• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Budget Raticate BREAK - Poison Barb (Grass-Type Killer)

ArnardoH

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I've tried this out and it has been working for me, Raticate Break - Poison Barb, full review here: http://youtu.be/pz7IFK99Doc?a

Cards:

Pokemons:

x4 Rattata
x4 Raticate
x3 Raticate BREAK
x2 Spinarak
x2 Ariados
x1 Shaymin EX (Optional, the deck moves without it)

Trainers:

x4 Trainers' Mail
x4 Vs Seekers
x4 Professor Sycamore
x4 Puzzle of time
x4 Poison Barb (Most Important card)
x1 Hex Maniac
x1 Skyla
x1 Brigitte
x2 Lysandre
x1 Super Rod
x1 Special Charge
x2 Winona
x1 Delinquent
x1 Birch's Observation
x1 N
x1 Teammates
x1 Wally
x2 Evosoda
x2 UltraBall

Energies:

x4 Double Color Energy
x2 Grass Energy

I'm doing a variant of this deck and have run into a snag. I don't believe it would be legal, which is why I need to ask. Can I use Raticate BREAK on Alolan Raticate? I doubt it, but thought I should ask.

I'm doing a variant of this deck and have run into a snag. I don't believe it would be legal, which is why I need to ask. Can I use Raticate BREAK on Alolan Raticate? I doubt it, but thought I should ask.

I believe the answer is no. They have different names so they should count as different Pokémon. You could use the Breakpoint or Evolutions Ratticate instead.

As for the deck, I don't really see the point of poison barb. Ariados does the work better and you don't have to take damage like with poison barb. Also Field Blower can get rid of poison barb which significantly hurts the chances of it activating. I'd cut the barbs for a 3rd Ariados and 2 field blowers since you have no way to disrupt tools / stadiums. I'd also cut the Skyla, in general it's pretty weak. A second N or Lele/Shaymin would be much more effective. I'd consider cutting the 4th Rattata and Ratticate for 2 rescue stretchers. It hurts early game but gives you more versatility late game. Also I'd cut the super rid of either a rescue stretcher or special charge (depending on if you did what I mentioned above, 3 stretchers is excessive). You only run 2 basic energy so in most cases either of those cards would be better.

Last edited:
Back