Finished Convicted 3 - (Murder/Mystery Roleplaying Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Guys, so as hinted previously, I will be hosting Convicted 4. However, before then, I have a few questions:
1) How content are you with the current style of gameplay? By this I mean the fact that essentially the entire game is creating the character at the beginning of the game and, though sleuthing comes into play later on, a fairly dead series of earlier chapters.
2) Would you prefer fewer longer, more detailed chapters which take a longer amount of time to update, or more chapters which are shorter, and take less time to create? If the latter option is chosen, there would not be death every chapter. With my current potential idea, there may not be in the former option either.
3) How much commitment do you want to give a potential future version of Convicted? Does the idea of having something to do after every chapter, even if small, make you more excited or apathetic?
4) Do you feel that the same characters in 2 settings would become too confusing, even if different settings were clearly indicated?
5) Is there anything you would add to the current formula? Suggestions will be taken into consideration.

Tagging people who took part in this version:
@bbninjas
@Plasma Dragon
@GM DracLord
@raichulover11
@Scorched Feathers
@Vracken
@TheStrictNein
@MrIronGolem27
@Keeper of Night

Sooooooooooo many questions...my just-out-of-high-school brain isn't ready for this. x.x
1) How content are you with the current style of gameplay? By this I mean the fact that essentially the entire game is creating the character at the beginning of the game and, though sleuthing comes into play later on, a fairly dead series of earlier chapters.
I love me a good story even if the beginning is slow, but I think I'm part of the 0.01% of the population who does.
2) Would you prefer fewer longer, more detailed chapters which take a longer amount of time to update, or more chapters which are shorter, and take less time to create? If the latter option is chosen, there would not be death every chapter. With my current potential idea, there may not be in the former option either.
Definitely longer chapters. More time between chapters means more time to make up new conspiracy theories, look for clues, etc. Also makes a better read imo but rises the time commitment for both the players and the host, although that way I guess you won't get bugged about a new chapter weekly.
3) How much commitment do you want to give a potential future version of Convicted? Does the idea of having something to do after every chapter, even if small, make you more excited or apathetic?
The attention span these days are so short (damn millenials! :p) that I think just reading the chapters is a lot of work for some people, let alone solving a murder spree. I mean, those who love this kind of stuff will love it, but everyone else will just find it meh. Maybe every few chapters put someone on the spot so they can guess? Also maybe don't make the person die if they get it wrong, I feel like that was a big problem in the past games. It's not the only problem though, as I gave 2 guesses and still only like 1 person submitted a guess. ...Maybe I'm just a crappy writer and didn't give enough clues tho lol.
4) Do you feel that the same characters in 2 settings would become too confusing, even if different settings were clearly indicated?
I think it would get stale really quickly. Same characters=same characteristics=same (love) interests, etc. Ofc, it doesn't /have/ to be the same characters completely, but at that point you might as well just make a new one.
5) Is there anything you would add to the current formula? Suggestions will be taken into consideration.
Tag me in the next post about this you make. >:L

Also, you don't have to answer /all/ of the questions, just post some thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back