News 'Pokemon: I Choose You!' Movie 20 Summary!

TrainerRoninSenpai

Aspiring Trainer
Wish it was Ash's adventure in Kanto revisited, but this doesn't sound all that bad to me for real. I'm curious about the ending when Ash 'dies' and the Pikachu speaking part as well.

Halsall24

Aspiring Trainer
So if they do a flash back at the end of all the characters, should we assume sun and moon is Ash's ending ?

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
It's official: Ash is now the Anime equivalent of an American Superhero. Rather than finally create a true ending for his story, the writers instead pander back to the beginnings, with lots of different 'adjustments', shall we say - just like all the different versions of Marvel/DC superheroes. One could say the different generation story arcs already did this, but a true alteration of his past events... That pushes the boundries over the top.

I fear that this movie is proof that Ash's story will never have a true ending, and will be milked and milked to death for all eternity. It's a sad way to abuse a very good character. >.>

Yumeka

Animation fan, Pokemon trainer
The movie doesn't sound bad - at least it's not the typical Pokemon movie plot of some evil person trying to capture/control legendary pokemon and Ash and co. have to save the day. But I still feel like The Pokemon Company could have made this movie without completely changing the anime's continuity like this. For example, it could have been about adventures with Ash, Misty, and Brock that we never saw in previous episodes/movies that could have easily focused on Gold/Silver pokemon, Marshadow, and whatever else they want to promote right now. If you use the premise of "these are stories of Ash's Kanto adventures you never saw," that leaves the movie open to do pretty much anything without any need to change the established characters and events. Old fans would enjoy seeing their favorite nostalgic characters in new adventures, and new fans would enjoy learning about Ash's origins as well as seeing pokemon they're familiar with. Both groups of fans would be appeased, but by totally changing the continuity like this, they're going to alienate a lot of older fans.

I know that with nearly 1,000 total episodes, 20 movies, and numerous specials, the continuity of the Pokemon anime definitely has holes, but they felt like mistakes on the writers' parts while this just screams "we don't care about continuity at all." Again, I'm not saying the movie is bad because of this - heck, I'll probably like it when I get around to watching it. It just bothers me that they had to change it this way when, as I previously mentioned, I feel like they could have worked their current franchise promotion agenda into it without having to toss continuity out the window.

ZMonsBRUH

Darkrai
Wish it was Ash's adventure in Kanto revisited, but this doesn't sound all that bad to me for real. I'm curious about the ending when Ash 'dies' and the Pikachu speaking part as well.
This is an interesting movie, I wonder what it will sound like when Pikachu talks in English, will it be in English or still in japanese, this movie will be a movie where some people will love it, and some people will hate it.

Pollybean

Aspiring Trainer
So if they do a flash back at the end of all the characters, should we assume sun and moon is Ash's ending ?

I hope it is. Honestly, I'm sad and tired of seeing Ash in every single series, and the continuous plotholes just to fit him in the timeline. Just let him be in my childhood :(

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Hmm sounds kind of disappointing to me to be honest, but I guess when it plays on Disney XD I'll see for sure.

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
I feel the need to weigh in again. Ho-oh dropping the feather? Cool. Gary picking Squirtle because Ash was too late to get it? Fantastic, the show could've done with that. Imagine that rivalry? Ash having to see his rival with the Blastoise he didn't get because he was late? What a drive.
But, changing characters, giving a trainer from Johto a Piplup, and COMPLETELY re-writing the canon is just darn ridiculous. I can kinda get adding newer Pokémon, they have Gen 2, 7, an anniversary and a mythical to promote. But how about just keeping everything the same but with minor changes that add to/bulk out a story that's already there?
This was also a GREAT chance to make the "eternal youth from Ho-oh" theory canon which they missed spectacularly. I'm not saying the movie will be terrible as its own thing, but it's the worst thing to happen to the canon since the franchise started.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.

They even forgot Gen 7 Companions

MY REACTION
  1. Okay! I get the story, thanks who spoil it.
  2. ;( because No Decidueye or Primarina. HUHUHUHU!!!
  3. Gen 2 spoiled in the story.
  4. So Marshie is the bad guy, right?

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
Is there any preview for the next movie(Pokemon Movie 2018). Every Pokemon movie always have preview and leave a hint of mythical Pokemon that will be mascot in next movie. Since Marshadow is the last Pokemon of Gen 7. I'm really curious for how next year movie might be. Is there a sign or little hint for next mythical Pokemon. :eek:

TheRealBro..

Why the harsh reactions, of course it will be a bad movie, its a Pokemon movie, but a pretty nostalgic one if I read things correctly so in my book it is already better than most that came before.

Djndfjnd

Aspiring Trainer
This doesn't sound too bad. I hope that it will be better than the XY Series of movies.