News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Darnit. Now I have to work overtime shifts :(

Everyone wants their turn one supporter *grumble grumble*

anthony7245

Aspiring Trainer
Everyone's worried about the general speed of the game after Shaymin EX rotates but with stuff like this, aqua patch, Tapu Lele GX, Max Elixir, etc. I'm looking forward to how the pace changes

Slurma

Aspiring Trainer
This actually really good, volcanion is going to become even more broken, also maybe if charizard GX is good. If you don't get it turn one however...

Purrloin

I reread the effect like 10 times thinking I'm surely overlooking some catch. Four energy attaches is ridiculous.

The good thing is that it works with any Pokémon, which makes it a little less broken (since the opponent can run with it too). Though it really only helps fill Colorless requirements in that way... such as... Lele... oh Arceus! :eek:

Edit:
They just added that the turn ends. I thought there was something missing~. I feel a lot better now.

Last edited:

Draskk

Blast From The Past
This is like Tropical Beach or Professor Oak's New Hint in acceleration form. This will be absolutely broken in volc with Energy Reset to get you four steam ups. I don't even know what to say to this tbh. Except, here comes Volc.

taschen88

Aspiring Trainer
Just an opinion:
The Sun & Moon era of TCG so far seems to be primarily focused on Grass/Fire/Water.
In this generation so far we've gotten ability shooting Decidueye-GX, anti-EX and GX Golisopod, potential miller Tsareena, and Lurantis-GX for Grass;
Lapras-GX, Alolan Ninetales-GX, Brooklet Hill, and Aqua Patch for Water;
and Turtonator-GX, coin-reflipper Victini, and special condition inducing Salazzle;

I'm wondering what'll happen to Grass decks when Forest of the Giant Plants and Revitalizer will rotate out into Expanded only territory; Water has always been good and now Aqua Patch will be an item/discard pile alternative to Palkia-EX; And now Fire decks will stand a chance against speedy decks, Water or otherwise!

I'm gonna make a Charizard deck again for sure because of fandom, lol. Don't care if it won't be competitively good, but hopefully playable with this new Kiawe. :)

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
For kicks I almost just wanna straight up use it with Lele GX offensively. Maybe use Exp. Share to keep the energy on the board to keep Energy Drive powered.

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
RIP, Blacksmith lol
Completely disagree. They are both situational. Blacksmith doesn't end your turn and has won more than a few games early or late with timely attachments.

If I had to make a guess, this card will see a lot of play in standard, but sees almost no play in expanded. This card could potentially be amazing with dragons exalted rayquaza. That sets up a turn 2 knock out of almost anything in the game.

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
Seems like sm4 should give grass some type of energy acceleration sense the other starter types have one now. This card is pretty solid overall blacksmith is still better in expanded thanks to its energy recovery and ability to allow for big numbers on turn 2 but this affect will likely be used in a deck style similar to wob/groudon or decks that will do everything in there power to get this on the first turn so the turn ending won't be terrible

Um no. At this point, I am so sick of Decidueye and Lurantis lock decks that if Pokemon gives grass no support for the next year I would be good with it. Same reason I have been pleased with the general lack of support dark has gotten in sun and moon. I would like to see additional lighting support.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Lucky me, I'm building a Volcanion deck right now. For sure going to put this in there, and I was already thinking of maybe throwing in an Energy Reset, but now I definitely will. But now to get Leles...
Speaking of Lele, imagine this with Lele and other cards like it, including Lugia-EX, M Mewtwo-EX, Flareon-EX, etc. I know that a few of those cards will be rotating, but getting 5 Energies onto a Flareon is like, 150 damage, attach next turn and its 170. That will be KOing stuff, especially with Choice Band and maybe a Steam Up. Don't forget EXP Share too, you can use that to help keep Energy on the field, and then use Field Blower to rid of it for something more useful, such as the before mentioned Choice Band.
Oh, I love this card already.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Super cool card that makes fire decks more playable. Although I do think turn ends is relatively huge, and you need to attach to one Pokemon. With Tapu Lele-Lysandre and depending on the opponent especially M-mewtwo, and Lapras (which I play attack more thanmill mode now) the Pokemon with 4 energy could be vulnerable.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
I was really hoping to see the game slow down a bit but looks like that hope is getting shattered. Running energy and/or trainer disruption is going to become extremely important if I want to counter fire decks.

Seng vang

Svang20
Man long live the fore deck!
Incerniroar gx
Volcanion ex
Ho ho gx
And charizard gx
This also works well with tapu lele too

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
So Flareon EX is back now... 1rst attack can be K.O ANYTHING 150 or maybe 170 damage firt turn (with no steam up) is ultra high with no penalty! I mean most grass pokemon (forest) is weak is fire and the 2nd player cannot evoled exept rom wally. So the only possible cards can be save from this attack is some GX pokemon but with Band or one steam up is 200 damage if opponent try GX pokemon... So is huge average.

After the rotation is Steal huge average just from LELE.

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
I think the only reason they are making such OP cards is because there will not be a Discard hand +draw 7 cards this time around. Other than that, I don't see why. Any ideas?