• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Alolan Ninetales gx/Rayquaza/Manaphy ex

Soul Wash

Aspiring Trainer
Hey folks, this is my first post here, i came up with this list. Hope that you can help me/give suggestions

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Rayquaza (gur)
* 1 Tapu Lele gx
* 2 Manaphy ex
* 4 alolan vulpix
* 3 alolan ninetales

##trainers - 34

* 1 Professor Kukui
* 4 aqua patch
* 3 rough seas
* 3 trainers' mail
* 2 lysandre
* 4 sycamore
* 1 field blower
* 3 N
* 3 choice band
* 2 float stone
* 2 Ultra Ball
* 2 dive ball
* 4 vs seeker

##Energy - 14

* 11 water basic
* 3 dce for rayquaza

Total cards - 60

UltracoldKyurem

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, it's nice to see other people enjoying the Alolan Ninetales GX card! I personally think it is a great card. In my opinion, you don't really need some of the cards in the list. You could take out the two Rayquaza, since you already have a way to accelerate Water Energy in your deck (Aqua Patch). Sure, Rayquaza could be great to start with, but I think Alolan Vulpix is a good option too (because of its first attack); I know starting with Alolan Vulpix is risky, because it can be easily ko'ed, but two Tapu Lele GX (or one Tapu Lele GX and one Shaymin EX - or maybe an Oranguru) could take the two Rayquaza's spots. Tapu Lele GX not only has a great ability, it is a good secondary attacker too that can easily fit your deck, since you are running 3 Double Colourless Energy (I'd recommend adding one more copy of DCE). I'd take out the Float Stone too, since you are running two Manaphy EX that grant you free retreat. You could play an Escape Rope and a single Wishiwashi (the one with the Cowardice Ability) instead, since Wishiwashi lets you bypass the once-per-turn retreat rule: after attacking using Blizzard Edge, you could retreat your active Alolan Ninetales and send Wishiwashi to the active to charge up your Ninetales again using Aqua Patch; then you could use Wishiwashi's Ability to take it back to your hand and send the fully charged up Ninetales back to the active spot, attach the one-per-turn energy and attack again with Blizzard Edge.
You could try adding some more Ultra Ball or Dive Ball by tweaking the deck here and there.
Other possible tech Pokémon for this deck are Palkia EX, Glaceon EX, Sudowoodo (the one with the Roadblock Ability), although I'd recommend to keep the deck list as simple as possible. You could even try adding one Espeon EX as a tech attacker to devolve damaged Pokémon you sniped before with Ninetales' Ice Blade attack. Also, you could play a Remoraid-Octillery line (2-2, 2-1 or 1-1) as draw support instead of Tapu Lele GX and/or Shaymin EX for a more budget-friendly version of the deck.
4 copies of Puzzle of Time would be a nice addition too, because they can let you take your Aqua Patch cards back from the discard pile when you play two of them together.
I'm definetely going to try different builds of the deck, just to see which one works better/fits my playstyle. I hope you'll find this helpful! Let me know if you have anymore different ideas, I love the Alolan Ninetales GX deck and I'd like to improve it as much as possible.

Last edited:

Soul Wash

Aspiring Trainer
Hi and thanks for your suggestions, I really appreciate it. I tried to tweak the list and this is the result, i feel like it's already getting better

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Oranguru

* 2 Tapu Lele

* 2 Manaphy ex

* 2 Palkia ex

* 4 alolan vulpix

* 3 alolan ninetales

##trainers - 32

* 1 Professor Kukui

* 4 aqua patch

* 3 rough seas

* 2 trainers' mail

* 2 lysandre

* 3 sycamore

* 1 field blower

* 3 N

* 3 choice band

* 3 Ultra Ball

* 4 puzzle

* 3 vs seeker

##Energies- 14

* 4 dce

* 10 water basic

UltracoldKyurem

Aspiring Trainer
Hi and thanks for your suggestions, I really appreciate it. I tried to tweak the list and this is the result, i feel like it's already getting better

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Oranguru

* 2 Tapu Lele

* 2 Manaphy ex

* 2 Palkia ex

* 4 alolan vulpix

* 3 alolan ninetales

##trainers - 32

* 1 Professor Kukui

* 4 aqua patch

* 3 rough seas

* 2 trainers' mail

* 2 lysandre

* 3 sycamore

* 1 field blower

* 3 N

* 3 choice band

* 3 Ultra Ball

* 4 puzzle

* 3 vs seeker

##Energies- 14

* 4 dce

* 10 water basic

I like this list, one more suggestion I can give you is to take out the two Trainer's Mail to make space for one more VS Seeker and one more Ultra Ball. This is a minor tweak anyway, I just think one more Ultra Ball and one more VS Seeker could be more useful than the the two Trainer's Mail since you can get pretty much everything you need thanks to Oranguru and the 3-3 Sycamore-N split (I'm playing 3 Sycamore and 3 N in my Ninetales deck too).
This is the list I am playing right now:

Pokémon (13):
Alolan Ninetales GX x3
Alolan Vulpix x4
Manaphy EX x2
Wishiwashi (Cowardice) x1
Tapu Lele GX x2
Shaymin EX x1

Trainer (34):
Professor Sycamore x3
N x3
Lysandre x2
Professor Kukui x1
Hex Maniac x1
VS Seeker x4
Ultra Ball x4
Aqua Patch x4
Choice Band x3
Rescue Stretcher x2
Field Blower x2
Escape Rope x1
Rough Seas x3
Brooklet Hill x1

Energy (13)
Double Colourless Energy x4
Water Energy x9

I'm thinking about taking out the Brooklet Hill to add one more Rough Seas. I'm also going to try taking out Wishiwashi and one Manaphy EX to add two Glaceon EX. I think I'll try different versions of the deck, I'm definetely going to try the version with Palkia EX too. Actually some card choices depend on the meta you are in, you may want to play one version of the deck in Pokémon TCGO and a different version if you are playing at your League, for example.

Last edited:

Kangdaddy

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys,
Sorry to jump in on your list but I'm also a lover of Alolan ninetails and having great frustrating fun trying to find Pokemon to pair it with haha
The base of
3-3 or 4-3 ninetails
2 Manaphy ex
1 tapu Lele gx

I have tried it with 2 X Lapras gx as its water, diff weakness and a basic so good for Max elixir etc

I have tried going water pyschic due to the fact of trying to maximise tapu Lele and being able to use all his attacks by having a few psychic energy in the deck.
I tired this with toxapex GX with no luck
I tried a 2-2 and a 1-1 garbador line with no luck

Then there are cards like oranges, carbink (energy guard), bruxish, wishwashi etc which have abilities which seem like great fits.
But still not happy with a combo yet, have you done any more experimenting and found something yet?
Cheers
PS puzzle of time is great idea I have "borrowed" haha

UltracoldKyurem

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys,
Sorry to jump in on your list but I'm also a lover of Alolan ninetails and having great frustrating fun trying to find Pokemon to pair it with haha
The base of
3-3 or 4-3 ninetails
2 Manaphy ex
1 tapu Lele gx

I have tried it with 2 X Lapras gx as its water, diff weakness and a basic so good for Max elixir etc

I have tried going water pyschic due to the fact of trying to maximise tapu Lele and being able to use all his attacks by having a few psychic energy in the deck.
I tired this with toxapex GX with no luck
I tried a 2-2 and a 1-1 garbador line with no luck

Then there are cards like oranges, carbink (energy guard), bruxish, wishwashi etc which have abilities which seem like great fits.
But still not happy with a combo yet, have you done any more experimenting and found something yet?
Cheers
PS puzzle of time is great idea I have "borrowed" haha

Hi! I think Glaceon EX could be a great secondary attacker right now. Its attack, Crystal Ray, prevents damage dealt to Glaceon EX by Evolution Pokémon, so it can give you an advantage when playing against Garbodor and other decks that play Evolution Pokémon. I think that Carbink (Energy Keeper) is not that useful in this deck, because its Ability affects only your Basic Pokémon. Wishiwashi (Cowardice) and Sudowoodo (Roadblock) could be useful tech Pokémon (Wishiwashi for multiple retreat and Sudowoodo to counter M Rayquaza EX).