• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard 2018 Standard Budget Semi-Competitive Deck Ideas?

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, coming back to Pokemon after 6-7 months, I have 2 Volcanion-EX and 3 Flareon-EX which I had originally bought to build a deck but ended up quitting. If you guys could give me ideas using those cards or even decks without using those cards, I would really appreciate it!
Thanks,
FierySplash

Everyone will hate you, but I think Sylveon GX is a really fun deck. I've been play testing it and it is very effective.

heres some semi competitive budget decks, they are low tier so likely only league decks atm.

passimian/mew
golduck/starmie
promo tapu koko/honchkrow

Imo best competitive decks that don't need Lele (thus making them quite budget-friendly) are:

Volcanion - Volcanion already needs a lot of bench space to reliably execute its strategy, so other than the staple first turn Lele-Brigette, I am not sure how Volcanion could benefit from running more than 1, if any.
Passimian/Mew - Pretty much the same could be said for this one as well, except that it doesn't have the same competitive potential as Volcanion. Still a strong deck though.

I'd also want to say Greninja Break, but I'm not sure how budget it is right now/will be, you'd want to have at least 3 Breaks in that deck, and the deck's popularity seems to have grown (even more) lately which means they might become expensive. (Still not as overkill as the Leles I'd say.) The deck also loses a lot of support after rotation, which might make it a bit clunky, but at the same time it benefits greatly from the new Guzma supporter.

Back