• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Brilliant Arrow in Need of Sharpening

Cartoon_Eric

Aspiring Trainer
Its been a while since I touched this Gardevoir EX deck of mine. I implemented a FEW of the newer Sun & Moon cards but this could still use tune up. Would you all be so kind to critique and make some suggestions?

Pokemon:
3 Gardevoir EX
2 Mega Gardevoir EX (Brilliant Arrow)
1 Mega Gardevoir EX (Despair Ray)
4 Xerneas (Geomancy)
2 Xerneas BREAK
1 Hoopa EX
1 Shaymin EX
1 Tapu Lele GX

I/S/S:
4 Prof. Sycamore
4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
4 VS Seeker
3 Trainers' Mail
3 Fairy Garden
3 Gardevoir Spirit Link
2 N
1 Brock's Grit
1 Lysandre
1 Super Rod
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Switch

Energy:
13 Fairy Energy

That's pretty much it there.

Control/F + Field Blower = no results. You absolutely need a Field Blower or two nowadays because getting rid of opposing tools and stadiums is just too good to pass up. 2 Lysandres are also ideal to increase your odds of pulling one if you need to. You might want to cut an energy or two to make room for these.

While it's true that Trainer's Mail is a good card, it's basically feeding Garbodor with more items to power up Trashalanche, so I'd be careful with those. Some decks are starting to cut that card entirely.

Control/F + Field Blower = no results. You absolutely need a Field Blower or two nowadays because getting rid of opposing tools and stadiums is just too good to pass up. 2 Lysandres are also ideal to increase your odds of pulling one if you need to. You might want to cut an energy or two to make room for these.

While it's true that Trainer's Mail is a good card, it's basically feeding Garbodor with more items to power up Trashalanche, so I'd be careful with those. Some decks are starting to cut that card entirely.

That sounds reasonable. By the way what do you mean by "Conrtol/F"? Is that a term I missed here?

That sounds reasonable. By the way what do you mean by "Conrtol/F"? Is that a term I missed here?
This means I didn't find Field Blower anywhere on your list. For reference, Control/F on your keyboard brings up the text search function on your browser.

I play this deck a lot and love talking about it. It's my main deck and I have been toying with it since it's Primal Clash release. Anyway here are my suggestions:

Replace the Despair Ray with another Brilliant Arrow. If it's an availability thing I know the Generations copy of M Gardevoir is actually pretty cheap otherwise the 2 class in nature and really don't have any synergy as Brilliant Arrow will like to have energy spread about the bench, and the only thing Despair Ray will help you with is M Mewtwo.

Max Elixir's are something I have never tried because Xerneas has always seemed to work for me, but primarily availability reasons. How do they treat you? I imagine they really help when you don't get a Xerneas start.

I just recently put Hoopa EX back in my deck as I was running Fan Club for my Lele.

I was running a 2-2 line of Whimsicott from Ancient Origins, look it up it's worth but not really, but now have shifted to a 2-2 line of Garbotoxin Garbodor as I do not care for Decideuye or other pesky abilities.

I run a Pokemon Center Lady. This makes KO'ing Xerneas into a game of tennis against a brick wall.
I run 12 Energy, 1 Energy Recylcer over Brocks, though they are good substitutes for 1 another and have run either in the past, and 1 Steven for clutch energy and future supporter power.

The Field Blower suggestion is good, I would remove super rod, rescue stretcher and switch from this list.

Finally I run 4 N and 2 Sycamore but that is simply preference. Good luck and have fun!

I play this deck a lot and love talking about it. It's my main deck and I have been toying with it since it's Primal Clash release. Anyway here are my suggestions:

Replace the Despair Ray with another Brilliant Arrow. If it's an availability thing I know the Generations copy of M Gardevoir is actually pretty cheap otherwise the 2 class in nature and really don't have any synergy as Brilliant Arrow will like to have energy spread about the bench, and the only thing Despair Ray will help you with is M Mewtwo.

Max Elixir's are something I have never tried because Xerneas has always seemed to work for me, but primarily availability reasons. How do they treat you? I imagine they really help when you don't get a Xerneas start.

I just recently put Hoopa EX back in my deck as I was running Fan Club for my Lele.

I was running a 2-2 line of Whimsicott from Ancient Origins, look it up it's worth but not really, but now have shifted to a 2-2 line of Garbotoxin Garbodor as I do not care for Decideuye or other pesky abilities.

I run a Pokemon Center Lady. This makes KO'ing Xerneas into a game of tennis against a brick wall.
I run 12 Energy, 1 Energy Recylcer over Brocks, though they are good substitutes for 1 another and have run either in the past, and 1 Steven for clutch energy and future supporter power.

The Field Blower suggestion is good, I would remove super rod, rescue stretcher and switch from this list.

Finally I run 4 N and 2 Sycamore but that is simply preference. Good luck and have fun!

I actually disagree with dumping DR M Gardevoir altogether. It hits Espeon / Garbodor for weakness and makes that match up and auto win.

There was one game I had when I got a bit over the top with the Max Elixir and Geomancy that by the second turn I had 7 Fairy Energy on the board! And I still had my energy to attach for the turn go.

I actually disagree with dumping DR M Gardevoir altogether. It hits Espeon / Garbodor for weakness and makes that match up and auto win.

Totally. I can hit the Espeon GX and the Trashalanche Garbodor for weakness and they can't. I don't even need to sack a Pokemon on my Bench to power up the move to take them down.

Its been a while since I touched this Gardevoir EX deck of mine. I implemented a FEW of the newer Sun & Moon cards but this could still use tune up. Would you all be so kind to critique and make some suggestions?

Pokemon:
3 Gardevoir EX
4 Xerneas (Geomancy)
2 Xerneas BREAK
1 Hoopa EX
1 Shaymin EX
1 Tapu Lele GX

I/S/S:
4 Prof. Sycamore
4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
4 VS Seeker
3 Trainers' Mail
3 Fairy Garden
3 Gardevoir Spirit Link
2 N
1 Brock's Grit
1 Lysandre
1 Super Rod
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Switch

Energy:
13 Fairy Energy

That's pretty much it there.

I would suggest that you cut 2 Energy, as Mega Gardevoir decks can have trouble functioning well with such a high Energy count. Then, the Super Rod should be cut too, for you don't need that card on top of Brock's Grit in that deck. Instead, I think you should consider including one more N, one Mega Turbo and one more Gardevoir Spirit Link, since Field Blower is a thing and you may have to discard Benched Gardevoir-EX or Mega Gardevoir-EX.

Basing on the suggestions I'm getting my revised list is looking a bit like this:

Pokemon:
3 Gardevoir EX
4 Xerneas (Geomancy)
2 Xerneas BREAK
1 Hoopa EX
1 Shaymin EX
1 Tapu Lele GX

I/S/S:
4 Prof. Sycamore
4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
4 VS Seeker
4 Gardevoir Spirit Link
4 N
3 Fairy Garden
2 Field Blower
2 Lysandre
1 Brock's Grit
1 Mega Turbo
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Switch

Energy:
10 Fairy Energy

Does this seem about right? Should I perhaps cut the Xerneas or Max Elixirs?

Back