• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Dumpster Divers (Alolan Muk GX and friends) (BKP-BUS)

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Pokemon: 18
3x Alolan Grimer BUS
3x Alolan Muk GX BUS
1x Alolan Muk SUM
2x Salandit GRI
2x Salazzle GRI
2x Pikachu GEN
2x Raichu BUS
2x Tapu Lele GX GRI
1x Drampa GX GRI

Trainers: 30
2x N
3x Sycamore
1x Wicke
1x Hala
2x Guzma
2x Acerola
1x Brigette
2x Field Blower
3x Ultra Ball
2x Nest Ball
3x Deevolution Spray
3x Choice Band
2x Po town
2x Altar of the moone

Energy: 12
8 Darkness
4 DCE

Last edited:
I'd probably cut down the Muk lines a bit. 22 Pokemon is a bit much. I think 4- Grimer 3- A Muk GX and 1- A Muk should be enough. I really don't think Wicke is worth playing. Consider Hala (apparently you have Hala it's just not with the other Supporter lol, in which case... Brigette?) instead since your GX attack is a freebie and could easily be used for an early game stall. Dumb Bells is a no-no. The high HP is enticing but any passive Tool or Stadium these days isn't going to be worth it due to the prevalence of Field Blower. Besides Choice Band makes you math easier for OHKOs. You're also not running any Pokeball cards. I gues you're trying to format this for a possible post-rotation, so not Heavy Ball, but Ultra/ Nest is a good split for this deck, possibly even a Timer Ball for good measure.

Since you're using Po Town anyway consider Drampa GX as a secondary attacker to bring out when you can't get Salazzle or Raichu into play.

Shoot I thought I put in Ultra Ball, also Brigette is going to rotate IMO (which is why the title say BKP-BUS) and I mainly use Po Town so I can Acerola up Raichu and Salazzle

Holy shoot. This deck list... is a mess.

Pokemon:
I would prob go for a 3 Grimer, 2 Alolan Muk GX and 1 Regular Muk. 4-4 is a really thicc line.
Why that many Salandit and Salazle? 1-1 should be plenty. 2-1 if you want to make sure you can get it out every game. You can only burn them once per turn. 3 is an absolute overkill. Same goes for Raichu. You could implement Hypno from BKT to also have sleep.

As you are working with Damage a lot i would highly recommend putting in 1-2 Drampa GX.
Lele can stay.
Also (maybe to consider) have a 1-1 Zoroark line. For the ability (so you are not stuck when you use Hypno's ability) Then retreat with an Darkness Energy and the altar im gonna mention later.
=
3-2+1 Muk Line
1-1 Salazzle
1-1 Raichu
1-1 Hypno
2x Lele GX
1x Drampa GX
1-1 Zoroark (BKT)
-----------------
Trainer:
Wicke CAN stay. Your deck doesn't exactly profit from her i don't feel like but sure why not.
3x Acerola seems a bit much
I would prob play her twice (as she is quite important to what you wanna do.) But maybe rather use Deevolution Spray.
Muscle Dumbells are great. As long as you can keep em on :p

As you are playing Darkness Energy DEFINITLY put in Altar of the moone.
Brigette is in BKT so also have her.

=
2x N
3x Sycamore
1x Wicke
1x Hala
2x Guzma
2x Acerola
1x Brigette
2x Field Blower
3x Ultra Ball
2x Nest Ball
4x Deevolution Spray
4x Muscle Dumbells
2x Po town
2x Altar of the moone

=31 (12+15+4)

Energy:
This can stay
8 Darkness
4 DCE
=12

=60.

It's a bit tough because all these Evolutions limit deckspace. But this might work for a fun deck. It's my best attempt at it ^^

Holy shoot. This deck list... is a mess.

Pokemon:
I would prob go for a 3 Grimer, 2 Alolan Muk GX and 1 Regular Muk. 4-4 is a really thicc line.
Why that many Salandit and Salazle? 1-1 should be plenty. 2-1 if you want to make sure you can get it out every game. You can only burn them once per turn. 3 is an absolute overkill. Same goes for Raichu. You could implement Hypno from BKT to also have sleep.

As you are working with Damage a lot i would highly recommend putting in 1-2 Drampa GX.
Lele can stay.
Also (maybe to consider) have a 1-1 Zoroark line. For the ability (so you are not stuck when you use Hypno's ability) Then retreat with an Darkness Energy and the altar im gonna mention later.
=
3-2+1 Muk Line
1-1 Salazzle
1-1 Raichu
1-1 Hypno
2x Lele GX
1x Drampa GX
1-1 Zoroark (BKT)
-----------------
Trainer:
Wicke CAN stay. Your deck doesn't exactly profit from her i don't feel like but sure why not.
3x Acerola seems a bit much
I would prob play her twice (as she is quite important to what you wanna do.) But maybe rather use Deevolution Spray.
Muscle Dumbells are great. As long as you can keep em on :p

As you are playing Darkness Energy DEFINITLY put in Altar of the moone.
Brigette is in BKT so also have her.

=
2x N
3x Sycamore
1x Wicke
1x Hala
2x Guzma
2x Acerola
1x Brigette
2x Field Blower
3x Ultra Ball
2x Nest Ball
4x Deevolution Spray
4x Muscle Dumbells
2x Po town
2x Altar of the moone

=31 (12+15+4)

Energy:
This can stay
8 Darkness
4 DCE
=12

=60.

It's a bit tough because all these Evolutions limit deckspace. But this might work for a fun deck. It's my best attempt at it ^^
A couple things 1. Zoroark and Brigette are in BKT and the rotation will probably rotate all the 2015 sets (seriously guys just read the title -_-). Also, I much prefer a thicker Salazzle line over Hypno. I'll edit your list ;)

3-3+1 Muk Line (2-of your main attacker isn't consistent at all)
2-2 Salazzle
2-2 Raichu
2x Lele GX
1x Drampa GX

-----------------
=
2x N
3x Sycamore
1x Wicke
1x Hala
2x Guzma
2x Acerola
1x Pokemon Fan Club
2x Field Blower
3x Ultra Ball
2x Nest Ball
3x Deevolution Spray
3x Muscle Dumbells
2x Po town
2x Altar of the moone

=30
Energy:
8 Darkness
4 DCE
=12

=60

Last edited:
A couple things 1. Zoroark and Brigette are in BKT and the rotation will probably rotate all the 2015 sets (seriously guys just read the title -_-).

The problem is that thinking bkt will get rotated puts you in the minority so you should put what sets you believe will be legal in next format

The problem is that thinking bkt will get rotated puts you in the minority so you should put what sets you believe will be legal in next format
I believe the next rotation is BKP-BUS -_-. Also, so what if I'm in the minority a BKT-BUS rotation makes no sense, it would be less confusing to just say any card with the printed dates of 2016 or 2017 as opposed to BKT and 2016 and 2017

It seems really hard to theory craft on decks with the loss of both VS Seeker and Trainers' Mail, the card draw in this deck seems really thin and I feel like you have to dig for a combo for Muk to work. DCE + Salazzle + recursion for Salazzle seems like it's going to be very rare within 7-8 cards.

We also got confirmation for BKT so Zoroark seems like an auto include for me, especially over Raichu, which can also support Zoroark Break if the meta evolves around big hitters. If you also consider the next set of Shining Legends, Zoroark GX seems way better than Raichu, unless you really want a 7th Prize, especially in a VS Seeker-less world.

I want to say Super Scoop Up might be better than Devo Spray since it's a bit more universal among you Pokes, but maybe consistency is better than overall use.

Dumbells versus Choice Band seems very meta reliant as well, if things like A-Ninetales or other 190-210 Pokes control the meta, then Choice Band is auto include. You also have to consider Field Blower as well, +30 damage is permanent and can also lead to a poison kill, where as +40 HP can't

Last edited:
We also got confirmation for BKT so Zoroark seems like an auto include for me, especially over Raichu, which can also support Zoroark Break if the meta evolves around big hitters. If you also consider the next set of Shining Legends, Zoroark GX seems way better than Raichu, unless you really want a 7th Prize, especially in a VS Seeker-less world.
I don't get what you mean how is another attacker more useful then auto paralysis

Oh whoops, thought it was Circle Circuit, since the deck is going to fill up it's bench a lot. I would still consider having a couple more Pokes to attack.

I am confused as to why zoroark is good. I think 1-2 raichu is neccesary with the 2 salazzle. Super scoop ups are an option as well with the evolve-bilities. change the wickamor to a sycamor. -2 nest ball + 1 Ultra ball and +1 timer ball trade fan club for bridgette to. and 2-3 leles are always great!

Back