Discussion What Pokémon Do You Want to See as a GX, and Why?

acerizzo13

Reniart Gniripsa
To the Pokemon that haven't been shown enough love, and Dragonite, hehe XD, should go the Ultra Rare status. My picks: Milotic, Arcanine, Magnezone, Starmie, Gen 2, 4 and 5 Starters, mainly Gen 2 tho, Togekiss, Azumarill, Weavile, Mamoswine, Hitmontop, Lee, and Chan, Shiftry, Slaking should all at least get playable love.

But seriously: Milotic, Arcanine, Dragonite, Cresselia, Typhlosion and Luxray if I had to pick 6, not just cause they are my favorites but only Dragonite, and maybe Luxray Break but nah, have been shown any love since B & W. But like seriously how does Darkrai get so much love and Cresslia forgotten.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Shedinja. Artwork by Yuka Morii.
Raichu. Artwork by Yuka Morii.
Hypno. Artwork by Tomokazu Komiya.
Smeargle. Artwork by Yuka Morii.
Ditto. Artwork by Yuka Morii.
Girafarig.
The Slow line. Artwork by Yuka Morii.
Solrock & Lunatone as a joined type of GX if that's possible, remember all the attention they gained when Sun and Moon became official to the world.
Cresselia.
Moltres and Suicune to get back at the lost Full Art absence from their last two counterparts respectfully.
Armaldo. Artwork by Tomokazu Komiya.
Cradily.
Lord Helix. Artwork by Tomokazu Komiya.
Every Fossil final evolution. Lets have a Paleo Poké set feauting only fossil and prehistoric themed looking characters.
Chandelure. Artwork by Tomokazu Komiya.
Zangoose and Seviper as another combination although if I had to choose it would be Zangoose for solo.
Dragalge (Along with Aegi that just covered thankfully) was who I wanted the most from Gen6 to get full art status rightfuly justified so by its elegant beauty.
Talonflame.
Mega Pokémon yet not debuted.
Hoopa Unbound.
Xerneas.
More Gym inspired GX'es as shown already with Rocket's Mimikyu GX.
Another Mimikyu with artwork by Tomokazu Komiya or Yuka Morii.
Yog Shothoth Lusamime form. If anyone is curious to find out why I chose what I did in more detail, don't hesitate to ask me. :eek:

Alakazam however like Azathoth, is on infinite dimensions and is above all. I will make them return someday.

Last edited:

du5k

Aspiring Trainer
To be honest, I'd love to see:
Garchomp-GX
Toucannon-GX
Sudowoodo-GX
Palossand-GX
Silvally-GX
Sandslash-GX
Marowak-GX
Frosslass-GX
Dhelmise-GX

I would especially enjoy seeing Frosslass GX, it would be really interesting to see what TPCi would do with it haha.

Yog

Rogue
There are definitely two trains of thought here, firstly what is most marketable, and these are most likely already in the pipeline. They know what sells and these cards are coming sooner or later. For the record, the guys like this I'd most like to see are Gengar-GX, Arcanine-GX, Dragonite-GX from the Gen 1 nostalgia, Alolan Marowak-GX & Ribombee-GX from the new batch. I'm sure we'll see a Lucario-GX sooner or later too :p There are the guys too that are personal favourites, but are just never going to get love :v RIP in peace Seaking-GX. For me this would be like a Whimsicott-GX or a Drifblim-GX, anyone?

Most interesting are the ones that fall between the two camps. Popular enough that there *might* be a day they get a GX card. But still on the fringe enough that it is far from guaranteed.

For myself the top pick here would be a Mawile-GX. Very popular in her day. Even more-so when she got the Mega evolution. I imagine her as a tanky Metal basic that can hold the opening spot while you set up some of the chunkier 3-stage metal lines like your Metagross or Solgaleo. Popular & underloved.

I think the dream of a Chandelure-GX is feasable too. Popular enough to make the cut in Pokken, and now and again usable in the TCG, and with some really neat and interesting existing cards in the line that could be made playable by a good GX that interacts well with them.

Lastly and a little off topic, but on the off chance that the powers that be are reading, I would love to see one good fossil GX card, alongside (importantly), a slight overhaul of the fossil system. Because there are so many nearly-playable fossil cards that just aren't currently. It's stifling. Even a reprint of Caitlin might cut it. As for the fossil itself, my shout would go to a Tyrantrum-GX.

President Pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
How about a Crobat-GX with an ability similar to our previous bats line but with many re damage say 5 damage counters? And a good bench wiping attack and gx move so you build a deck around it?

the real spheal

Aspiring Trainer
I want a Walrein GX because the last time he got an ultra rare was in the ex era.

Plus Spheal is really cute so little kids might like Spheals evolved form.

BKRapper

Aspiring Trainer
I just want a Scyther GX. It's been a while since we got a Scyther card and I feel like its always been an underrated pokemon. It could be either grass or metal and in my opinion, I think it would open itself up well for the special Alola treatment (i.e. Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales, Alolan Sandshre/Slash, etc)

Clamtrak

Aspiring Trainer
I think that Regice, Registeel, and Regigigas need GX cards. Regirock just recently got an EX in Fates Collide, so it'll be around for this upcoming season probably. Registeel hasn't gotten and Ultra Rare since Dragons Exalted, Regigigas hasn't gotten one since Next Destinies. And Regice hasn't gotten any Ultra Rare since I believe the ex series. Plus I think the Regis could have some really cool and unique GX attacks.

darksupreme

Aspiring Trainer
I would love to see a dark hydreigon gx, crobat gx, gengar gx, slowking gx, Houndoom gx, Alolan Persian, Sandslash. and Exeggutor GX, Latias GX, Salamence GX, Luxray GX and the Johto and Sinnoh starters would be awesome!

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Just went through the posts and totted up the most amount of mentions.

Araquanid
Arcanine
Arceus
Blastoise
Dhelmise
Alolan Exeggutor
Flygon
Flareon
Gengar
Goodra
Gyrados
Glaceon
Greninja
Jolteon
Lucario
Leafeon
Milotic
Magnezone
Alolan Marowak
Pidgeot
Regigigas
Roserade
Alolan Raichu
Togekiss
Tyrantrum
Venusaur
Wailord
Vaporeon

These seem to be the top 25 mentions.

RadleyMadish

You see this? It's Alolan Wooper, I just know it.
I think that GXs of all the pseudo-legendaries would be cool i.e. Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon, and Goodra, as two of them have already been made (Metagross and Kommo-o).

Also, I think GXs of other popular Pokemon would be neat and crowd pleasing (Lucario, Gengar, Alakazam, Gyarados, that kind of thing)

I would love to make sure that all the new fully evolved Alola Pokemon all get GXs, as not all Kalos Pokemon got the EXs they deserved (Goodra, Talonflame, Gourgeist, etc.)

And please make a Magearna-GX, it would feel wrong if it got an EX without a GX.

Last edited:

BrokenElements

Aspiring Trainer
Personally, I'd like to see a Gengar GX, a Magnezone GX, and/or an Alolan Dugtrio GX.

Gengar I would like to see, because we haven't really had a solid Gengar since Gengar Prime in the HGSS era, my favorite deck during that era btw, and I think it's about time that Gengar makes a comeback in an explosive manner. (GX attack returns all Pokémon on your opponents bench back into your opponents hand?)

With Magnezone, I feel like it's had a few decent cards over the years. (Magnezone Prime, Dual Brains Magnezone) I just feel like it needs another push in the right direction, and it can take off again. (GX attack prevents your opponent from playing Supporters and activating Abilities during their next turn?)

Last, but not least, Alolan Dugtrio. I mean, do I have to argue this card? It's a freaking hair metal band, lol. Metal has taken a turn south ever since Bronzong rotated out of standard, and I think having an Alolan Dugtrio GX could potentially revive metal decks from the grave. Just imagine, Alolan Dugtrio 210hp, (.) Search your deck for a basic (M) energy and attach it to one of your benched (M) Pokémon. (M)(M)(C) 110 damage, you may move one energy attached to this Pokémon to one of your benched Pokémon. (M)(M)(M) GX attack: this attack does 100 damage to all of your opponent's Pokémon (Do not apply weakness or resistance to benched Pokémon) then discard all energy attached to this Pokémon.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Alternate-typing GXs for the starter pokemon: psychic Decidueye, dark Inciniroar, fairy Primarina. The starter pokemon are always a selling point and it would allow for their unique Z moves to show up as GX attacks

I have had this idea for ages!

'Sinister Arrow Raid GX: 130
This does 40 damage to each of your opponents benched Pokémon.'

'Malicious Moonsault GX: 50x
This attack does 50 damage times the amount of Stadium cards in each player's discard pile'

'Oceanic Operetta GX: 60x
This attack does 60 damage for each Fairy Energy attached to this Pokémon.'

Just a thought

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Also, some of my own opinions on Pokémon that should get GXs. Since Sinnoh remakes are likely coming up and they made plenty of EXs of Hoenn Pokémon in XY, I reckon that these Gen 4s deserve GXs:

• Empoleon
  • Torterra
  • Infernape
  • Garchomp
  • Hippowdon
  • Dusknoir
  • Luxray
  • Abomasnow
  • Electivire
  • Magmortar
  • Rhyperior
  • Lucario
  • Staraptor
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Shaymin

eeveelutions21

Aspiring Trainer
Alakazam GX
Tyrantrum GX

i would love to see these 2 guys to get GXs because Pokemon could make them such good art for them like when they can out as EX in X and Y.

Low-Key Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
I think that GXs of all the pseudo-legendaries would be cool i.e. Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon, and Goodra, as two of them have already been made (Metagross and Kommo-o).

Also, I think GXs of other popular Pokemon would be neat and crowd pleasing (Lucario, Gengar, Alakazam, Gyarados, that kind of thing)

I would love to make sure that all the new fully evolved Alola Pokemon all get GXs, as not all Kalos Pokemon got the EXs they deserved (Goodra, Talonflame, Trevenant, etc.)

And please make a Magearna-GX, it would feel wrong if it got an EX without a GX.

I'm pretty sure Trevenant got an EX, and a pretty playable one too

MLdarknightmare

Aspiring Trainer
I would like to see a:
- Volcarona GX (fits Alola's climate, and this card has never gotten any ultra rare or secret rare card and I don't understand why. This was one of the most OP pokemon and extremely rare aswell.)
- Weavile GX (just awesome pokemon)
- Drapion GX (quite OP back in Diamond and Pearl)
- Druddigon GX (you never have enough dragons)
- Toxicroak GX (just a cool pokemon)
- Gliscor GX (just a cool pokemon)
- Froslass GX (underappriciated especially compared to Glalie)
- Roserade GX (has never gotten a special card)
- Flygon GX (I loved Flygon back in the Diamond and Pearl era of the TCG)
- Golurk GX (just a cool pokemon)
- Cloyster GX (underappriciated)
- Barbaracle GX (for some reason I think he's very cool)
- Bisharp GX (just a cool pokemon)
- Lucario GX (I doubt there's anyone who strongly dislikes him)
- Seaking GX, oh wait.
Look at me creating SM5