• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Toxapex Gx Deck(any ideas)?

The simple answer would just be 'Garb, Garb, Garb for days,' considering it is already a psychic deck. If that's what you're looking for, then go ahead, but my approach would certainly be combining Toxapex-GX with Lycanroc-GX (GRI). It will make the opponent live in fear of being poisoned. Nothing is safe, as Lycanroc's ability can drag anything you like up front to unleash a Super Intense Poison, that they have to retreat to get rid of. Lycanroc should never attack in this deck, but since Lysandre is being rotated and you do not want to have to switch your own Active everytime with Guzma, I recommend Lycanroc.

Here would be my take on the deck, designed for the upcoming rotation:

Pokémon: 20
4x Toxapex-GX
3x Mareanie (SUM)
1x Mareanie (GRI)
2x Seviper (BUS, upcoming set)
3x Lycanroc-GX
3x Rockruff
1x Octillery (BKT)
1x Remoraid
2x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers: 28
4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
3x Acerola
3x Field Blower (you are not gonna want Float Stones running around)
3x Wish Baton
2x Choice Band (pretty much just for the GX attack, so it can OHKO Drampa, Darkrai etc.)
4x Ultra Ball
3x Level Ball
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Olympia

Energy: 12
9x Psychic Energy
3x Rainbow Energy

I've been pairing it with Espeon-GX & the eeveelutions for double damage off the first attack, the regular Toxapex, along with Fliptini to some success. It's all about hitting them with status conditions until they run out of ways to switch, then hopefully sweeping with Espeon's Divide-GX. Or, if you have the time to build up the Toxapex-GX, you can stall out the last few turns with her attacks instead. The big downside of course, is that it buckles horribly against Garbodor having two Psychic-weak pokémon.

List:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 2 Espeon-GX SUM 140
* 1 Flareon AOR 13
* 1 Vaporeon AOR 22
* 1 Jolteon AOR 26

* 3 Mareanie SUM 62
* 2 Toxapex SUM 63
* 2 Toxapex-GX GRI 136

* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

* 1 Victini GRI 10

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 1 Lillie SUM 147
* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 3 N NVI 101
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 148
* 1 Lysandre FLF 104
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 1 Switch SUM 160
* 2 Super Rod NVI 95
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125

* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Exp. Share SUM 118

* 2 Altar of the Moone GRI 117

##Energy - 9

* 9 Psychic Energy SUM 162

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

gNAEDcB.png

When Shining Legends and Burning Shadows have come out, I plan on running it with Shining Mew and Seviper. Shining Mew allows you to search your deck for 2 Energy cards and attach them to your Pokemon, which accounts for Toxapex's ridiculous energy cost. Seviper makes them take 10 more damage when Poisoned, meaning with one Seviper out, Super Intense Poison does 110 per turn. With three Seviper out, you hit 130 per turn which is enough to kill anything over two turns. Here's the list:

Pokemon (16):

3x Toxapex-GX
3x Mareanie
2x Tapu-Lele-GX
1x Alolan Dugtrio (Helps with things retreating out of Poison. If you play Expanded, use Dragalge from Flashfire. Does the same thing but better.)
1x Alolan Diglett
3x Shining Mew
3x Seviper

Trainers (32):

4x Sycamore
4x N
2x Guzma (Lysandre and Switch combined. Toxapex is really hard to move so I think this is better than Lysandre here.)
1x Brigette
1x Hex Maniac (There are Pokemon who have abilities who make it so your opponent's Pokemon cannot be affected by Special Conditions, which completely shuts you down.)
4x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
1x Super Rod
3x Wish Baton (Keeps all of Toxapex's energy on the board, this is a huge key to the deck.)
2x Float Stone
4x Team Aqua's Secret Base (In Expanded, use Virbank City Gym. Increases Poison damage even more.)

Energy (12):

12x Basic Psychic Energy

Hope this is helpful :)

Back