News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
Playing in expanded is slowly becoming more and more unbearable the more we see these cards like seviper. Siesmitoad + Lasers + 2-4 Sevipers + Virbank is 5-7 damage counters a turn and no items sounds awful to play against. I dont even wanna mention sableye who will take huge advantage of this now that he can do even more damage and get back things like virbank and lasers.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Yeah, it'd be horrible if it was actually useful as a card and not just vaguely-relevant filler for my Gardevoir collection.

It would be nice if it were but the single colored energy and DCE have become way too common for attack cost. DCE should be mostly for Colorless Pokemon since they trade off Weakness.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
It would be nice if it were but the single colored energy and DCE have become way too common for attack cost.
Why is that a bad thing, though? I'd go as far as to say that it's a really good energy cost, because it's like a two-energy attack but with all the drawbacks from using special energy (easier to remove, harder to search from deck, only 4 per deck) to balance it.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Why is that a bad thing, though? I'd go as far as to say that it's a really good energy cost, because it's like a two-energy attack but with all the drawbacks from using special energy (easier to remove, harder to search from deck, only 4 per deck) to balance it.

I don't know if it's a bad thing or not because it should be around but too many cards are just slap a DCE on it and then be done. It just seems like lazy design to do it that way but even if it were a DCE cost, no one would play it because of better options.

SucyX

A Legit Seed
Maybe we will get a Gardevoir card with art of the other side sort of like the Blaziken and Dragonite EX from Furious Fists

GigaGarchomp

Dragon Tamer
On my post about the Charizard-GX Premium Collection I said Heatmor needed some cards and some guy told me he though I misspelled Heatran so I'm glad we're getting a Heatmor card.

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
This gives Toxapex legit potential. I think that is really good. 50 damage a turn for poisoned Pokemon, or 150 with toxapex.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
If Seviper is in the set, wouldn't that technically confirm that Zangoose is in the set as well? The TCG never release a Seviper card unless it is in the same set as a Zangoose card.

Raptor877

Aspiring Trainer
I made an account just to post this. Toxicroak is HUGELY misstranslated. It doesn't state that your opponent pokemon needs to be poisoned in order to deal the extra 80 damage. It's Toxicroak ITSELF that needs to be poisoned in order to deal 80 extra damage.

No disrespect to Bangiras but i had to say this after watching google even made a vidoe about Toxicroak and got the card wrong.

Why didn't I post earlier? Beacuse i just watched the japanese pokemon tcg youtube channel and saw the card there first and thought "cool card". Later i saw google video and wanted to know his opinion on the card.

sorry for any spelling mistakes since i rushed to type this.

Last edited:

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Hold up.
First of all, thanks Raptor877 for the new translation.
But second, Ariados still exists. It will be rotating, but it exists. Use Ariados to poison yourself and the opponent, use Poison High for 160 and a recover from the poison, then Seviper sits on your bench. Lets say you have 3 there. That's 40 poison damage, so you're doing 200 damage overall for two Psychic and a Colorless with no drawback.
I like Toxicroak a lot more now.
I tried getting Poison Enzyme to work, so it's pretty cool to see more Toxicroak viability.

Last edited:

Nyora

A Cat
EDIT: To the people asking, it seems like it will stack, based on the wording.
"place an additonal" as opposed to something like, "Place 2 damage counters, instead of 1."
Correct. And my GOD the thing she I want to do with this! So hyped! :D

GUYS, WE CANT JUST have Lasebank anymore. Now it's gotta be something like Snakebank or hypnosnakes or something. :p

ProcInc

Aspiring Trainer
So either we are getting:

- Just Heatmor and Seviper in SM3, end of.

-Heatmor, Durant, Zangoose and Seviper all in SM3

-Heatmor and Seviper in SM3 and then Durant and Zangoose in SM3+

I just hope we see Zangoose soon now that Seviper is finally back

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Toxicroak+Ariados+Wish Baton+Seviper could work, wouldn't be great but wouldn't be the worst deck ever.