tag)

4 Max Elixir (Spread energy fast. Energy Lotto could work too.)

3 Choice Band (Spread Damage. HUZZAH!)

2 Aether Paradise Conservation Area (Reduce opponents damage output.)

2 Field Blower (Stall for time and maybe disruption.)

2 Fighting Fury Belt (Just imagine a 210 HP Pokémon with NO WEAKNESS!?!)

2 Super Rod (Fish back energies. Pun intended. I know, it sucked.)

1 Rescue Stretcher (Shuffle back Pokemon or retrieve a KOed Koko and Aero Trail.)

1 Energy Recycler (Just incase Super Rod fails you.)

9 Electric Energy (Nail Elixirs and never run out of Energies.)

So that's my list! When I begin to play test I'll tell you how it goes, but feel free to tweak it to your liking!

I would prefer to not start with Koko, but this mon lineup is going to start with Koko the majority of the time. Also, maybe i have poor luck with elixirs, but I've never had luck with less than 10 energy and consistently hitting on elixirs. I currently run 11 in a Koko deck and still whiff sometimes. I prefer to rely on other forms of acceleration and let the elixir be bonus energy. I'm currently running 4 baby drampa and 4 elixirs and am usually able to get a loaded Koko in a couple of turns.

Are you planning on BKT Raikou, or shining legends?

This is just a bit of a skeleton list that helps players get a feel for my take on Koko, so do whatever you please. Also the BKT Raikou =)

I would probably play 12 Lightning to maximize Max Elixir output without hurting you consistency. Also, shuffle draw has never been better than discard draw, but it's still there when you have a handful of resources, so keep playing 4 N, but up the Sycamore count to 4 as well. I also wouldn't recommend Raikou, since it sucks up energy that could be going to Koko, especially if it gets killed, most likely by Gallade, Gardevoir, Metagross, Volcanion, etc. I've seen some lists play 1 baby Drampa, since searching for an energy and attaching it to Drampa can work well so you can Aero Trail next turn. I don't think Baby Koko is that good, but if you like the spread, that's preference, so I can't argue.
Acerola and Super Scoop Up don't work if your Koko dies, so up the Aether Paradise count to 4, and drop the 3rd Choice Band for a 3rd Fury Belt at least, since you pretty much always 2HKO everything anyway, but it keeps you alive longer. Playing 2 Super Rod, an Energy Recycler, AND a Rescue Stretcher is a quite a bit overkill, so drop down to a 1-2 combination of those. I think Koko benefits from the rotation a lot, because EVERY deck loses VS Seeker, so that's the 4 spaces needed for Scoop Up right there. It's also a fast-paced deck that does good damage and prize denies just about everything, and on top of all of that, it has no weakness. If your opponent attacks you for 180, if they want the KO, they have to waste one of their Field Blower, which they only play 1-2 of, to kill a single Koko, which you can just have the energy set up for a new one, ready to repeat the grueling process.

Back