News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

SirKnight

Securing the win
Man... do they have to change it? If they didn't, would play that deck just to say ," God Damn Punch for knock out".:p

MetaCall

ADVGYM
Are y'all realizing what Incineroar is doing with Choice Band, Burning Energy, and Damaged Teammates?? #MostFireCardEVER #EVER #GodDamnPunch

Nyora

A Cat
Holy moly! Incineroar's HP though, hats pretty high! (please TPCI don't change it) That Spiritomb doesn't look too good, but will ability cancelling cards leaving the format, I think it will definelty see some play, especially in stalling decks or decks that take a while to setup. That Reshiram is so cool! My dads gonna be excited! He loved Resgiram for the Outrage attack, and yes'm, even though we had Tauros, I think this'll make him pretty happy! Can't wait!

Also, even though the attack names gonna be changed, why not just say it anyways. I'm still Forest of Giant Plants - Giant Plant Forest, and calling Unseen Claw - Assassij Claw. WHY NOT DO THAT WITH ONE?

CESit

Aspiring Trainer
Warp and Cyclone energy have been printed at the same time every time they have been reprinted. Possibly return of a lysandre energy?

Purrloin

Great to see TPC finally acknowledge that Bulbasaur and Ivysaur exist again!

Also I'm excited for Plusle (and Minun too).

What else is on that list... Arbok, Jynx... PURRLOIN?!?!!

Purrloin is out of usable air! Purrloin has whited out!

Last edited:

Teenyvictini

Aspiring Trainer
Masked Royal is alright, I was hoping it would be better. I really wanted Entei GX to be playable, but sadly it isn't. Wasn't expecting anything special from pokemon breeder so I am not too disappointed. I knew as soon as I saw double colorless and +20 for reshiram, it had to be outrage however, it is not a direct reprint sadly. Shaymin is meh. Lugia is okay. Rayquaza is pretty bad. Spiritomb is pretty nice, I like it. I'm not even going to go into detail how bad incineroar is...nice to see warp energy again, I have a few old ones so thats cool
Incinerator isn't that bad, great HP for a stage 2, his first attack can deal 130 for 2 energy if you can get damage on your bench, one idea might be team Magmas secret base, or in expanded team plasmas chandelure, and his second attack can deal 180, but you can play special fire energy to prevent the discard, or play kiawe, incineroar could actually see a lot of play since it only gives up 1 prize card, has good HP, and dead massive damage!

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
Damage remover doesn't seem too useful but it's definitely quite fascinating. I see two uses:
1. Drampa GX: Moving damage counters from the Active to the Bench. Kinda reduces the need for Team Magma's Base since it is an eventuality that the opponent would attack.
2. Tauros GX/Outrage Users: Move damage counters from other Pokemon to these Pokemon
Otherwise, it'll always be better to simply heal your Pokemon with other item cards.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Someone hit your Drampa? Damage Remover to a Benched 'mon, healing off Drampa a little while fueling his attack! Great synergy right there. I think Damage Remover will be a one-of in Drampa decks for this purpose. Oh, or you could use Tauros, which could also be interesting. Neat card!

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
First line of article has error, it should be July 15th not June 15th. Couple things to note from these pictures.

I think we have our first 170HP stage 2 pokemon (regular pokemon) with Inceneroar. A sign of things to come interms of HP in the near future.

I can't read Japanese but if Venusaur is the one infront of the shiny card at the back then I think that could be a 160Hp Venusaur, that might also be a first for a regular Venusaur?

On a side note for me atleast, it is nice to see Kanoko Eo returning for this set.

I don't collect many cards these days but this is one set that I will get like the XY evolutions last year.

Looking forward to it.

LiftoffLizard

Hoenn Nerd
Damage Remover, is going to synergy VERY well with cards like drampa GX. Masked Royal is very limited, so its nearly impossible to use.
As for Inicineroar, The GOD DAMN PUNCH seems pretty good actually I think the name is hilarious as well. Warp energy seems like it will replace float stone. Entei GX is interesting I kinda like it and more and more cards are starting to make Incineroar GX look like a viable type of deck once we hit next rotation!

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
"Rayqauaza is terrible"

Actually, the correct wording is "Rayquaza has lots of possibilities."

Necrozma GX hits for the same amount for only 3 psychic energy instead of 4 of two different types of energy, and discards the same amount.

And is immune to colorless. And has more HP. And has a good secondary attack.