Discussion Sinnoh Remakes?

SuperHoopa

Aspiring Trainer
Hello fellow Pokemon trainers! This is my very first Pokebeach thread, and I'd like to hear some opinions on if you think there will be Sinnoh remakes, some ideas or things you would like to see in them, if they are released.

Moved from Pokémon Trading Card Game to Pokémon Video Games - Steffenka

Last edited by a moderator:
Sinnoh remakes. Okay, let's talk.

Sinnoh remakes are not coming this gen, and personally, I'm glad they aren't. The Sinnoh games (D/P/Pt) were, in my opinion, the worst Pokemon games. Slow, dull and confusing, I never have taken a liking to them, so I'm pretty glad those remakes aren't coming to this Generation. Gen VII is probably just SM and USUM. That's it.

HOWEVER, there's a lot of reason to believe these games could come to the Nintendo Switch in Gen VIII. Remakes have a trend of having 1 remake game per new console. FRLG was on the GBA, HGSS was on the DS, and ORAS was on the 3DS. If this pattern continues DP remakes will be released during Gen VIII on the Switch. There's also more to it. Ever since HGSS, it's been one remake every two generations. HGSS was in Gen IV, and ORAS was in Gen VI. Not quite enough to call it a trend, but it makes sense.

Now, since Sinnoh remakes will eventually hit the market, here's some things I think they could do to make the games better.

- Speed up the game just a tad. Walking speeds, text speeds, all of it was slow as ever in these games.
- Don't add some cheesy gimmick to Dialga and Palkia and Giratina just to sell the game. Primal forms were a glorified version of Mega Evolution, and don't even get me started on Mega Raquayquay.
- Change some of the leader's parties. Volkner with an Octillery and Ambipom was stupid. Flint with a Steelix, Lopunny, and Drifblim was even worse. Shows how empty the Pokedex was, which leads to...
- Expand the dex. Pt kinda fixed this, but something needs to be included in these games so stupid things like the above don't happen. Make Sinnoh Forms, add a few older Pokemon to the dex, maybe even a couple newer ones? Idk, something needs to change here.
- Can the story please be less... vague? Cyrus wants to end the world... why? Cynthia is f***ing everywhere why?
- Barry is the worst rival ever. Please make his team more challenging, as well as more exotic. And also change his personality and tweak his role a bit so he's not a liability/nuisance anymore.
- Expand on the undergrounds. One of the few things from this game I enjoyed, this was a really fun pastime when you're bored with the game. Make it possible to find more items from here, and I'm sure global connections would work WONDERS here.

Sounds good! I remember a few years ago, I wrote an entire script for DP remakes...
It wasn't exactly the best, but here's what I can remember... (Also, the remakes were called Dangerous Diamond and Perilous Pearl, which is honestly kind of cringe)
There was some new legendary that was unleashed by the main villain, and it basically destroyed the entire Sinnoh Region, so the Lake Guardians moved all the trainers living on Sinnoh to an uninhabited island called the Onar Region. They then erased the memories of all the trainers who they moved to Onar Region so they thought that they had lived there their whole lives. The player eventually made their way to an old hermit's house, who had been the only person living on the Onar Region. He promised the player he would take the player to the Lake Guardians to retrieve his memory if the player could beat him in a Pokemon battle. After the player regains his/her memory, they have to find the base of Team Shadow (The evil organisation living on the island), and find their leader and beat the new legendary. You could travel back to Sinnoh postgame after its been rebuilt for more storyline. You could also catch the legendaries that lived on Sinnoh priorly similarly to the way in OR/AS.
There are a lot of loose ends to plot, but I was only 10 when I wrote it... :p

Oh, Sinnoh remakes? Sure, let me find my walls of text I've posted before about it :D

I'll try to sum up some points I've made about this subejct in the past:

The original remakes (FRLG) are now the most outdated games (and some of the main reasons for those games being made are now not valid anymore for making other remakes), so it's starting to beg the question about this whole approach continuing like clockwork when it's obviously in need of some change.

I love Sinnoh! Which is one of the biggest reasons I don't really want a DP-remake. Because if they make one "now", it would probably be the same copy/paste-kind of remake we've seen before, rather than actually expanding and building on the originals with more creative freedom (I don't want the same NPC standing in the same corner, and have gym rosters copied from DP, while the game pretends Pt never existed and then merely makes up for it with a "Platinum episode" and a sign that says "lol Battle Frontier soon, surely". (Also, don't hand us a free Lv30 Heatran with a Mega stone halfway through the story...ok I'll stop. I did enjoy ORAS a lot, in case anyone is wondering. Doesn't mean I can't see flaws.))

So optimally, I would want them to wait with a return to Sinnoh until such time that the actual DPt-games will return themselves via e-shops, because in that case, gamefreak will be pretty much forced to do something new with a new Sinnoh game. Whether that'd be a sequel, or sort of a more bold re-imagining of the games with tons of changes...just anything but formulaic remakes, like the ones we've known so far. (I think the more logical path to that stage is probably if they re-define the "remake" concept with a more radical return to Kanto first (a combined RBYGSC-sequel that includes Johto as postgame, so they cover both for a good while?)).

Gen7 is shaping up to be free of purely nostalgia-milking entries (just SM and USUM?)...but that said, I do see some curious connections behind SM and DPt.
-The mascots of SM turn out to be capable of opening portals to strange dimensions
-The Ultrabeasts and the whole Ultra dimension idea, although separate from Giratinas Distortion world is very reminiscent of it (I mean, Ultra beasts are essentially the answer to the question we've been asking when Platinum was new: if there was wild Pokémon in strange dimensions, what would they be like?)
-as well as the designs of the Ultrabeasts themselves. They all look like recognizable real-world features reassembled in a weird way to make these creatures... just like the Distortion world seems to be made out of real-world elements, but put together in an unfamiliar and illogical fashion.
-and there is of course the obvious Type:Null/Silvallys blatant Arceus references.

And I feel like SM taking this route now actually opened some interesting potential for Sinnoh-sequels. We could get to explore not just the Distortion world more thoroughly, but other strange dimensions as well. And encounter a bunch of completely new Ultrabeasts while at it? We could find out what hapened to Cyrus...perhaps something similar to Lusamines fate? And with the advent of Alola-forms, we can fresh Sinnoh up a bit by giving some blander Pokémon "Sinnoh forms" (Ice/Flying Noctowls at night to make the region actually feel a bit cooler anyone?).

Back