News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

The_Poke_Bros

Master Arcanine Trainer
Warp Energy could definitely be a nice card for Golisopod GX. I'm loving what I'm seeing so far, the art on these cards is incredible.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
About time we get a supporter based on a class in SM.

Shaymin's not half bad. Basically N in Pokemon form. Could possibly be a staple in Rainbow Energy and Decidueye decks. Kamiya Plusle looks interesting.

So how many of the 72 cards had been confirmed and how many are implied? It seems like about half the set's been revealed now.
Isn't Team Skull Grunt technically a trainer class too? That was released in the Sun/Moon base set.

Orlandito2012

Aspiring Trainer
I'm pretty sure it is an Alolan Raichu because in the upper right corner, it looks like an ear, and only alolan raichu has an all-yellow ear. then again, it could be the tail, and both tails look almost the same

Professor Palutena

The Queen
I really like the new Keldeo.

[W][W] for 20 + 20 for each benched means that you're doing up to 180 with Sky Field. With Choice Band, you're OHKOing pretty much every basic GX and some Stage 1 GXes.

This is also on a 1-prize basic.

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
That's just ridiculous. First off, Drampa / Garbodor is a thing as well. Tauros / Garbodor is a thing as well (though less of a thing). That's 3 decks including Espeon / Garbodor which hit Psychic types for weakness. I could maybe get behind your statement if Espeon / Garbodor and Drampa / Garbodor were used as frequently as Tauros / Garbodor...you know, you might run into one at a tournament if you are extremely unlucky. But they aren't. They are 2 of the top 5 decks in the format and are literally EVERYWHERE. There is a reason M Mewtwo is dead as a competitive deck right now when it absolutely dominates every other deck that isn't running Garbodor. It is because these two decks are so prominent that you literally won't make day two at any major tournament running it. And this is from a person who thought M Mewtwo was going to be huge with Garbodor. It just doesn't stack up. So far, Pokemon hasn't released a single psychic weak pokemon that changes the math when facing a 1 energy 1 prize attacker that lights you up for as little as 6 items in your discard pile and a choice band attached. 6. SIX. That is literally NOTHING in your discard pile. That's 2 Ultra Balls, 1 VS Seeker, 1 Field Blower, and 2 tools after they Field Blower you. Look at that for a second. Just look at it. You tell me what psychic weak deck is out there that isn't throwing at least 6 items in that discard pile within the first 3 turns of the game and I will show you a psychic weak deck that is going nowhere fast against anything good.

Until Garbodor rotates, they ban it, or put out an errata making it so Trashalanche doesn't hit for weakness, psychic weak decks not running Garbodor are Garbodor victims. Period. End of story.
Yes! Exactly! Thank you! I might've been wrong about the amount of top psychic decks (although I believe the only one worth playing is the espeon variant) but my point was everyone else in this thread immediately started saying things about how newtwo made psychic dead which made no sense at all!

The_Poke_Bros

Master Arcanine Trainer
I really like the new Keldeo.

[W][W] for 20 + 20 for each benched means that you're doing up to 180 with Sky Field. With Choice Band, you're OHKOing pretty much every basic GX and some Stage 1 GXes.

This is also on a 1-prize basic.
It's a great card, but it probably won't see too much play unless sky field is reprinted (assuming ROS rotates).

Aera14

Aspiring Trainer
Warp Energy will see some play with Golisopod-GX maybe. Man not every day we get a new special energy this set is looking good.

TheRealBro..

Oh come on. They always do that, the previous set isn't even released yet for more than a month and I'm already more interested in the next set.. These cards look gorgeous.

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
It's a great card, but it probably won't see too much play unless sky field is reprinted (assuming ROS rotates).
But think about it. Even without Sky Field, a Basic Pokemon with an attack that can be used turn one (Manual Attachment + Aqua Patch) that can possibly swing for 120 damage and 150 with Choice Band. This new meta definitely favours fast and efficient attackers like this one.

Edit: Brooklet Hill is also an easy way to fill up that Bench with fewer items

Last edited:

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
"
Double Colorless Energy – Special Energy

Provides 2 chicken nuggets."

Damn, can't wait for this new card to change the competitive scene

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
Reshiram's 2nd attack is "Burning Breath" so they'll probably translate that to flamethrower or firebreathing or some equivalent

Shaymin's first attack is basically "Flap" which makes sense

Rayquaza's second attack is "Sky's Judgement"

I also really like God Damn Punch, please don't let that get translated

edit: Shaymin's second attack is Revenge, but you could've figured that out based on what every other attack with that effect does

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
thats quite a big combo to pull off if you ask me...
Are you kidding me? That's actually relatively simple, seeing as the hardest part would be getting the turn 2 Vikavolt. however, you could replace Rare Candy with Forest of Giant Plants. I'm not saying that it's going to be a super competitive combination, but it is something to always take in consideration seeing as Rayquaza has access to some major cards such as Choice Band and Fighting Fury Belt.

basilisx

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, Keldeo's actually pretty nice. I can see a deck kinda focsued on it. Masked Royal is pretty meh, the restriction of just the inital types shouldn't be there, the card's not even that good, we're talking about stage 2 Pokémon. I also wished my boi Entei was better but oh well

Edit: WARP ENERGY'S BACK, YIA BOIIIIIIIII