News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

PIXELMAGE

Pokemon and Anime Loving Memelord
You see children, there was a time where baby yveltal's energy acceleration wasn't trash...

PIXELMAGE

Pokemon and Anime Loving Memelord
So what's the ruling on Shining Arceus with Ultimate Zone, Beginning Door, and the rest of the Arceus synergies?
Since cards from Platinum Arceus are from 2009 and are legacy, You really would not be allowed to use them anyway... But, I do think you can use them with Arceus in a casual legacy deck.

Tropical Peaches

Aspiring Trainer
remember that quad snorlax deck from plasma? someone make a quad spiritomb deck, maybe in decidueye/vileplume and then lysandre something heavy for game

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
While we're talking about it, do the 2 recent Arceus cards follow the rule written on the Platinum Arceus cards that says you can have as many in your deck as you like?

Also for those asking, people with ties to TPCI have said that VS Seeker will be getting a reprint, and the new artwork is already finalised on it. Disappointing as I would've liked to see a seeker-less meta but I guess they want the card to stay current.

ShinyZard

Aspiring Trainer
Love that Bulbasaur alot and that Venusaur ... it's going to be a beast for grass decks! Looking forward to some more grass pokemon that can hit hard that have more energy requirements.

TaichoBanana

Aspiring Trainer
I hope the japanese booster boxes won't be as limited as best of xy was. I ordered 2 boxes but would definitely like to order 3 more.

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Sad that the Venusaur couldn't have been better, and the set seems to forget about a few types, but oh well.

Raikou is pretty cool, and going with the normal Raichu over the Alolan is great. Down with Alola! Hoopa could end up doing something next format, but it's far too early to play guessing games with that.

A pretty decent in-between set, a bit better than what Generations was, anyways. Will look forward to seeing if there are any more cards to be revealed when the set comes out.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I'm surprised I haven't commented on anything regarding this set yet. Um, in short, I'm liking the set and love the effect of the shining Pokemon. I do, however, wish there were a few more shining legends in a set called Shining Legends. I love that shining Jirachi was included, though. Something about shiny Jirachi has always appealed to me.

Also, fun (possible) fact--or perhaps theory is more fitting--about Incineroar's "God Damn Punch". That might be a reference to a Japanese wrestler named Masahiro Chono. While I don't know if this is his catchphrase in wrestling, whenever he would show up on a show called Gaki no Tsukai, he would shout "GOD DAMN!" http://gakinotsukai.wikia.com/wiki/Masahiro_Chono And one thing to keep in mind about the Japanese using English words is that it often doesn't have to mean anything, so long as it looks or sounds cool, or if it becomes trendy. So I doubt there's much thought put into the attack name outside of "That sounds neat! =D" or "Let's reference Chono!"

Might mention this again once the entire set is revealed since I think it's interesting.

The Cat Hatter

Aspiring Trainer
Finally, a Raichu Full art. I've been waiting years for this card. Coming from someone who doesn't play the game, just collects, I'm very excited about this set.
Yes for sure, I am not much of a player, I'm mainly a collector also. We haven't really been seeing too exciting raichu Ultra rare cards so this has made quite a change to raichu in the TCG.

vulpy210

Aspiring Trainer
The GX attack could be good but not compared to zoroark break's foul play attack. This could be good agaist vespiquen decks, if you are losing the prize pool. You could bee revenge and take a prize card or two. You could also use this for an attack like sky return to reset your health if you are up in prize cards and low on health.

you would actually get 250 damage because prof. k does 20 more damage, but still, that knocks a mega ray down. So a dce for 2 prize, that is awesome
The GX attack could be good but not compared to zoroark break's foul play attack. This could be good agaist vespiquen decks, if you are losing the prize pool. You could bee revenge and take a prize card or two. You could also use this for an attack like sky return to reset your health if you are up in prize cards and low on health.

you would actually get 250 damage because prof. k does 20 more damage, but still, that knocks a mega ray down. So a dce for 2 prize, that is awesome

TrainerRoninSenpai

Aspiring Trainer
I loved the Zoroark from BREAKpoint so this Zoroark-GX has me stoked! Also I think this Mewtwo-GX with the combination of Shining Mew will be a very viable deck. Same goes for Raichu-GX and Raikou.
Breloom, Croconaw/Feraligatr, Liepard, Keldeo, Shining Celebi, Venusaur, Shining Volcanion, and Manaphy all get an honorable mention from me as techs or for just for fun decks.