News August's English TCG Set: 'Burning Shadows'

Im am very happy about the cards that we have. Maybe its a good time to make that Mid day lycanroc deck that I wanted to do.

There's more rare cards in a set than common cards these days. Good luck to those collecting.

the full art lycanroc and tapu bulu is a nice surprise, but it's a shame they chose to make charizard full art into yet another promo product

Ah yes, the joys of not even looking at your supporter count, just putting whatever and not getting punished.

Well, if people didn't play pre-Seeker, now it's their time.

Absolutely, which isn't to say Seeker might not return but for now we do know it won't be there for the start of the season. Frankly speaking though I wouldn't mind it if it didn't return. I really think it is an amazing card for sure but game-wide staples is not something I particulary enjoy. Even in the upcomming slower format Rare Candy isn't the staple it once used to be, which is a good thing.

VS Seeker is an amazing card but also not the type of card that is really required when there are tons of amazing Supporters allready. The fact that N alone is still part of the set to me makes VS Seeker not really a skill rewarder or a massive requirement. Though I have to say I guess I like my formats a bit more grindy and well thought out.

Ditching Supporters left and right (even extremely potent ones) isn't a strategy I perse feel that needs to be rewarded.

WOW. The fact Bulu and Lycanroc are being printed in this set makes me LIVID.
I wasted 60 dollars on bulu tins and another 60 on Lycanroc boxes thinking it would be the only way I could ever get them.
That's your own fault.
1) why would you not just buy singles of them online, and
2) since when have meta-relevant tin promo EXes/GXes ever not also been available in a set

Who says Vileplume has to be boring? Such a nice card for the first time since, well, I don't even know. Very nice set in general! Almost forgot about that because of all the Shining legends hype.

That's your own fault.
1) why would you not just buy singles of them online, and
2) since when have meta-relevant tin promo EXes/GXes ever not also been available in a set
It's the fact that they came out before said set. Usually we get tins and boxes for already popular cards to make them easier to get.
I assumed this would be a similar case to, say Mega Sharpedo or Mega mawile, where the only way to get it is the box.
But yes, it is my fault. Especially since I wanted to play them ASAP rather than waiting for prices to go live.

Why on earth would you bench a seviper when you could bench a Crobat line instead?
And literally half the comments on the prerelease promo article mentioned that seviper is the "best one". Sounds like hype to me.
What if you need that little extra damage, but can't get an entire evolution line, like Crobat, or Deciduae into play. And I would have to say that Seviper probably is the best of the prerelease promos :p but considering the fact that none of said promos are very good, there isn't much competition for Seviper regardless :p

A lot of cards are very usable and can be mixed with our current decks to make them ever better and for us to unlock new counters; we'll be able to experience so many new decks and new play styles without such things as VS Seeker or Trainer's Mail, deck building will be more of a challenge and without, as an example, Lysandre will make us either choose Guzma to make sure we have to change too, or make us test our luck with Pokemon Catcher. This set is amazing, I love how some cards look bad on the outside but on the inside could be incredibly playable like how people saw Noivern GX and some saw Alolan Muk GX in that way too, I can't wait to see what people will do with these cards and how the meta will change with the huge cards such as: Darkrai GX, Gardevoir GX and Golisopod GX. Also, making Tapu Bulu GX and Lycanroc GX [Day] available from packs is really helpful, though mostly Bulu, so we don't have to spend as much money just to obtain the card.

Though, the lack of Steel types is quite odd, it doesn't particularly matter considering we had such a great card in Guardians Rising which was Metagross GX. I will say this, like Guardians Rising, the SRs are beautiful! Some of them I can see going for crazy amounts such as Charizard GX, Gardevoir GX and Golisopod GX.

Overall, I love this set, it's a fantastic set and 100% beats Sun and Moon Base Set in my books, but cannot live up to SM2, Guardians Rising. So many playable cards and opportunities are here, don't let them go to waste! :)

Okay, I've come to be certain about this:
VS Seeker and Trainers' Mail will get reprints

If you've noticed, just about every single secret rare item has been reprinted to be in the standard format, except for Rocky Helmet. Weakness Policy is potential evidence for this, as I made this theory months ago, and I think I made a comment for this in some forum, but if any of you have noticed this, I want to hear some thoughts.
So, here's the thing: trainers mail and seeker sped up the meta so much, and it looks like they want to take a slower approach until at least next year. Though I get your theory, they may not release very soon

Back