News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

I think this is an interesting addition in Zoroark/Drampa. While Zoroark Break can only copy the opposing Active Pokemon's attacks, this Zoroark can also copy the attacks of the opposing benched Pokemon, like copying a benched Drampa's Berserk while you have a damaged bench.

With sky field thats 9 pokemon for 180 damage plus choice band thats 210 and professor k. Thats 220 damage for 2 energy. Add flaron to make it a fire type and the promo to get 20 damage thats 240 total

The GX attack could be good but not compared to zoroark break's foul play attack. This could be good agaist vespiquen decks, if you are losing the prize pool. You could bee revenge and take a prize card or two. You could also use this for an attack like sky return to reset your health if you are up in prize cards and low on health.

With sky field thats 9 pokemon for 180 damage plus choice band thats 210 and professor k. Thats 220 damage for 2 energy. Add flaron to make it a fire type and the promo to get 20 damage thats 240 total
you would actually get 250 damage because prof. k does 20 more damage, but still, that knocks a mega ray down. So a dce for 2 prize, that is awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
So trickster-GX does say any attack from your opponent's field. Since this is already a GX attack does this mean any non-GX attack, or can this also copy GX attacks? cause it doesn't specify if it can copy GX attack's or not. If it could, this could be pretty good.

Also its first attack is basically circle circuit from raichu which has seen some play. So I expect this card to see play as well :3 And if nobody else does I definitely will.

I like the concept for Riot Beat. 1 DCE and a full bench is hitting for a solid 100. 120 if I'm thinking wrong and it counts Zoroark GX as well. It'll make good in Expanded though with Sky Field hopefully. A solid 180 base. Also, that GX attack will be pretty useful. Maybe steal a Trashalanche? Berserk from Drampa GX? Armor Press from Golisopod GX for bulk? Who knows?

Also add vaperon n splash energy and for 1 splash and 1 dce u can do 250 damage and if he dies it returns to your hand

So trickster-GX does say any attack from your opponent's field. Since this is already a GX attack does this mean any non-GX attack, or can this also copy GX attacks? cause it doesn't specify if it can copy GX attack's or not. If it could, this could be pretty good.

Also its first attack is basically circle circuit from raichu which has seen some play. So I expect this card to see play as well :3 And if nobody else does I definitely will.
Mimikyu from S&M specifically states that it can't use GX attacks, so I believe this Zororark can.

Skyfield won't be legal (most likely) when Zoroark GX is, so he's capped at 120 before Tools/Kukui/etc.

He will see play for the ability alone. Last time we had that ability, it was on Empoleon, a Stage 2, and it saw a ton of play.

The attack is even similar. Empoleon did 10+10 for each Pokemon in play. This does 20 times your Pokemon, making it much more consistent.

The GX attack is meh until Zoroark BREAK rotates.

zoroark is literally empoleon plus a better raichu plus a better zoroark break with more health

holding on to bkp zoroark break while it's still allowed in standard.
this new zoroark-gx could work well with darkrai-gx (granted there's also darkness energy in the discard pile), and also could work as support for lurantis-gx (to help with flower supply).

Interesting card. It has a decent drawing strategy, awesome primary attack and an cool GX attack. I don't know if this guy will see competitive play but the way I see it, it works excellently with "double nugget" decks, (i.e. promo tapu koko)

Wow, the art is adorable! Also, I wonder if this means an Alolan Raichu-GX is in the works? Could also just be a regular Alolan Raichu though.
Regular Alolan Raichu already done, in the SM Trainer Kit. I think we're ready to see an Alolan Raichu GX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyfield won't be legal (most likely) when Zoroark GX is, so he's capped at 120 before Tools/Kukui/etc.

He will see play for the ability alone. Last time we had that ability, it was on Empoleon, a Stage 2, and it saw a ton of play.

The attack is even similar. Empoleon did 10+10 for each Pokemon in play. This does 20 times your Pokemon, making it much more consistent.

The GX attack is meh until Zoroark BREAK rotates.

But you could use Archie's ace in the hole with empoleon, and you need to physically evolve zorua to zoroark GX.

Pros:
  • Draw every turn
  • Can copy benched pokemon's attacks (and like before no energy required)
  • you can hit 150 normally and 300 for weakness with Riot Beat and Choice Band
    • Expanded formats brings in Sky Field and Flareon, Meaning that Zoroark can hit up to 310 (assuming Kukui was used, Choice Band was equipped and Flarion, 4 Lurantis and Sky Field are fielded)
  • You can copy Trashalanche (but only once)
Cons:
  • Unlike with the Break, you can only steal the attack once
  • Expanded takes a long time to set up, 6 Stage ones to evolve (though FOGP and Eevee helps), Sky Field, Choice Band and Kukui. Field Blower can get rid of Sky Field and Choice Band, though leaving the Lurantis and Flareon would still leave Zoroark with 230 (max not sky bench, 4 Sunny Day Boost, Flareon making Zoroark Fire-type)
  • You have to discard to draw 2, so you have to be careful not to feed Garbador with that.

Last edited:
Everyone seems quite casual about how insanely good this is. It's too much too easily got.

Back