• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tapu Koko GX - The Storm of JUSTICE

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Some more points for your consideration:
  • After further testing and also playing in a local tournament this past weekend (note that GUR cards were legal), Item "wars" have started. Many players were running at least 2 Field Blower s and in some cases, an additional Eco Arm.
  • One player used a mix of Fighting Fury Belts and Choice Bands in order to use the most effective Tool at the time. He ran at least 2 Field Blowers, maybe 3.
  • From that experience, I also think 1 Shaymin EX and 1-2 Tapu Lele GX provides "plenty" of supplemental card-draw support. Should one decide to run 2 Shaymin EXs, these become greater liabilities mid-to-late game if you can't remove them from your bench (via Parallel City). IMO, a Tapu Lele GX is far more versatile, has significantly more HP, no Weakness, and has a solid attack that can potentially inflict significant damage. So, @HitagiCrab consider replacing 1 of your Shaymin EXs.
  • As an alternative to Max Elixirs (my hit rate varies too much), I run Turtonator GX and Tauros GX. When I can start with either of these, I gain plenty of time to setup since most players do NOT want to attack either of these Pokémon early game... Lol.
Popular decks right now (at least in my area): Sylveon GX, Garbodor, DeciPlume, Dark variants, Water Box, Decidueye GX variants.

MachMechs

Aspiring Trainer
I'm planning to switch to run 1 Shaymin and 2 Lele as soon as I can pick up a second one. I'm still running 3 Max Potion also, but I'll probably swap those for Acerola once we get that to recycle the ability on top of heal. I also thought of the non-GX Koko but I'm actually not a huge fan of it in this deck. Probably has more to do with my play style than the card but I don't like having to get 2 energy on. If he's up front I can't use Elixir, and if he's benched it's hard to get him up front. So in the 2 turns it normally takes to get energy on him and have him active, I could usually already have energy on the field to drop a GX and swing with that instead. I just don't see a substantial benefit to him in my list right now.

Other preferences, I still like Aether Paradise now that I went to it over Rough Seas, has bought me an extra turn a few times where Seas doesn't prevent the KO. I have 1 Carbink in mine also, because of the popularity of hammers in Sylveon, Lapras, Garb, and more. Plus there have been a few times I've hit decks playing Brooklet Hill where I could just search it out for free before dumping their stadium. I'm still a fan of Fan Club also, use it nearly every game. There are probably other variances with my list that aren't coming to mind right now. I'll probably post it later for comparison.

Jake00d

Aspiring Trainer
I've had a lot of playing around with Koko and I'm getting closer to my regionals list.

Pokemon
4 Tapu Koko
1 Drampa GX
1 Carbink (energy keeper)
2 Lele
1 Shaymin

Supporters
4 sycamore
3N
2 Lysander
1 Kui Kui
1 Lillie
1 Hex
1 Skyla
1 Ninja boy

Items:
4 ultra ball
4 max elixir
4 vs seeker
2 max potions
1 rescue stretcher
1 super Rod
1 float stone
2 FFB
2 choice band

3 Aether paradise

Energy

It's a very high energy because I've found with 10 or 11 the hit rate wasn't so high.
I do want to find room for a delinquent & giratina promo for the Greninja match up.
Garb is an issue with this many items but you're looking at getting going fast and start taking out Trubbish's early on
In the plume match and Sylveon it's about getting T1 Hex or playing risky and going for Lillie to maximise the elixirs

I think Koko requires a lot more thought than other decks, conserving the energy and holding onto a koko for as long as you can

The ninja boy is for Drampa. Recycle a koko back into the deck or use Drampa & choice band to hit 150/180 with injured Koko on the bench

uriel serjohn m. casal

Aspiring Trainer
I've had a lot of playing around with Koko and I'm getting closer to my regionals list.

Pokemon
4 Tapu Koko
1 Drampa GX
1 Carbink (energy keeper)
2 Lele
1 Shaymin

Supporters
4 sycamore
3N
2 Lysander
1 Kui Kui
1 Lillie
1 Hex
1 Skyla
1 Ninja boy

Items:
4 ultra ball
4 max elixir
4 vs seeker
2 max potions
1 rescue stretcher
1 super Rod
1 float stone
2 FFB
2 choice band

3 Aether paradise

Energy

It's a very high energy because I've found with 10 or 11 the hit rate wasn't so high.
I do want to find room for a delinquent & giratina promo for the Greninja match up.
Garb is an issue with this many items but you're looking at getting going fast and start taking out Trubbish's early on
In the plume match and Sylveon it's about getting T1 Hex or playing risky and going for Lillie to maximise the elixirs

I think Koko requires a lot more thought than other decks, conserving the energy and holding onto a koko for as long as you can

The ninja boy is for Drampa. Recycle a koko back into the deck or use Drampa & choice band to hit 150/180 with injured Koko on the bench

What a coincidence we have almost an identical list hahah except for aether paradise and ffbs hahah

MachMechs

Aspiring Trainer
My list is similar to that as well. I would recommend something like Escape Rope over float stone though because of Field Blower. Just has seemed more reliable in my testing and disrupts your opponent a bit.

Jake00d

Aspiring Trainer
What a coincidence we have almost an identical list hahah except for aether paradise and ffbs hahah
Drampa. You were right.... . Thanks man. Haha.

I think I need a delinquent & Olympia in there. The silent lab can be a real ass. Loving carbink tech though, that's been a great help

Jake00d

Aspiring Trainer
Had Birmingham regionals yesterday, my first one. It was so much fun! And happy with Tapu Koko GX. Went 5-1-3, finishd 82nd out of 372. So all in all a good day out for me & Koko.

Thoughts, baby drampa/ninja boy, didn't use.
Going to swap for another fury belt and maybe stadium

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
I am playing a somewhat "control" version of this. Looks like this.

Pokemon 13
3 Raikou
3 Tapu Koko GX
2 Voltorb
2 Electrode EVO
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Oranguru

Trainers 37
4 Sycamore
4 N
3 Lysandre
2 Ace Trainer
1 Brigette/Pokemon Fan Club (your choice whether you want them in hand or 3 to the bench)
1 Delinquent

4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
3 VS Seeker
2 Field Blower
1 Super Rod

4 Fighting Fury Belt

4 Aether Paradise Convention Center

Energy 10
10 Lightning Energy

The idea is to use Electrode to set up either a Raikou to attack T2 or to use Aero Trail to rush in a Koko and attack T2. That also unlocks Ace Trainer for use T2 which can be pretty devastating when you draw 6 and your opponent draws 3 that early. Frequently, that can lead into a T3 Delinquent putting them down to zero cards and essentially ending the game unless they top deck a lucky card.

Edit: as for the rough seas vs aether paradise conversation, I think the choice is actually pretty obvious. A lot of pokemon can hit 170 damage pretty easily giving you no time to use rough seas. A lot can even get to 210 with a FFB pretty easily. It is a lot harder to get to 200 with Aether or 240 if you have FFB attached. The goal has to be to stay alive long enough to take out your opponent. Rough Seas only does this if you manage to stay alive long enough to use it.

Last edited:

uriel serjohn m. casal

Aspiring Trainer
Had Birmingham regionals yesterday, my first one. It was so much fun! And happy with Tapu Koko GX. Went 5-1-3, finishd 82nd out of 372. So all in all a good day out for me & Koko.

Thoughts, baby drampa/ninja boy, didn't use.
Going to swap for another fury belt and maybe stadium
nice nice good to hear that