News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I'm happy that we finally have a forced switch that also has some sort of determent to make you think twice about when to use it.

For a lot of decks, this doesn't matter. I know in my Mega Pidgeot deck, Guzma is just a Lysandre since I have Pokemon with no Retreat Cost, pretty much making the nerf pointless. This means that my deck doesn't have to play Pokemon Catcher while other might if they can't move their active. If the game adapts to this and just use Pokemon with a free or lite Retreat Cost, it pretty much becomes Lysandre.

Zeno

The Wanderer
Just in time for Lysandre to fall out of North American standard too. Interesting. Could combo great with a lot of things and especially with a float stone at the right moment. Nice to see something different replacing Lysandre!

MD Cards

Aspiring Trainer
Golisopod-GX + Choice Band + Lurantis Promo hit for a 170 damage, using Guzma and you're hunting any Shaymin or Tapu Lele-GX for a KO. Now I can see an interesting deck..

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
[muffled rap music in the distance]

I'm definitely a fan of this card. It will one hundred percent be used in a deck I'm working on right now. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to Lysandre and also switch my own cards, but haven't be able to do the latter. I hope he gets a nice full art. I'll have been at my new job for a few months by the time the set drops, so I should be able to buy a full art or two right away if I save.

Also:
August is the Shaymin killer.
Shall I get the funeral arrangements ready? Are we thinking classic funeral, or are we gonna go all out and do a viking funeral?

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
That actually makes total sense, since Lysandre was a generation 6 character. Since they are bringing things up to speed with generation 7, characters included, they weren't going to bring him back.
They brought N and Skyla back in XY so wynaut bring back Dorito head

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
Wonder if Lysandre gets rotated out this year if this will be our supporter opponent switch option. Hope not but it does fit Guzma and Golidspod though.
These two will be different choices for Expanded only, or maybe Worlds
Also:
Why warp point??
It's Escape rope only you get to switch the Pokemon.

Last edited:

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
this has the potential to be even better than lysandre. it also kinda counters itself by providing a switch when you lysandre out a fat reteat cost pokemon, so that strategy is gunna be weakened

That reminds me, are there any plays that require switching more than 1 of your pokemon per turn?

Meowstic-EX, i think. Has a damage counter movement ability when in the active, so you could do it 4 times with a float, switch, + guzma.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Ma Boi Guzma - I love it. This is the card that I am looking for. This is a reason why I am not playing Escape Rope because of it's first effect that act as a Repel. This will be staple in most decks, I love it. No other words to say, but I'll give it 5 Geodudes.