• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Infinite Wonders (Gardevoir GX / Tapu Lele GX / Diancie)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
INFINITE WONDERS

220px-Pokk%C3%A9n_Gardevoir.png

Pokémon (16):
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX (beatdown)
  • 4 Gardevoir GX (beatdown)
  • 3 Kirlia SM3 (evolution)
  • 4 Ralts SM3 (evolution)
  • 1 Mr Mime (protection)
  • 2 Diancie (evolution)
Trainer (32):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Bridgette (search)
  • 2 Guzma (control)
  • 1 Skyla (search)
  • 2 Lillie (draw)
  • 4 N (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 2 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 3 Rare Candy (evolution)
  • 2 Field Blower (discard)
  • 1 Super Rod (retrieval)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 2 Max Potion (heal)
  • 3 Fairy Garden (free retreat)
Energy (12):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 8 Fairy Energy
STRATEGY:

Go second and start with Diancie. Use Tapu Lele GX to set up with Bridgette and evolve one Ralts into Kirlia. Next turn evolve into Gardevoir GX and set up another one on the bench with Diancie and the trainer cards. By turn three start to attack with three Gardevoir GX on the battlefield. Double Colorless Energy and Choice Band enable Gardevoir GX to ohko stage 1 Pokémon GX with three energies attached to them out of nowhere while Fountain of Secrets allow the deck to set up several attackers at the same time. Twilight GX can be used to recycle lost cards such as trainers and energies in addition to an occational attacker.

Last edited:

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
While I personally like the thought of Ribombee being included, it's very possible that it would be too clunky in this. So honestly, this list seems pretty solid.

VS Seeker will most likely be rotated by the time Burning Shadows comes out, though. And since you'd ideally be using Diancie to help out with the evolution set up, I'm not sure a full 4 Rare Candies would be needed. (Maybe 2 or 3 at most?) So you'd have room for a few more things. Just throwing these out there, but perhaps another Max Potion, Professor's Letters, Energy Retrievals if needed, Professor Kukui? I could be missing more obvious choices, but those are what came to mind.

Again, this list seems pretty solid, making it straightforward. I seriously can't wait to try making my own Gardevoir GX deck!

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
Fisherman can be quite fun as a one off as you get 4 Fairy Energy back and then attach them all if you have all 4 Gardevoir-GX in play. If you are going to play Ribombee, then I would use a 1-1 line and no more as, unlike Professor's Letter, it won't power up Garbodor. And it's every turn which is nice. But it all comes down to testing, I suppose.
I also would consider 2 Rescue Stretcher and 1 Super Rod and maybe 1 Brock's Grit for recovery. I understand Gradevoir-GX has her GX attack but you want to have more than just a GX attack for recovery.

I can't wait for Gardevoir-GX to come out and that gold Fairy Energy...I guess I must say goodbye to my wallet as a Fairy player.

Thexmaverick

Aspiring Trainer
I think 4 rare candy is too much, 2 of those at max (because diancie). Maybe add a fairy drop or two? You need a way to switch your active for diancie if you start with only ralts.

Here's what i would change :

-1 ralts (3 is enough)
-1 gardevoir gx (3 is enough)
-1 n (you have enough draw support)
-2 rare candy (because diancie)
-4 vs seeker (rotation)

+1 diancie
+1 comfey Gur (only if special condition is big in next format)
+1 line of ribombee ( or maybe two professor letter)
+1 fisherman
+2 fairy drop

Im not sure of max potion in this deck, since u need your energy to stay and not be discarded

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
I like the deck, but I also agree with having one N and Brock's Grit, because you will want to save your GX attack until you absolutely need it, so I would take out 3 N, add it 2 Brock's Grit, and an extra Rescue Stretcher.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Skeleton Liar,

Thanks for the review. Also not a fan of Ribombee since it consumes bench space and I feel that I can draw into the energy reliable enough. I play in a japanese meta so the cards are already released here. After some test runs I agree on the Rare Candy issue and decided to take one out for Super Rod to retrieve energy and Pokémon alike.

Hi Matthew the Fairy Lover,

Thanks for the review. Decided to take out one Rare Candy for one Super Rod. I personally like the split on Super Rod and Rescue Strecther in stage two decks and decks that run lower energy counts or exhibit a weakness to energy discard.

HiThexmaverick,

Thanks for the review. Since this is a pre-rotation deck VS Seeker will be retained until rotated. I am not a fan of Ribombee and Fairy Drop. I never had issues to draw into the energy needed and set up at the same time. This limits the use of Ribombee. Fairy Grop is a nice healing card but I prefer Max Potion as a reset button since Gardevoir GX can refuel itself with ease and the removal of only five damage counters does not seem significant enough to turn a 2hko into a 3hko. I do agree that three Rare Candy are sufficient but would not want to run less than that. Therefore I removed one of them for Super Rod.

Hi George,

Thanks for the review. I agree that an additional retrieval card would be nice but I do not want to modify the draw supporter line. The deck is intended to be fast and aggressive. I took out one of the originally four Rare Candies to fit in one Super Rod.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Hi Skeleton Liar,

Thanks for the review. Also not a fan of Ribombee since it consumes bench space and I feel that I can draw into the energy reliable enough. I play in a japanese meta so the cards are already released here. After some test runs I agree on the Rare Candy issue and decided to take one out for Super Rod to retrieve energy and Pokémon alike.
Oh, okay! That makes sense to keep VS Seeker in there then! And it looks like you found a good substitute for one of the Rare Candies. Everything else looks like it should work very quickly.

TCG_Destory

Darkness player
INFINITE WONDERS

220px-Pokk%C3%A9n_Gardevoir.png

Pokémon (14):
  • 4 Gardevoir GX (beatdown)
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX (set up)
  • 2 Diancie (evolution)
  • 2 Kirlia (evolution)
  • 4 Ralts (evolution)
Trainer (33):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Bridgette (search)
  • 2 Guzma (control)
  • 1 Skyla (search)
  • 4 N (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 3 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 3 Rare Candy (evolution)
  • 1 Field Blower (discard)
  • 1 Super Rod (retrieval)
  • 4 Vs Seeker (retrieval)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 1 Max Potion (heal)
  • 3 Fairy Garden (free retreat)
Energy (13):
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 10 Fairy Energy
STRATEGY:

Go second and start with Diancie. Use Tapu Lele GX to set up with Bridgette and evolve one Ralts into Kirlia. Next turn evolve into Gardevoir GX and set up another one on the bench with Diancie and the trainer cards. By turn three start to attack with three Gardevoir GX on the battlefield. Double Colorless Energy and Choice Band enable Gardevoir GX to ohko stage 1 Pokémon GX with three energies attached to them out of nowhere while Fountain of Secrets allow the deck to set up several attackers at the same time. Twilight GX can be used to recycle lost cards such as trainers and energies in addition to an occational attacker.

SPOILER:

Diancie
Basic Fairy Pokémon
HP: 90
[Y] Sparkling Prayer
Search your deck for a card that evolves from one of your Pokémon and put it onto that Pokémon. (This counts as evolving that Pokémon.) Then, shuffle your deck.
[Y][C] Diamond Storm: 30
Heal 30 damage from each of your [Y] Pokémon.
Retreat Cost: C
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)

Gardevoir GX
Stage two Fairy Pokémon - evolves from Kirlia
HP: 230
Ability: Fountain of Secrets
Once during your turn (before you attack) you may attach 1 [Y] Energy from your hand to 1 of your Poéemon.
[Y] Infinite Force: 30x
This attack does 30 damage times the amount of Energy attached to both active Pokémon.
[Y] Twilight GX:
Search your discard pile for 10 cards, show them to your opponent, and shuffle them back into your deck. (You can only use one GX attack per game.)
Retreat Cost: CC
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)

Guzma
Trainer - Supporter
Switch your opponent’s active Pokémon with 1 of their benched Pokémon. Then, switch your active Pokémon with 1 of your benched Pokémon.

I find this to be a rather solid list. By the way, I was searching for a Gardevoir-GX decklist that would contain Max Potion and I randomly found this thread on the first page. Max Potion I believe is very underevaluated and underconsidered for this deck. Here is why: you can attach two or three Energy cards every turn thanks to the Secret Spring Ability and to the turnly attachment. So, you can technically use Max Potion to heal all damage from Gardevoir-GX after it took a hit, then use an Energy Retrieval, Fisherman or even Space Beacon from Starmie and reattach these Energies to attack again, with full health. I think it should be a two or three-of in a Gardevoir-GX list that only runs Basic Energy. That is, the list I plan to build, of which I am still uncertain. Two things are confirmed now though: I will run Max Potion and solely Basic Energy.

Were I to have to make a post rotation draft list from my ideas, here is what it would look like:

Pokémon - 18

2 Staryu BKP
2 Starmie EVO
4 Ralts BKT
2 Kirlia BUS
4 Gardevoir-GX BUS
4 Xerneas XY

Trainer - 32

3 Fairy Garden

2 Guzma
4 N
4 Professor Sycamore
2 Skyla

3 Choice Band
3 Max Potion
2 Nest Ball
3 Rare Candy
2 Super Rod
4 Ultra Ball

Energy - 10

10 Fairy Energy

Actually budget friendly, but I think Tapu Lele-GX would improve it. I just don't see myself having any by Burning Shadows' release date.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi TCG_Destory,

Nice deck. I still feel that Tapu Lele GX and Bridgette would make the deck a lot more stabke and consistent. Personally I would also run two Diancie when running Tapu Lele GX and Bridgette and reduce the Max Potion count to two. Two Max potion should suffice with Twilight. I would also run a split of Super Rod and Rescue Stretcher. When running Tapu Lele GX a tech [P] might be nice.