News Japan's SM3+ Set: 'Shining Legends!'

Really loving the art for this set so far! That art on the Reshiram looks amazing, and I think the Masked Royal looks awesome in that full art card! I wonder if he'll still be released in the English Shining Legends set, even though we didn't get any full art trainers in Generations? Would it possibly get pushed to our 4th SM set instead? Or do you guys think it might still be in Shining Legends?

Lugia and Rayquaza look like they might be sorta playable as long as you can get DCE or DDE respectively, but I don't read Japanese, so the additional text on each may make them garbage as well

Masked Royal is alright, I was hoping it would be better. I really wanted Entei GX to be playable, but sadly it isn't. Wasn't expecting anything special from pokemon breeder so I am not too disappointed. I knew as soon as I saw double colorless and +20 for reshiram, it had to be outrage however, it is not a direct reprint sadly. Shaymin is meh. Lugia is okay. Rayquaza is pretty bad. Spiritomb is pretty nice, I like it. I'm not even going to go into detail how bad incineroar is...nice to see warp energy again, I have a few old ones so thats cool

Last edited:
Now that Masked Royal has a description...How bad. That's so very specific and I just can't see it being used. 1 extra energy attachment on a Stage 2 while costing your supporter for the turn? On top of that, it's only Grass, Fire, and Water and it has to be in your hand to a Stage 2? I just can't see that being useful except in extreme situations.

I tried translating Pokemon Breeder, what I got was basically saying "draw 2 cards and heal 20 damage". EDIT: I also tried Rayquaza, the effects of the attacks look to be " Discard to cards from the top of your deck." The second appears to be "Discard 3 energy attached to this pokemon" The last one might be really off though. EDIT 2: Lugias first attack seems to be "60+ damage, if your opponents active pokemon has an ability, this attack does 60 more damage. The second one is "Discard one energy attached to this pokemon" Again, i'm pretty bad at this but its worth a shot.

Last edited:
that Entei GX is not half bad. Also the basic legendarys have so big bass damage for not even being GX more of this plz.

If Suicune and Regice did not have their EX attacks in the past, I hope they will now have the chance to have their GX attacks in this set.

I am also excited for the GX cards of the three legendaries of the fourth generation.

Not sure how I feel about Entei. Could be a backup attacker in Volcanion and its attacks can be powered up with Steam Up when needed. Bench sniping for massive damage is certainly interesting though.

Pokemon Breeder is real just professor kukui but in reverse not bad and any new draw supporter is always welcome.

These are awesome. I'm hoping we get the same foil treatment (or better than) as what I see on the Mew right there. Wow. I wonder if these are going to be easy to collect or not.

@Water Pokémon Master I just want to point out an attack name translation. Flare Drive's English name is Flare Blitz, a move that the Incineroar line gets in the games. The discard all energy requirement is the same as past iterations of Flare Blitz, like D/P Infernape. That being said, Incineroar has GX-level HP and can work well with Po Town or Magma's Secret Base.

Wow, Rayquaza is actually decent. First turn DDE attatchment and then second turn rare candy Vikavolt and attach a Choice Band to Rayquaza and BOOM! 220 damage right there.

About time we get a supporter based on a class in SM.

Shaymin's not half bad. Basically N in Pokemon form. Could possibly be a staple in Rainbow Energy and Decidueye decks. Kamiya Plusle looks interesting.

So how many of the 72 cards had been confirmed and how many are implied? It seems like about half the set's been revealed now.

Back