Discussion Good water decks?

Zamuron

Aspiring Trainer
hey guys, i have been playing around with a golduck deck currently, and i LOVE it!
So this made me a fan of water decks, so now i need to know some good water decks!

PS
Any water deck

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Greninja is back again at least in expanded, in standard quad lapras is okay, lapras centric water turbo is also quite good.

Another fun deck I've seen is Huntail PRC/Palkia-EX, which I think does the all energy turbo thing better than Primarina does since Primarina is a stage 2 which makes it inherently janky. Aqua patch enables a lot of new water decks.

21times

Aspiring Trainer
Unfortunately, we currently live in the golden age of grass decks. Grass will never be better than it is right now. Because so many water Pokemon are weak to grass, your going to have a rough time until FoGP rotates. My support for this is that excepting Lapras win in Roanoke, ZERO water decks have placed top 8 in any of the 6 major tournaments since SUM.

If you are dead set on Water, you might want to try Articuno - I just posted a deck list in the garage. You might also want to try Ninetales GX. I haven't had much success with it but some very good players think very highly of it.

But neither of those are weak to grass, so you at least won't have autolosses to the strongest type in the format today.